PDA

View Full Version : Put my hands on a new Toro Timemaster 30''

RGM
01-26-2012, 11:52 AM
I work part time at Home Depot and we got the Timemaster in Tues night. It looks like a good mower for cutting were you can't get to with your walk behinds 36" or larger. It has the same drive as the Personal Pace looks like a bigger trans with a shape similar to a pearless like on my snapper walk behinds. It is 8.75 ft torque lbs briggs professional engine has a kind of similar walk behind frame with a separate dual blade deck grease less spindles. The handle is adjustable for me a good thing I think most lawn mower handles sit to low. The tires are rubber and wider then regular lawnmowers taller and even wider in the back. Its definitely a heaver gauge metal then then toro lawnmowers. It comes with a recoil start with with a blade engage level on handle and a kill switch. I looked at the manual and it showed other engine options which included a Vanguard with oil filter and electric start version. So maybe it will be available in a slightly more commercial version at the dealers. I'll find at more at the Depots power equipment show next month. I have to get a new walk behind for this year and I think I might pay the extra money and get it instead of a new Honda.

Valk
01-26-2012, 12:30 PM
Are the timed parallel blades belt driven...with a cogged belt? This sticks out as a weak point to me. Will the mechanism survive a hidden tree-stump? Time will tell.

RGM
01-26-2012, 12:33 PM
yes they are

organiclawncanada
01-26-2012, 12:52 PM
I looked at one at the Landscape Ontario Show in Toronto, and it looked like a decent unit. Certainly is an alternative to a full size walk behind. You can buy 3 of these for the cost of one walkbehind. I am giving it serious consideration. :canadaflag:

torotorotoro
01-26-2012, 01:07 PM
i will definatly look into one . what is home depot getting for these. they are not here yet. i would not mind a homeowner version. i have two comercial toros now. one with 2 cycle suzike and one with new kaw. i love them both, but i saw they have a totally redesighned 21'' with a honda engine. i was looking at on of these because it has a true side discharge. i will hold off till i see one of these 30''

organiclawncanada
01-26-2012, 01:12 PM
My only hesitation is the personal pace system, as I have never used one before.

Mlawonn
01-26-2012, 01:21 PM
I would love to see pictures and/or seeing it in action when the season starts...any teaser pictures now? I am really interested in one myself. I am glad that they are putting on a commercial engine as well

torotorotoro
01-26-2012, 01:29 PM
My only hesitation is the personal pace system, as I have never used one before.

personal pace is great if you are the one doing it. employees tend to walk so slow when you are not watcking them. with the select gear it reminds them how fast they should be going.

94gt331
01-26-2012, 07:52 PM
You can watch this mower in action on youtube. I'm really considering one also.

Richard Martin
01-26-2012, 08:12 PM
Are the timed parallel blades belt driven...with a cogged belt? This sticks out as a weak point to me. Will the mechanism survive a hidden tree-stump? Time will tell.

My Ferris 36 with a cogged blade timing belt didn't even have to hit anything. The belt just jumped one day and destroyed the blades. I put 2 new blades and a belt on it and that lasted about 50 hours before the saddles on both spindles broke. The mower has been retired with under 200 hours on it. I do not have patience for that kind of crap.

G. Ramey
01-26-2012, 08:46 PM
RGM how much is HomeDepot selling the mower for?

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
01-26-2012, 08:58 PM
B&S vanguard?????
Really? Now I'm really thinking about one of these
My dealer is getting them on feb 1
can't wait!
Posted via Mobile Device

RGM
01-27-2012, 09:39 PM
RGM how much is HomeDepot selling the mower for?

