PDA

View Full Version : Trailers enclosed vs open

bel-nor
01-22-2012, 03:31 PM
Good evening Florida LCOs. My question is which seems the be the most popular, enclosed vs open trailers in the sunshine state. Particularly with the solo operator. Thanks be careful out there.

Landscape Poet
01-22-2012, 04:51 PM
I would guess that Open is the preferred trailer down here or at least most common in my area I can not speak for the state as a whole. There are Enclosed trailers used in the area for sure, but it appears to me that open is used much more in my area.

I am taking it the reason why open is more used is they are cheaper, allow you to do more functions with them. For example Mulch, plantings, sod etc can easily be performed on a open trailer where a enclosed trailer limits your ability to perform these task.

Florida Gardener
01-22-2012, 06:11 PM
Around here it is half and half. The solo or small companies usually have open vs the bigger guys who have closed. The biggest downfall to open is weather wearing on equipment.
Posted via Mobile Device

williams lcm
01-22-2012, 08:28 PM
Enclosed trailer benefits: keeps you and your equipment dry, good billboard advertising if lettered, less stolen equipment, can use to go to the bathroom in(I have a home made urinal in mine, I drink alot of coffee),looks a little more professional, can hide from crazy customers and the list goes on.

Open trailer benefits: can use for mulch, less expensive, dont really need to wash and wax trailer, can show off your nice zero turns and equipment to other people/LCO's,easier to see around and back up better,ect ect ect

bel-nor
01-22-2012, 09:31 PM
At 54 the urinal was my first idea.....lol. Thanks for the pros and cons in the Florida area.

Keith
01-22-2012, 11:25 PM
Enclosed trailer benefits: keeps you and your equipment dry, good billboard advertising if lettered, less stolen equipment, can use to go to the bathroom in(I have a home made urinal in mine, I drink alot of coffee),looks a little more professional, can hide from crazy customers and the list goes on.

Open trailer benefits: can use for mulch, less expensive, dont really need to wash and wax trailer, can show off your nice zero turns and equipment to other people/LCO's,easier to see around and back up better,ect ect ect

Pretty much the way I see it. I'll just add that with an open it's also easier to load and unload debris, trash cans, etc. That has been the main reason I have never purchased an enclosed.

jvanvliet
01-23-2012, 08:08 AM
Pretty much what William said. Our trailers are enclosed because of all the gear we stow on them. It'd make easy pickings on an open trailer.