PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki Carb Help

CuttingEdge8684
01-25-2012, 09:01 PM
Photo is a top down view of a carb from a 19 HP Kawasaki FH580V-AS14-R.

It appears to be missing some sort of plug but can't be certain what it is since exploded views don't show it as a part.

Hoping someone with a similar engine/carb can take a look and help me out.

Thank you.

Ridin' Green
01-25-2012, 10:57 PM
If you're talking about the gold colored object, I don't believe that there's anything missing. That's just the retainer that's pressed in over the end of the choke butterfly/plate pivot shaft I believe.

CuttingEdge8684
01-25-2012, 11:05 PM
It is the gold colored hole. There is actually one hole going down into the carb and one going horizontally as well. Without covering the hole with my finger the engine pulses up and down. So that's why I believe something use to be there. And also, without something there dirt would easily enter the carb. Just don't know if it sealed it off all the way or what.

Ridin' Green
01-25-2012, 11:39 PM
I assume that you have this exploded view, and that was what you were referring to in your first post?
It looks like it's the top end of what they are calling the main nozzle (part # 49121). It doesn't appear that there is anything that is supposed to go into the top to plug it off in this diagram-

http://kmcb2c.econnect.partsandwarranty.com/kmcb2c/Menu?action=CATALOGB2B&prodID=3375723&elementType=2&historyDepth=3&CHANGENUMBEROFITEMS=63

I MOW ALONE
01-26-2012, 12:54 AM
looks like someone may have tried to remove it and pushed it down a bit into the carb and now its sucking air.

SB Gary
01-26-2012, 08:34 AM
There is a small plug missing. Kawasaki addressed this issue in there last dealer update school. Take it to your Kawasaki dealer for repair. The ones that I have found the plug was loose, we used jb weld on top of the plug to hold them in after replacing the plug with a new one. Hope this helps SB Gary

CuttingEdge8684
01-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Thanks Gary. That's the answer I was looking for. I'll take it in and have them plug it. And perhaps pick up some JB Weld:)