$999 is the price right now

RGM
01-27-2012, 09:41 PM
B&S vanguard?????
Really? Now I'm really thinking about one of these
My dealer is getting them on feb 1
can't wait!
Posted via Mobile Device

the Depot has a Briggs pro series but in the manual 3 different engines are listed one being a Vanguard with oil filter

RGM
01-27-2012, 09:54 PM
I would love to see pictures and/or seeing it in action when the season starts...any teaser pictures now? I am really interested in one myself. I am glad that they are putting on a commercial engine as well

http://pressroom.toro.com/homeowner/fall_2011_new_timemaster_mower.html

j-ville native
01-27-2012, 11:34 PM
http://pressroom.toro.com/homeowner/fall_2011_new_timemaster_mower.html

when can depot start selling them? i went there today to check em out since you said you got them in already but there weren't any there

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-27-2012, 11:44 PM
As long as the Pers Pace on this new machine is beefy enough, I would consider one too when my 21 Toro poops out.

I really like Pers. Pace, zero problems with it in 5 seasons of use.

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
01-28-2012, 10:55 AM
the Depot has a Briggs pro series but in the manual 3 different engines are listed one being a Vanguard with oil filter

Same price $999.95?
Or is it the $1099.95 price???
could you please clarify that too thanks :waving:

ralph02813
01-28-2012, 12:22 PM
My Ferris 36 with a cogged blade timing belt didn't even have to hit anything. The belt just jumped one day and destroyed the blades. I put 2 new blades and a belt on it and that lasted about 50 hours before the saddles on both spindles broke. The mower has been retired with under 200 hours on it. I do not have patience for that kind of crap.

what year, what model

ralph02813
01-28-2012, 12:24 PM
$999 is the price right now

Not all home depots will carry them - you can get them for the same price at your dealers - Here is a real problem if you buy it at Home Depot and something goes wrong guess where you have to bring it to - you guessed, your dealer - hmmm where should I buy mine!

smallstripesnc
01-28-2012, 01:29 PM
I plan on using the timemaster as my main unit this year. I only use small mowers and most of the properties I currently have are small and a bigger walk behind just is too big in my opinion.

My main reason for purchasing this mower is the weight. At 132lbs for the recoil version VS 400lbs for a 32 inch walk behind. I'm hauling with a 1983 BMW 320I turbo charged and well I don't want to be eating gas by pulling a 400lb mower.

Also I see this as a great unit and I'm praying they come out with the B&S vanguard with an oil filter because that was my main complain with this unit. Not having a spin on oil filter.

torotorotoro
01-28-2012, 01:41 PM
Not all home depots will carry them - you can get them for the same price at your dealers - Here is a real problem if you buy it at Home Depot and something goes wrong guess where you have to bring it to - you guessed, your dealer - hmmm where should I buy mine!

you got it backwards. it is not a commercial mower if you buy it from your local lawn mower shop all they will give you is a 30 day warrenty. if you buy it at home depot you will get the full 3 year homeowner warrenty. then they will ship it to have it fixed. it will take longer but it will be free.

ralph02813
01-28-2012, 03:15 PM
you got it backwards. it is not a commercial mower if you buy it from your local lawn mower shop all they will give you is a 30 day warrenty. if you buy it at home depot you will get the full 3 year homeowner warrenty. then they will ship it to have it fixed. it will take longer but it will be free.

No I got it right, you read it backwards and upside down, read it again: Originally Posted by ralph02813

What I was saying was how happy is your dealer going to be when he has to do warranty work on your home depot machine:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

brucec
01-28-2012, 03:32 PM
I do like the idea of a 30" rear bag machine, but it will be seriously underpowered with that engine. I would be interested in one but not with that engine.

ralph02813
01-28-2012, 03:33 PM
I do like the idea of a 30" rear bag machine, but it will be seriously underpowered with that engine. I would be interested in one but not with that engine.

Apparently, you can get a different engine at your dealers!

Richard Martin
01-28-2012, 04:08 PM
what year, what model

Only the Hyrowalk had timed blades. All years after 2004.

stephen424
01-28-2012, 04:09 PM
I plan on using the timemaster as my main unit this year. I only use small mowers and most of the properties I currently have are small and a bigger walk behind just is too big in my opinion.

My main reason for purchasing this mower is the weight. At 132lbs for the recoil version VS 400lbs for a 32 inch walk behind. I'm hauling with a 1983 BMW 320I turbo charged and well I don't want to be eating gas by pulling a 400lb mower.

