PDA

View Full Version : Liquid cool Kohler engine

Landrus2
01-27-2012, 09:23 AM
Any out there have a liquid cool Kohler engine for walker mower 20 to 31 hp :waving:

electric
01-27-2012, 09:23 PM
:)Your cheapest bet would be small engine warehouse. How many hours on the model your re-powering? Also what size model is it a mtl25 or mtl31, you can not interchange those because one has a ECM and the other does not. Both also have different wiring harness as well. Being liquid cooled you must re-power with the same power plant when it comes to liquid cooled on walkers. Air cooled models there are a few that can be interchanged with no problems.:)

Landrus2
01-29-2012, 12:14 PM
:)Your cheapest bet would be small engine warehouse. How many hours on the model your re-powering? Also what size model is it a mtl25 or mtl31, you can not interchange those because one has a ECM and the other does not. Both also have different wiring harness as well. Being liquid cooled you must re-power with the same power plant when it comes to liquid cooled on walkers. Air cooled models there are a few that can be interchanged with no problems.:)

have a 25 hp liquid cool not fuel injected little engine wear house has a 31hp fuel injected engine at a good price I was thinking of swapping my carb and coils to this 31hp engine do you know if I will run into some trouble there

:waving::waving::waving:

electric
01-29-2012, 12:20 PM
have a 25 hp liquid cool not fuel injected little engine wear house has a 31hp fuel injected engine at a good price I was thinking of swapping my carb and coils to this 31hp engine do you know if I will run into some trouble there

:waving::waving::waving:

The word problem would be an understatement. How many hours on your 25hp liquid engine? The amount of work to change
Over the machine would not be worth it. You would need an ECM O2 sensors, a complete wiring harness and other items associated with the Efi model that I will not get into. How many hours on the overall machine and engine, and what year is it? All this I will help you with if I know.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landrus2
02-01-2012, 01:47 PM
The word problem would be an understatement. How many hours on your 25hp liquid engine? The amount of work to change
Over the machine would not be worth it. You would need an ECM O2 sensors, a complete wiring harness and other items associated with the Efi model that I will not get into. How many hours on the overall machine and engine, and what year is it? All this I will help you with if I know.
Posted via Mobile Device

Things I did cut off crank end shaft move over in take manifold with carb from other engine including coils bolt on crank shaft end on fly wheel side now just have to wait for results :waving::waving:

electric
02-01-2012, 09:22 PM
You putting a 31 liquid in a 25 liquid? How many hours on that 25, did you try rebuilding it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Landrus2
02-02-2012, 03:32 PM
You putting a 31 liquid in a 25 liquid? How many hours on that 25, did you try rebuilding it?
Posted via Mobile Device

Iím not putting a 31hp on a 25hp. Iím taking a 31hp and making a 25 hp,
It sounds confusing but its not. the 31hp is the same cc as the 25 hp what makes these engines produce more power is do to the way fuel is delivered to them.
It will cost me more to rebuild donít you agree
:waving::waving:

electric
02-02-2012, 03:43 PM
Iím not putting a 31hp on a 25hp. Iím taking a 31hp and making a 25 hp,
It sounds confusing but its not. the 31hp is the same cc as the 25 hp what makes these engines produce more power is do to the way fuel is delivered to them.
It will cost me more to rebuild donít you agree
:waving::waving:

At least no chance for fault codes:-)How many hours did you end up getting out of it anyways?
Posted via Mobile Device

electric
02-02-2012, 03:45 PM
You are correct it will cost a bunch to rebuild depending on what year it is being some changes were made on the mtl from 06 to now.
Posted via Mobile Device

65t
02-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Without seeing actual model numbers, the 25HP (LH685/690) and the 31HP (LH775) are not the same cc size. The 25HP is 674cc and the 31HP is 747cc. 25HP carb on a 747 is going to be very lean. Also, your ignition timing is going to be different as the 25HP and the 27-28HP (both carb 747, same cc as the 31HP efi) use a different flywheel. The 25hp is several degrees more advanced and you will probably have problems if it is installed on a 747. You need to get a carb 747 (27/28HP) carb and flywheel.

pugs
02-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Without seeing actual model numbers, the 25HP (LH685/690) and the 31HP (LH775) are not the same cc size. The 25HP is 674cc and the 31HP is 747cc. 25HP carb on a 747 is going to be very lean. Also, your ignition timing is going to be different as the 25HP and the 27-28HP (both carb 747, same cc as the 31HP efi) use a different flywheel. The 25hp is several degrees more advanced and you will probably have problems if it is installed on a 747. You need to get a carb 747 (27/28HP) carb and flywheel.

First, I wish him luck if the EPA finds out about this.

Second I dont think its going to run at all. The 31 EFI uses battery ignition coils fired by the ECM and a pickup that picks up the 60-2 teeth that are molded into the special EFI flywheel. I am not even sure if the EFI flywheel has a magnet on the outside of it that would fire a coil. I really want to say it does not but I have not seen one in a while to be sure.

Honestly you would be much better off wiring up the EFI engine properly and using it. It takes about 5 wires to run the engine. The ECM and Relays and everything are mounted on the engine. I setup a test stand for running them and it was really pretty simple. We used to have a company down the street using them in Carpet cleaning equipment that they produced and we would work on new engines if they had issues for them.

Landrus2
02-11-2012, 02:24 PM
First, I wish him luck if the EPA finds out about this.

Second I dont think its going to run at all. The 31 EFI uses battery ignition coils fired by the ECM and a pickup that picks up the 60-2 teeth that are molded into the special EFI flywheel. I am not even sure if the EFI flywheel has a magnet on the outside of it that would fire a coil. I really want to say it does not but I have not seen one in a while to be sure.

Honestly you would be much better off wiring up the EFI engine properly and using it. It takes about 5 wires to run the engine. The ECM and Relays and everything are mounted on the engine. I setup a test stand for running them and it was really pretty simple. We used to have a company down the street using them in Carpet cleaning equipment that they produced and we would work on new engines if they had issues for them.

Or you forgetting there is no high fuel pressure on this model:waving:

CircleC
02-13-2012, 12:22 PM
How many hours did you get of the liquid cooled 25hp....
Posted via Mobile Device

electric
02-13-2012, 01:04 PM
I tried asking him too? Who knows?
Posted via Mobile Device

CircleC
02-13-2012, 01:07 PM
Awesome! I have an mtl25, has 2100 hrs. Hoping I can get atleast another 2k out of it before rebuild. I figure change the oil regularly and do maintenance on it as you should and it will be good to me...
Posted via Mobile Device

electric
02-13-2012, 01:12 PM
According to walker with liquid cooled gasser "increased engine life and quiet operation" is what is supposed to happen. I am certain with improper maintenance you will not have the "increased engine life".
Posted via Mobile Device

Landrus2
03-12-2012, 09:08 PM
How many hours did you get of the liquid cooled 25hp....
Posted via Mobile Device

Got 4800 hours out of it Mobil 1. Oil. Change at every 100 hours :weightlifter: