PDA

View Full Version : charlotte nc... join or work for a growing company

araceli
01-25-2012, 11:42 AM
I just dropped my major client after 7 years.

While I could start over getting new customers, I'd prefer to join up with a growing company ( partnership ) or just work for someone.

I was doing between 2 and 7 apartment complexes over that period so I have the equipment for just about anything.

This past fall, I cleaned leaves at 5 complexes ( 40 - 50 8x4x14 truckloads) in the same time that I did 3 the previous year. I was told that I was too slow.

I just grew tired of unreasonable expectations. I only have 20 years of working for two other landscape companies and being self employed, but because they have mowed their own yards, " we know how to do it " Sorry, but 50 - 100 acres of class c complexes are just a tad different especially when there is never any money for the landscaping needs.

Anyway, if someone needs to expand or an experienced worker...........

Cutter1
01-30-2012, 06:50 AM
My brother is a foreman at a place in Charlotte if you are looking for a position. Sure they would love to interview you. Let me know.
Posted via Mobile Device

araceli
01-30-2012, 02:32 PM
Any help you and the members here can give me will be appreciated.

I am so stressed out. Even though I resigned, they want me to stay on and work ( at first 2 and then that changed to 3 of the complexes if I were to call the second in charge to basically beg for my job back ).

My resignation was not a " spur of the moment " thing in anger. I had been thinking about it for a long time. I could write a book about my client and it would be better than any of the original " Twilight Zones ".

I am an old school person. Working, driving and voting are privileges not to be taken for granted. I've been with my wife for 26 years. My son is the student body president of a major university here in NC.

I just want to work for someone that will say "thanks " or " good job ". I worked for a person like that. One of the biggest mistakes I have ever made was to quit to where I am now. I'd go back but things wouldn't be the same if he were to hire me back. It would be like dealing with an old girlfriend or an ex wife. I've gone home to where I grew up in NY, my family moved here to NC , old friends are gone..... just buildings and memories. I have to move forward.

I'm not totally about money either. I'd be less than honest to say that minimum wage was great upon hire ( unless I was on a fast track based on performance ), but I won't be asking $ 50 per hour either.

I've done a few interviews, but " it's a couple months ".

What I don't want to do is get new clients and then have to tell them that I am out of business if someone hires me. I am committed to working for someone else.

Thanks to all who read this

Cutter1
01-30-2012, 06:12 PM
I talked to him today and they are definetly looking.7042003762 his name is Zach. They are big company and I know they are looking for some foremans
Posted via Mobile Device

ReddensLawnCare
02-02-2012, 09:32 PM
araceli, would the accounts your referring to be Eagle Woods, Briar Creek Wimbley, and Sailboat bay? Give me a call anytime before 10pm 704-796-1308