Also I see this as a great unit and I'm praying they come out with the B&S vanguard with an oil filter because that was my main complain with this unit. Not having a spin on oil filter.

What side of town do you service?
Posted via Mobile Device

smallstripesnc
01-28-2012, 05:53 PM
What side of town do you service?
Posted via Mobile Device

I PMed you so I'm not hijacking this thread.

ralph02813
01-28-2012, 06:30 PM
Only the Hyrowalk had timed blades. All years after 2004.

Thanks Richard!

j-ville native
01-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Apparently, you can get a different engine at your dealers!

i don't think so. i checked on toro.com and the 2 models have the same engine, just different starting methods, manual or electric start

smallstripesnc
01-28-2012, 08:46 PM
i don't think so. i checked on toro.com and the 2 models have the same engine, just different starting methods, manual or electric start

I don't think they will offer different engines for it. The engine on it is actually a decent engine besides not having a spin on oil filter and it may be slightly under powered for the unit but we'll all see.

I'm very excited to get my hands on it and use it as my main unit.

Richard Martin
01-28-2012, 09:05 PM
The engine on it is actually a decent engine besides not having a spin on oil filter and it may be slightly under powered for the unit but we'll all see.

I'm very excited to get my hands on it and use it as my main unit.

You think the Briggs 6 HP engine is decent? A 30" mower should have no less than a 10 HP engine. That's a whole lot of blade for that crappy Briggs engine to try to turn in heavy grass.

smallstripesnc
01-28-2012, 09:13 PM
You think the Briggs 6 HP engine is decent? A 30" mower should have no less than a 10 HP engine. That's a whole lot of blade for that crappy Briggs engine to try to turn in heavy grass.

I do agree that they probably should have a bigger engine on the mower. Its a decent engine by itself but as I said it will more than likely be under powered for the size of the mower.

All I can say is we'll see how it performs. I'm just wondering why Toro would release a mower that can't cut well. I know its rated a home owner unit but I'm guessing they have in mind that people shouldn't remove more than 1/3 of the grass blade.

greenerman
01-28-2012, 10:21 PM
[QUOTE=smallstripesnc;4289120]I plan on using the timemaster as my main unit this year.

Good luck with that!

smallstripesnc
01-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Its definitely a step up from the 22" toro im using now. I had a 48" walk behind but the weight was an issue. My car just isntt able to haul a 400lb+ mower.

At 132lbs im willing to deal with it being a little under powered.
Posted via Mobile Device

joed
01-28-2012, 10:28 PM
Toro has a good idea here but that engine is underpowered. I had the misfortune of buying one of the first Exmark 26" mowers when they first came out in 2005. It had the 179 cc Kawasaki engine on it. It bagged well but it was a terrible mulcher. The engine just couldn't handle anything remotely thick. I can see the same issue with Toro's latest version. They need to put on a 8-10 HP engine on these things. Unfortunately, that would increase the weight too much.

Here are some videos of this unit in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDNq03WlKb4&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZA1lWuTCBI&feature=related

Exact Rototilling
01-29-2012, 02:45 AM
Advantage of a Home Depot purchase is the return policy...30 days if not happy with the purchase. Im interested in the mower, but if it cant bag wet grass like my yBravo 25 can.... Id take it back in heart beat.

ralph02813
01-29-2012, 05:35 AM

I could have sworn my dealer said there where two, maybe I misunderstood, and it as you say I manual one electric - I think he gets them next week, I will stop down there and recheck - thanks!

RGM
01-30-2012, 08:58 AM
when can depot start selling them? i went there today to check em out since you said you got them in already but there weren't any there

My store in cockeysville md has them now

RGM
01-30-2012, 09:01 AM
Same price $999.95?
Or is it the $1099.95 price???
could you please clarify that too thanks :waving:

home depot has the $999.00 witht the briggs professional engine not sure what the dealers will carry but Ive seen the 999 and 1099 retail price on the toro website

RGM
01-30-2012, 09:07 AM
The manual show 3 different engines 1 is a vanguard with oil filter home depots all have local repair centers that are factor cetified shops. They send out and receive equipment for repairs 2 times a week.

