PDA

View Full Version : PayPal

Ticolawnllc
01-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Just added a pay now button on my web site. What do you guy’s thing. 2.9% on every dollar +.30 per transaction. Sound good, bad, ugly?

I hope to use it to collect from customers that don't have the cash but can pay with credit. Also it could help me get bigger jobs people might want to pay with cards.

M&B LAWN CARE
01-21-2012, 11:17 PM
never was a fan of paypal, i have a cc swiper for my iphone 2.7% for each swipe.

Puddle of Oil
01-21-2012, 11:43 PM
I have the button on my site. So far so good, haven't had any problems

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
01-21-2012, 11:48 PM
I have the button on my site. So far so good, haven't had any problems

Me too, for the very few who use every month it costs me about $3 for each $100, theres a new one out called www.dwolla.com I've been checking out too and its only a Quarter per transaction no monthly fees nothing, only a quarter....
http://help.dwolla.com/customer/portal/articles/87192-dwolla-for-merchants

Ticolawnllc
01-22-2012, 12:05 AM
As time goes on I'll see if its the best fit. Right now it is because there is no equipment to buy.
Iphones are not cheap and the card swipe is a lil more.

I'll try paypal and if it takes off I'll switch gears.

Oh and by the way just a fun side note.
Last week I got a used scag 52" Hydro for this guy on ebay. He sent me an invoice via paypal (thats why I looked into it) and I paid. Turns out since I hadn't use my paypal account in a long time, they canceled my payment and refunded me the money.

Now the poor guy is out $3,600.00
I called the store and I guess they weren't working. I feel so bad. I did leave him a message. I'll call Monday to. The good thing is he's only 45min away.

DuallyVette
01-22-2012, 01:53 AM
QuickBooks has a payment plan. You can e-mail your invoice to the customer. The invoice has a link that the customer can click on and pay you. The customer signs up at QB's site and the customer can pay you from their checking account for just $.50 per transaction. If you want QB to accept CC for payment, it's about 2.9%.

GMLC
01-22-2012, 08:59 AM
I use Pay Pal on my site and love it. I also have Square on my iphone. In the end it costs about the same for every provider. You either pay a little more per a transaction or you pay a monthly fee(choose your poison). I have started adding $1-$2 to my estimates to help cover any costs.

Ticolawnllc
01-22-2012, 10:15 AM
I use Pay Pal on my site and love it. I also have Square on my iphone. In the end it costs about the same for every provider. You either pay a little more per a transaction or you pay a monthly fee(choose your poison). I have started adding $1-$2 to my estimates to help cover any costs.

once it starts to take off I would pass the cost to the customer. Or at least part or half of it.

I'm glad to see that I wasn't completely off the rocker in doing this.

Patriot Services
01-22-2012, 11:45 AM
I've used Paypal for years and love it. I also have Square for on site card swiping. Customers like that they can use the card of their choice or bank account. They get their miles or reward points. I do not charge extra, I look at as a cost of doing business and it saves me check handling time.:usflag:

Ticolawnllc
01-22-2012, 01:17 PM
I've used Paypal for years and love it. I also have Square for on site card swiping. Customers like that they can use the card of their choice or bank account. They get their miles or reward points. I do not charge extra, I look at as a cost of doing business and it saves me check handling time.:usflag:

Thats a good point.

grass-scapes
01-22-2012, 06:41 PM
QuickBooks has a payment plan. You can e-mail your invoice to the customer. The invoice has a link that the customer can click on and pay you. The customer signs up at QB's site and the customer can pay you from their checking account for just $.50 per transaction. If you want QB to accept CC for payment, it's about 2.9%.

don't forget the minimum monthly charges. If my charges for the month don't hit a certain amount, they bill me for the rest. they keep increasing it, I keep calling and getting it lowered. Its never been lower than 19.00 a month PLUS the actual swipe charges.

It costs much more to have a merchant account when you don't have a lot of people using it. I have paypal and square for the phone. I would rather use paypal, as I get that in my account the fastest of them all.

Keep in mind with the merchant account through quickbooks, most customers are going to give you a number over the phone, as having a portable swiper compatible with their service is expensive. That brings your rate up higher. Also, the more you use the service, the cheaper it will become. For the small time CC user, in my opinion.... knowledgeable opinion....Paypal is what you want for now.

Patriot Services
01-22-2012, 07:03 PM
Another advantage with paypal is the debit card that let's you have instant access to your money instead of waiting for the transfer. Even then I've never had to wait more than 24 hrs for it to transfer. My favorite emails are "you've got money"!
Posted via Mobile Device

Ticolawnllc
01-22-2012, 07:10 PM
Another advantage with paypal is the debit card that let's you have instant access to your money instead of waiting for the transfer. Even then I've never had to wait more than 24 hrs for it to transfer. My favorite emails are "you've got money"!
Posted via Mobile Device

sounds like paypal might just upen a bank branch down the street.

DuallyVette
01-28-2012, 11:37 PM
don't forget the minimum monthly charges. If my charges for the month don't hit a certain amount, they bill me for the rest. they keep increasing it, I keep calling and getting it lowered. Its never been lower than 19.00 a month PLUS the actual swipe charges.

It costs much more to have a merchant account when you don't have a lot of people using it. I have paypal and square for the phone. I would rather use paypal, as I get that in my account the fastest of them all.

Keep in mind with the merchant account through quickbooks, most customers are going to give you a number over the phone, as having a portable swiper compatible with their service is expensive. That brings your rate up higher. Also, the more you use the service, the cheaper it will become. For the small time CC user, in my opinion.... knowledgeable opinion....Paypal is what you want for now.

Quickbooks doesn't seem to have a minimum fee for e-checks.
http://payments.intuit.com/paymentnetwork-electronic-invoicing-online-bill-payment/