PDA

View Full Version : iPad in truck

TTM42
01-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Got another question that I have asked before and was wondering if anyone could help me out because nothing I have tried has worked. But is there any way to keep an iPad from overheating while it stays in the truck all day in the summertime? I have tried to put it in a cooler in the inside of the truck and Ive looked all over the internet and haven't found anything that would make it not overheat because if anyone has an iPad they know when it overheats it wont do anything at all, it won't even turn on. So if anyone has any ideas or any tricks they use to make an iPad usable in the summertime I would appreciate it.

Valk
01-26-2012, 06:08 PM
I can't answer your question, but I've never had any issues with my iPhone in my truck for nearly 2 years now. I do try to keep it in the shade...but it is constantly plugged into my charger which doubles as my iPhone/iPod/recharger cable for providing music through my truck stereo system.

willowick
01-26-2012, 06:37 PM
It's a known issue with them. Anything other than a fan runs the risk of condensation, so a portable fan and shade are probably your best bets. That or go back to a notepad and pencil?

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
01-27-2012, 09:18 AM
Try thermal bag
You know the one with the shiney silver inside
Just a suggestion!
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower
01-27-2012, 09:35 AM
I'm jumping on Willowicks idea. Buy a cheap fan at Pep Boys or some other auto parts store and have moving air hit all day. It's a cheap idea to try.

Landrus2
01-27-2012, 10:47 AM
I put mine behind the seat by air vent no problem there :waving:

maelawncare
01-29-2012, 09:31 AM
I had mine in the truck all summer. Just keep it out of direct sun and it will be fine. Might also roll down the windows if you aren't going to be in it for a while.

soloscaperman
01-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Sell the Ipad.

ironchef66
01-29-2012, 04:34 PM
I put mine in its case, which is a heavy duty water resistant case and then i wrap it in a damp t shirt or rag and stick in my glovebox.

siclmn
01-29-2012, 05:43 PM
If it's hot out the inside of your truck is going to be 100 degrees or more when parked in the sun so what difference will a fan or wet rag or anything be doing to help? Hot is hot.
If you are really worried I would get a dedicated cooler with cold packs or ice and call it my Ipad cooler.
For myself I just own a flip phone for communicating with people. It lives in my pocket.

maelawncare
01-29-2012, 05:51 PM
I dont see how you are having problems with your ipad in the heat? Is it the humidity and not the heat?

It was above 100degrees about 8 days this year and my ipad did just fine. Used it at every stop.

phillie
01-29-2012, 06:01 PM
Im sure you could get a portable fridge that plugs into the cig lighter, that way you can keep lunch and drinks in there also. I am adding an Ipad to my situation this year, so I am sure this is going to be something I have to deal with as it comes.

MLI
01-30-2012, 06:02 AM
.....can you use Quick Books on a ipad?

Valk
01-30-2012, 01:27 PM
Not sure about iPads, but iPhones have several moisture sensors that will change color if they get 'wet enough'...thus voiding a current warranty should you need to bring it in for any given issue. I've heard of folks tripping these sensors just by having it in a steamy bathroom.

By physically cooling a device you would be inviting condensation if you're in a humid climate...and possibly voiding your warranty.

Keep it out of the sun is my best advice.