Richard Martin
01-30-2012, 09:10 AM
I'm just wondering why Toro would release a mower that can't cut well.

A lot of companies release mowers that are crap. Exmark released the 26 and to this day there are professionals that complain about it's performance. It was just plain junk when they first released it. Then there's the Exmark Triton deck.

RGM
01-31-2012, 10:22 AM
The $1099 version is the same engine with electric start.

ralph02813
01-31-2012, 10:23 AM
The $1099 version is the same engine with electric start.

Thanks for clearing that up!

lawnboy dan
02-01-2012, 09:43 AM
i cant believe you "pros" are considering this pos desighn. personal pace works byslipping the belt to change the speed and you only get full drive with no belt slip at full speed. at less than full speed you have to push the mower! try this on a 30 in mower in thick spongy grass.

ralph02813
02-01-2012, 10:13 AM
i cant believe you "pros" are considering this pos desighn. personal pace works byslipping the belt to change the speed and you only get full drive with no belt slip at full speed. at less than full speed you have to push the mower! try this on a 30 in mower in thick spongy grass.

I hear you Dan, but I also think everything has its place - it seems to me, that under the right conditions this thing could add 30% more productivity. If you are a flat lander this could mean you finish that 1 hour cut, trim and blow in 40 minutes. That also means it gets paid for this year by one $35/wk customer. It also means that if you are cutting 10 lawns a day 4 days a week that you can now do that in three.

If I had one on the back of my truck next to my 36 ferris hydro, it would hopefully never come off the truck. I had a 21 toro on my truck which someone liberated. So there sits a 21 yellow dog (cub cadet) , got the YD for a stupid price otherwise I wouldn't have one.

The Toro Company
02-02-2012, 12:38 PM
We are excited with the launch of the new 30 TimeMaster. Wed like to answer some questions posed by this thread:

- 30 TimeMaster is a consumer grade product 3 year B2B warranty. 45 day commercial. Two models BSS (blade stop) and BSS/ES. 132 and 138 pounds unit weight respectively.

- Briggs Pro 8.75 gross torque engine for the two models (ES has on-board charging) all performance testing has been successful using this engine even in lush and hilly conditions

- Recycling quality of cut is on par with our Super Recycler product. The after-cut appearance is extremely flat. Bagging and side discharge is superior to anything in our walk behind product family. Overall significant gains in efficiency compared to a 21 WPM.

- Timed deck system is heavily engineered to withstand stumps/etc. Two fixed idler pulleys with a leaf spring on one idler pulley to maintain tension and alignment. Blade driver is designed to shear to prevent damage to the spindles/timing system. Testing other competitive timed blade systems proved our durability far exceeded products on the market today.

- Personal Pace system is coupled with a cone clutch, internal differential, oil filled aluminum housing transmission (non-rocking; no belt slipping). Evaluation of the cone clutch system at the completion of our extended lab and field durability testing found little wear. This transmission is very solid. Blue Traction Assist lever aids the maneuverability and hill climbing.

- Other high durability aspects of design include precision ball bearings in wheels and drive train, metal wheel gears, and an increased cutting chamber deck thickness coupled with a cast aluminum frame for spindle/engine/transmission mounting.

The 30 TimeMaster is an exceptional product with Toros renowned durability and performance.

ralph02813
02-02-2012, 12:45 PM
We are excited with the launch of the new 30 TimeMaster. Wed like to answer some questions posed by this thread:

- 30 TimeMaster is a consumer grade product 3 year B2B warranty. 45 day commercial. Two models BSS (blade stop) and BSS/ES. 132 and 138 pounds unit weight respectively.

- Briggs Pro 8.75 gross torque engine for the two models (ES has on-board charging) all performance testing has been successful using this engine even in lush and hilly conditions

- Recycling quality of cut is on par with our Super Recycler product. The after-cut appearance is extremely flat. Bagging and side discharge is superior to anything in our walk behind product family. Overall significant gains in efficiency compared to a 21 WPM.

