PDA

View Full Version : how long before you receive your new mower

duelling carl
01-25-2012, 01:24 PM
I bought a Metro December 14th. I got an amazing deal and at the time he said he was only doing snow til Jan 1st then going back to turf. I paid in full and he said I was first in line. So since we've had no snow really should I be worried its been more than a month and still no mower?

orangemower
01-25-2012, 01:50 PM
I don't have a clue what you're talking about but I didn't order a new mower so I couldn't tell ya.

duelling carl
01-25-2012, 01:55 PM
I bought it, paid for it rather, December 14th and still don't have the mower in my possession yet. Was wondering if this is normal for a new mower purchase...

orangemower
01-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Oh, I see. You bought it at a dealer and they haven't gotten it in yet? That makes sense. Give them time, it will make it's way into your garage soon enough. Plus, you won't be mowing any lawns for a couple months anyway. I'm sure they will call as soon as they get it in. I waited 2 weeks for my Scag but that was in March-April. The Metro will do you well.

KrayzKajun
01-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Did u buy from a dealer?
Posted via Mobile Device

DIXIECONTRACTING
01-25-2012, 02:31 PM
You can't mow for a couple months anyhow so you may as well wait besides that only extends the warranty.

mowerbrad
01-25-2012, 03:14 PM
It depends on quite a few factors. The last couple mowers I bought had to be ordered since my dealer didn't have those models in stock. I waited about 4-5 weeks for delivery for both times I purchased a new mower, I did order in March though.

You may have to wait on the manufacturer though, they may not have many of those models available at the time for various reasons, so you may have to wait until tbey have more produced.

I would not worry about the time length right now, as the dealer has to go through his distributor who has to go through the manufacturer to get the product. Keep in tough with your dealer but I wouldn't worry.
Posted via Mobile Device

MOturkey
01-25-2012, 03:33 PM
If it is a reputable dealer, I wouldn't be concerned, but hey, why not just give them a call and ask when you can expect delivery?

lawns Etc
01-25-2012, 05:28 PM
LOWTHERS? I got nothing but praise. They get very very large orders in Feb and early March. Like 200 units. Now Laurel if thats where you went I dont have experience with them

billythekid
01-25-2012, 05:36 PM
might be remotely helpful but when i talked to our exmark dealer they said they sold a bunch of metros this year so perhaps they don't have them in stock or they might have only had 2011 models and are giving you a 2012 (if that's even a factor).

duelling carl
01-25-2012, 08:39 PM
LOWTHERS? I got nothing but praise. They get very very large orders in Feb and early March. Like 200 units. Now Laurel if thats where you went I dont have experience with them

Yeah I went to Laurel. He told me he had 3 units left and was trying to get rid of them before the 2012s came out so I got a great deal and he's dropping it off to my house for free and that is after he has me come over and learn how to use and maintain it. When I bought mine there was one in the parking lot waiting to be picked up.