PDA

View Full Version : Homemade Back Pack Blower Rack

POWER STROKE
01-26-2012, 07:08 PM
I am about to start fabricating my own blower racks, I was wanting to get some pictures and close-ups of yours especially homeade ones as i am trying to decide on the disign for my racks. I did a search on here and came up with nothing. I was wondering the guys that built their own, If you wouldn't mine sharing any pics.

Thanks in advance

gibbonsballer10
01-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Enclosed or open trailer? For my enclosed I just put some hooks over the inside walls and hand my blowers from them. Cost less than $10. Ill post some pics tomorrow.

POWER STROKE
01-26-2012, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the reply. It's for an open trailer

Exact Rototilling
01-26-2012, 11:54 PM
Enclosed or open trailer? For my enclosed I just put some hooks over the inside walls and hand my blowers from them. Cost less than $10. Ill post some pics tomorrow.

Please post anyhow...I have an enclosed.
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower
01-27-2012, 10:28 AM
Powerstroke, have you considered the Green Touch rack? Not to buy but to build off of as a home made rack.

lawn care St. Cloud, MN
01-27-2012, 01:50 PM
I agree with the greentouch rack..Purchase a greentouch rack and you will spend a lot less time fabricating one and they work really well.

LawnXperts lawn care St. Cloud, MN

http://www.saintcloudlawncare.com

orangemower
01-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Not to take away a sale for Green Touch (they are top of the line) but a lot of guys that do their own repairs use the winter months to do the repairs, rebuilds and actually fabricate things. I know I'm one to break out the welder and torches and make stuff. :) Going out and buying one is too easy. :D I was going to make one myself but figured it was a waste of time since I had the room on the trailer floor to just set it down and strap it to the floor. A couple "D" rings screwed in place, a strap and that's it. In some cases I don't even use a BP blower but lean toward the lighter handheld blower for daily use.

gibbonsballer10
01-27-2012, 02:53 PM
Here are some pics of my homemade "rack" in my enclosed. The hooks cost about $3 at the most at home depot or walmart. Cheap, simple, and it works.

Landscape Poet
01-27-2012, 07:17 PM
When all is said and done it is hard to beat the value of these BP racks IMHO. By the time you try to design and fabricate your own, material and of course your time - you end up paying more and in most cases you do not have as a superior product as these that actually product your equipment from moving during transport and of course protects it from others.

http://www.trailerracks.com/XG108.html

http://www.trailerracks.com/BA031.html

gibbonsballer10
01-27-2012, 07:23 PM
$150 for a rack to hang a blower is very expensive if you ask me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landscape Poet
01-27-2012, 07:26 PM
$150 for a rack to hang a blower is very expensive if you ask me.
Posted via Mobile Device

That is for the new design which is SWEET look at the one below it on my links.....and you think that is expensive...but if you charge $65 a hour for your time and spend two hour times getting and making your own rack....how much did your homemade rack cost? Not to mention when your $500 backpack blower gets stolen off your homemade rack you will soon figure out that the guy on lawnsite had it right when he said it was affordable. Don't listen to me....that is fine.....just remember me when you are replacing your BP blower. :laugh:

ed2hess
01-27-2012, 07:49 PM
You might want to take a look at E Track....all the professional built closed trailer have those. Then it is very easy to make all the little devices for trimmers and blowers to hold them.

gibbonsballer10
01-27-2012, 08:28 PM
That is for the new design which is SWEET look at the one below it on my links.....and you think that is expensive...but if you charge $65 a hour for your time and spend two hour times getting and making your own rack....how much did your homemade rack cost? Not to mention when your $500 backpack blower gets stolen off your homemade rack you will soon figure out that the guy on lawnsite had it right when he said it was affordable. Don't listen to me....that is fine.....just remember me when you are replacing your BP blower. :laugh:

its in an enclosed so not going to have much problems with stolen equipment, and if your not busy and doing nothing over the winter than theres plenty of free time to design your own racks and save a couple hundred bucks.
Posted via Mobile Device

themaintenanceman
01-27-2012, 09:57 PM
orangemower is right. must be a pa thing. $80 0.00 truck $300.00 bed $50.00 in welding rods, grinding wheels and beer. all this equals light duty dump truck. keep the creative juices flowing. I build everything and have NO overhead !!!!

themaintenanceman
01-27-2012, 10:06 PM
I would love to see some creative ideas because i would love to build my own as well. I have both enclosed and open and would love to bounce ideas with others.

Landscape Poet
01-27-2012, 11:57 PM
its in an enclosed so not going to have much problems with stolen equipment[/i][/size]
Really, so people do not go into enclosed trailers and steal there stuff while the ramp is down.....good to know I will start informing everyone down here with enclosed they know longer need to worry about their gear as thieves do not steal from them, only open trailers:hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead:

Landscape Poet
01-27-2012, 11:58 PM
I build everything and have NO overhead !!!! This phrase right here tells me everything I need to know how to value your input!:hammerhead::hammerhead::dizzy::hammerhead:

themaintenanceman
01-28-2012, 12:26 PM
Wow !!! Rico here shows how profesional his company is........ members of this site have been so helpfull and profesional. what a great tool sean has created.
then there is people like michael.... I can profile you as one of those people that has to put everyone around him down to make himself look good.
why would you post a negative comment about someone you know nothing about ? I have a couple subs that have the same attitude. They act like the customer owes them something. needless to say Carma is a B1tch !!! Ill pray for you YOU NEED IT

tyslawnservice
02-11-2012, 07:35 PM
hey i have a open and a enclosed set up right now. i would really like to see every one else's home made set ups trimmer racks/blower racks. like most company's right now we have a lot of down time and lots of time to make stuff... if you don't believe me just take a look at my link below for my isuzu box truck(work in progress). i to have no over head and build every thing i can. so lets get some pics go'n!

POWER STROKE
02-21-2012, 11:13 PM
bump bump bump

POWER STROKE
02-21-2012, 11:14 PM
hey i have a open and a enclosed set up right now. i would really like to see every one else's home made set ups trimmer racks/blower racks. like most company's right now we have a lot of down time and lots of time to make stuff... if you don't believe me just take a look at my link below for my isuzu box truck(work in progress). i to have no over head and build every thing i can. so lets get some pics go'n!

bump bump bump

cclllc
03-04-2012, 09:43 PM
I am about to start fabricating my own blower racks, I was wanting to get some pictures and close-ups of yours especially homeade ones as i am trying to decide on the disign for my racks. I did a search on here and came up with nothing. I was wondering the guys that built their own, If you wouldn't mine sharing any pics.

Thanks in advance

I built one like the trimmer trap for like 20.00 and some scrap metal.It can be locked or pinned.It's also made out of alum. so it won't rust.Works great!
I also fabed 2 sets of trailer gate spring assist systems for my 2 trailers.My 6 yr.old grandson can pick it up alone.