- Timed deck system is heavily engineered to withstand stumps/etc. Two fixed idler pulleys with a leaf spring on one idler pulley to maintain tension and alignment. Blade driver is designed to shear to prevent damage to the spindles/timing system. Testing other competitive timed blade systems proved our durability far exceeded products on the market today.

- Personal Pace system is coupled with a cone clutch, internal differential, oil filled aluminum housing transmission (non-rocking; no belt slipping). Evaluation of the cone clutch system at the completion of our extended lab and field durability testing found little wear. This transmission is very solid. Blue Traction Assist lever aids the maneuverability and hill climbing.

- Other high durability aspects of design include precision ball bearings in wheels and drive train, metal wheel gears, and an increased cutting chamber deck thickness coupled with a cast aluminum frame for spindle/engine/transmission mounting.

The 30 TimeMaster is an exceptional product with Toros renowned durability and performance.

Thanks so much for the update!

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
02-02-2012, 09:49 PM

Thank you very much for the update The Toro Company!
can't wait to see it at my dealer soon when he gets it :)

Exact Rototilling
02-02-2012, 09:55 PM
This is actually one of the best Co responses I've ever seen on lawnsite.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exact Rototilling
02-02-2012, 10:14 PM
.....snip...... Bagging and side discharge is superior to anything in our walk behind product family. Overall significant gains in efficiency compared to a 21 WPM.

....snip....."

Toro made a HI- VAC commercial bagger 21 mower a few years ago.

So the 30 Time cutter a better bagger and side discharge mower over any other 21 commercial or home owner model.

Does this also apply to the commercial Walk behind Turbo Force decks?

sjessen
02-02-2012, 10:45 PM
Pretty sure I will be getting one of these mowers, but not the first one!! Will wait until later in the season to see what, if any, bugs need to be worked out.

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
02-02-2012, 11:20 PM
Pretty sure I will be getting one of these mowers, but not the first one!! Will wait until later in the season to see what, if any, bugs need to be worked out.

Prolly what I will do too.
Or just buy one next year (2013):cool2:

sildoc
02-02-2012, 11:49 PM
This is intriguing as I have lost a 36 due to a blown engine. I have been contemplating either 1 replacing engine at 1000.00 or buying another bravo 25 or 2 replacing the 36 with this machine. All mowing is flat and just trying to buy time to either rebuild the kai engine on the 36 or replacing it. would go great as a mow and go mower if it can last a min of 2 years!!!

Richard Martin
02-03-2012, 12:12 AM
I'm still not convinced that a 6HP engine is even close enough. I have a 6 HP Honda on a 21" mower and it has trouble sometimes.

Wecutgrass
02-03-2012, 12:37 AM
i think they should use the brigs from the 28" snapper ride ons and put it on this machine, what is it? a 10?

Exact Rototilling
02-03-2012, 12:40 AM
I'm very curious how the Toro 30 will compare to my yBravo 25 and my Quickie Dually 32.

Time will tell :)

The personal pace drive system would be brutally easy for a new.hire to run
Posted via Mobile Device

mowerbrad
02-03-2012, 12:52 AM
I still love the idea of a 30" "push mower". I think it fills a great niche in the market. I find myself "dreading" using the 21" mower just because it takes so long, but is the only mower I have that fits through small gates. I have a couple gates and backyard accesses that wouldn't fit a 32" commercial mower, they would most certainly fit a 30" mower, especially in the design of a 21".

I think the response from The Toro Company is very beneficial to this thread and will help many people understand the new 30" timemaster even better. However, I would like to see a thorough review from an actual user that has no affiliation to Toro.

Naturally a company is not going to bash their own product, especially to the point where people will no longer purchase that product. Its definatly typical for a company to compare and contrast their own products, but not bash them. So I would like to see some mechanically inclined person get a hold of one of these mower, inspect it thoroughly, test it in a variety of real world conditions and report on it throughout the life of the mower.

Overall, I still think this product will find a good place in the market and I would like to see Toro come out with a commercial model to expand into our market and not just the residential (even though this could be used for doing a few lawns each week).

Good response by The Toro Company though!!!

PremierT&L
02-03-2012, 01:05 AM

Thanks very much for this post. Will these machines hold up to daily commercial use if they are not abused? Will there be a commercial version available soon? These machines could be a great fit for what we do. Thanks.

lawnkingforever
02-03-2012, 04:23 AM
I'm still not convinced that a 6HP engine is even close enough. I have a 6 HP Honda on a 21" mower and it has trouble sometimes.

Very true. I have a 33" craftsman with a 10 1/2 HP briggs which goes on the trailer once a week for a few large gated back yards. It cuts decent if you are side discharging, but will bog down occasionally while mulching. That mower is way underpowered. Good info from the Toro company on this thread. With that being said, if it sounds to good to be true...... I remember last year when I bought my Grandstand and watched the demo dvd on it. The dvd touted the wb capability when in reality the gs is useless in wb mode.
Posted via Mobile Device

jiggz
02-03-2012, 05:02 AM
This mower is for a$$holes!!..It is nothing more then a marketing gimmick twords a targeted audience... A$$HOLES!!!

there is a reason most 21 inch mowers come with engines in the 6hp range

And most 32 inch mowers come with 15-17hp engines

people who buy this mower also build kit cars on Fiero chassis

ralph02813
02-03-2012, 07:57 AM
[QUOTE=mowerbrad;4296151]I still love the idea of a 30" "push mower". I think it fills a great niche in the market. I find myself "dreading" using the 21" mower just because it takes so long, but is the only mower I have that fits through small gates.

When I was looking to move up from a 21 I couldn't believe that the only alternative was the 26 exmark twice the price of a commercial more when only a gain of 25% efficiency. This toro is basically the same price as a reg 21 at the same price with 70% gain in efficency, if you get two years out of it you have an extra $900.00 in you pocket.

Exact Rototilling
02-03-2012, 02:50 PM
When I was looking to move up from a 21 I couldn't believe that the only alternative was the 26 exmark twice the price of a commercial more when only a gain of 25% efficiency. This toro is basically the same price as a reg 21 at the same price with 70% gain in efficency, if you get two years out of it you have an extra $900.00 in you pocket.

There is the Ybravo 25. I'm not aware of any lawnsite members who have used both the Exmark 26 and Ybravo 25 and then.said they prefer.the exmark 26.

Getting too wide of a deck is an issue on grassy swells and uneven terrain
Posted via Mobile Device

FlemingIslandLawnService
02-03-2012, 07:27 PM

A 30" mower is exactly 30% larger than a 21" mower. Not 70% larger. Now the 30" mower may yield more than a 30% increase in productivity over a 21" mower, but only if it is faster than the 21". I can tell you that you would have to be sprinting with the 30" mower in order for the 30" mower to be anywhere near 70% more efficient than a 21". Your math is also off a little on the 21" to 26" comparison. A 26" mower is only 20% larger than a 21". Not 25% larger.

larryinalabama
02-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Can you get a sulkey for the thing?

sildoc
02-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Can you get a sulkey for the thing?

I would say not. i know it wouldn't pull my fat ass around with out trenching. That is why the commercial Walks have wide tires in the back. this one doesn't.

sildoc
02-03-2012, 08:43 PM
There is the Ybravo 25. I'm not aware of any lawnsite members who have used both the Exmark 26 and Ybravo 25 and then.said they prefer.the exmark 26.

Getting too wide of a deck is an issue on grassy swells and uneven terrain
Posted via Mobile Device

I can't say the 26 isn't a good mower. The advantage the Bravo has for it is the price of parts when things start breaking. The cut quality is good on the exmark as well with the bravo. The bravo does cut better when it is wet out. We still have 2 exmarks running and 2 bravos. Can't justify getting rid of the exmarks quite yet. The Bravos have been less trouble from the start compared to the exmark but now we know the exmarks quirks we can change the belts that break pretty quick in the field.

Richard Martin
02-04-2012, 04:21 AM
A 30" mower is exactly 30% larger than a 21" mower. Not 70% larger. Now the 30" mower may yield more than a 30% increase in productivity over a 21" mower, but only if it is faster than the 21". I can tell you that you would have to be sprinting with the 30" mower in order for the 30" mower to be anywhere near 70% more efficient than a 21". Your math is also off a little on the 21" to 26" comparison. A 26" mower is only 20% larger than a 21". Not 25% larger.

You both use strange math.

21 X 1.70 = 35.7"

21 X 1.30 = 27.3"

and in regards to the 26" deck

21 X 1.20 = 25.2" (this was real close)

21 X 1.25 = 26.25"

The 30" deck is roughly 43% larger than the 21" and the 26" deck is roughly 19% larger than the 21".

Wecutgrass
02-04-2012, 04:32 AM
I won't be buying on until toro comes to there senses and puts a larger motor on it
Posted via Mobile Device

lawnboy dan
02-04-2012, 09:07 AM
a sulky? on a pos with personal pace? some one really needs to learn about how equiptment works before asking a question like that. personal pace cant even self propel its self let alone pull a sulkie. buy a used commercial 32 wb!

ralph02813
02-04-2012, 02:26 PM

This is exactly what is wrong with the mark up and margin discussion.

ralph02813
02-04-2012, 02:51 PM
You both use strange math.

21 X 1.70 = 35.7"

21 X 1.30 = 27.3"

and in regards to the 26" deck

21 X 1.20 = 25.2" (this was real close)

21 X 1.25 = 26.25"

The 30" deck is roughly 43% larger than the 21" and the 26" deck is roughly 19% larger than the 21".

Richard, I think you are right. A 30" mower is only 42% larger than a 21. As the 9 inches is 42% of 21. So the productivity should be based on that.

larryinalabama
02-04-2012, 10:17 PM
a sulky? on a pos with personal pace? some one really needs to learn about how equiptment works before asking a question like that. personal pace cant even self propel its self let alone pull a sulkie. buy a used commercial 32 wb!

It was actually sort of a joke that you didnt get,,,,so sorry for the inconvenience.

RGM
02-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Yesterday I did get to walk behind a the Time-master 30" in the parking lot at a show. It was the annual spring power show for Home Depot got to see a few new things. First The Time-master pulled me across the lot plenty of power form the engine on this unit. I might have to start another thread for this but ran a Echo battery String trimmer also very cool.

greydog4u2
02-25-2012, 09:22 PM

Most warrenties on any homeowner equimpent is only 45 days for commercial use.

greydog4u2
02-25-2012, 09:30 PM

Thinking the same my toro personal pace 22" has the same motor

greydog4u2
02-25-2012, 09:42 PM

Like my toro p/c. but will you`re time master hold up under commercial use?

saw man
02-26-2012, 12:37 AM
Like my toro p/c. but will you`re time master hold up under commercial use?

If you read the post you will see he says "30 TimeMaster is a consumer grade product"

Holding up under "commercial use" all depends on the person using it! I have seen guys trash "commercial" mowers in 1 year & others that have them for 10+ years.

stephen424
02-26-2012, 01:13 AM
I own this mower, but only use it on my lawn. Its not a commercial mower, therefore it won't hold up to commercial use. Its not for 5 yards a day, 5 days a week. Its more for 2 hours a week, imo.

It won't replace your 36" WB, but can replace your 21s or 22s....for cutting islands or small backyards.

Guys just starting out want to jump on this mower because its only a grand, 1/3 the cost of a commercial grade WB. But its not made for that so beware
Posted via Mobile Device

samsaira
03-03-2012, 01:52 PM

When are you guys coming out with a "commercial grade" model. Nice idea about the "residential grade" model, but commercial guys who will use it and say that it doesnt work very well because the engine blew with give toro a bad wrap. Sure, they should have done their homework, but I believe Toro should have come out with the commercial grade model at the same time.

Valk
03-03-2012, 02:27 PM
This quoted post from Toro didn't mention anything about metal gears in the PP tranny. Is this a fact, or fiction? It does say 'metal wheel gears'...

Would also like to know if the PP trannies are the same in the Super Recycler 21 and Recycler 22...and if so, it this the same PP tranny in the 30?

As stated before, I hope this is a winner. Time will of course tell.
(A 45 day commercial warranty? Uh-oh.)

instyle
03-08-2012, 08:28 PM
A 21" mower making 4 passes (1 there and back) will cut 78" (21 + 19 + 19 + 19).
A 30" mower making 4 passes (1 there and back) will cut 114" (30 + 28 + 28 + 28)

Now, it would take the 21" mower 6 passes to equal 116" compared to the 30" - 4 passes

Assuming each pass takes the mower 1 minute....it takes 6 minutes to cut 116" on the 21", and 4 minutes to cut 114", and a lot of less walking. That is damn near 50% time savings!

In our area.....EVERYONE runs 21" mowers or a 48" ZTR. Nobody has walkbehinds. We must bag our grass.

instyle
03-08-2012, 08:31 PM
You can change out the trans in less than half an hour, and they will be around $100. Your other option is buy a 21" and maybe not change the trans ever.....but work 40% longer every day. Ill invest a half hour every month to save 15.

sjessen
03-08-2012, 08:53 PM
You can change out the trans in less than half an hour, and they will be around $100. Your other option is buy a 21" and maybe not change the trans ever.....but work 40% longer every day. Ill invest a half hour every month to save 15.

Bingo!! Even if this unit is not commercial grade the time savings should more than make up for any additional maintenance cost. Using the above example at just $40 per hour = $600 in extra productivity.

petscanning
03-09-2012, 12:21 AM
I guess the only thing that bothers me is the price. Do you think it should be 3 times more than their 21 model. I still want it but it seems high.

torotorotoro
03-09-2012, 03:31 AM
No I got it right, you read it backwards and upside down, read it again: Originally Posted by ralph02813

What I was saying was how happy is your dealer going to be when he has to do warranty work on your home depot machine:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

buy it from a honest dealer and you get it a 45 day warrenty. buy it from anywhere they dont know you and you get the full warrenty. they will ship it out dummy.your dealer is not going to see the thing. it will go back to the distributer. you will have to wait longer but it will be free.

RocketLab
03-09-2012, 10:51 AM
If the Personal Pace is the same design as the 22" then plan on replacing transmissions. It is not a very well sealed unit so if you get in a lot of dusty conditions it will gum up the grease inside. Have replaced 2 trannys on our 22" in 4 years although at $60-$70 it's not terribly expensive.

Mlawonn
03-09-2012, 10:58 AM
A 21" mower making 4 passes (1 there and back) will cut 78" (21 + 19 + 19 + 19).
A 30" mower making 4 passes (1 there and back) will cut 114" (30 + 28 + 28 + 28)

Now, it would take the 21" mower 6 passes to equal 116" compared to the 30" - 4 passes

Assuming each pass takes the mower 1 minute....it takes 6 minutes to cut 116" on the 21", and 4 minutes to cut 114", and a lot of less walking. That is damn near 50% time savings!

In our area.....EVERYONE runs 21" mowers or a 48" ZTR. Nobody has walkbehinds. We must bag our grass.

Lots of people have "walked away" from the idea of walkbehinds...sad really

instyle
03-09-2012, 11:07 AM
Well I have a Lesco 48" wb, and a walker 36" wb, and I really use neither. I without bagger systems they are very limited in this area. I have an accelerator catcher, and it works the way it was designed....but it adds 20" to the overall width of the machine. This is why I am so pumped about a 30" rear bagger.

Yokalow
11-07-2014, 12:36 PM
The manual show 3 different engines 1 is a vanguard with oil filter home depots all have local repair centers that are factor cetified shops. They send out and receive equipment for repairs 2 times a week.

I know this is an old post, but do you have a link to that manual that shows the Vanguard as an option? I'd like to repower mine to a larger motor.