01-27-2012, 11:48 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=xkk7DX0l95A&Lid=12

Landrus2
01-27-2012, 11:57 AM
It sure looks like it needs lots of salt

billslawn89
01-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Amen to that!

Been through all that stuff when I lived up north. Don't miss it one bit, especially pushing it and putting down salt.

Landscape Poet
01-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Not missing that stuff at all - not to mention the power being out because of ice build up taking out a power line...so you are trapped at home without the everyday luxury items we are used to like TV and of course heat/ac. Speaking of heat - don't miss those heating bills especially on those days you get so cold outside, no matter how high you crank it, you just can not get warm.

GreenT
01-27-2012, 04:50 PM

NYC, 1984, Gun Hill Road..... took a three block slide bouncing off several parked cars and ended up against a light pole.

Total insurance bill = $14,000

Company car. :)

Ric
01-27-2012, 07:26 PM

NYC, 1984, Gun Hill Road..... took a three block slide bouncing off several parked cars and ended up against a light pole.

Total insurance bill = $14,000

Company car. :)

Green T

It doesn't take a PhD in Physics to understand ice is slick and you can't drive like your in Nascar.

GreenT
01-27-2012, 09:12 PM

Agreed. Specially considering I was doing 3mph at the time. :dizzy:

I have talked to some PhDs, and in their opinion, they believe I was the victim of prejudicial gravity forces once I became upon the slight but long downhill in front of me.

To this day, I remain completely befuddled as to what exactly happened and why.... no clue whatsoever.... but then again, I do not have a PhD. :rolleyes:

stickleylawncare
01-27-2012, 09:13 PM
Just got back from dinner out... seated outside wearing shorts and a tshirt. Hard to beat that kind of 'winter' weather.

Landscape Poet
01-28-2012, 12:09 AM
Green T

It doesn't take a PhD in Physics to understand ice is slick and you can't drive like your in Nascar.

Ric, I have to have T's back on this one. In the north on the Ice at times you do not even have to accelerate - gravity does all the damage for you. However down here I have seen how our locals drive in Rain....score for worst drivers FL 1 northerners 0 .

greendoctor
01-28-2012, 02:14 AM
How do they drive in the rain? I can always tell a local vs someone from the continent when it rains. A local slows down, someone from the continent drives as though they have AWD and it is a dry road. In other words, 10 MPH over the speed limit and too close to the car in front of them.

jvanvliet
01-28-2012, 08:01 AM
How do they drive in the rain? I can always tell a local vs someone from the continent when it rains. A local slows down, someone from the continent drives as though they have AWD and it is a dry road. In other words, 10 MPH over the speed limit and too close to the car in front of them.

That's how they drive in the rain here with the exception that they like to tail gate too and weave in and out of traffic. Speed limit 70, actual speed 95-110mph.

Instant S. Florida a$$hole drivers; just add rain ;)

CHARLES CUE
01-28-2012, 08:21 AM
MAN ICE SUCKS !

BUT LOVE THAT SNOW

I HATE HOT HUMID WEATHER

Charles Cue

Landscape Poet
01-28-2012, 09:01 AM
That's how they drive in the rain here with the exception that they like to tail gate too and weave in and out of traffic. Speed limit 70, actual speed 95-110mph.

That's about right, add in a few of them doing all that above while texting and you have your perfect raining day accident waiting to happen here.

Ric
01-28-2012, 10:14 AM
Ric, I have to have T's back on this one. In the north on the Ice at times you do not even have to accelerate - gravity does all the damage for you. However down here I have seen how our locals drive in Rain....score for worst drivers FL 1 northerners 0 .

Mikey

Green T was born and raised in Iceland so he should have no excuses for losing control of his Car on Ice. Yes I lived in the North so I have driven on Ice.

Jvan

LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT. I 95 goes North, I suggest you take it if you don't like Florida.

GreenT
01-28-2012, 11:14 AM
Mikey

Green T was born and raised in Iceland so he should have no excuses for losing control of his Car on Ice.

:rolleyes:

I love it when a gag works. :)

jvanvliet
01-28-2012, 12:13 PM
Mikey

Green T was born and raised in Iceland so he should have no excuses for losing control of his Car on Ice. Yes I lived in the North so I have driven on Ice.

Jvan

LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT. I 95 goes North, I suggest you take it if you don't like Florida.

Hey Ric, give it a rest :waving:

fl-landscapes
02-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Old thread but I just stumbled on it. Biggest problem I had with winter driving was "black ice" when the roads are clear. Crap forms for whatever reason often on or below bridges with no warning. Cousin and I were heading somewhere when we came upon a bridge with cars stacked up, hit the brakes and we just slid for about 400 feet, once we crashed it literally turned into a seen from the old show "chips", about thirty or so more cars crashed in behind us.......what a mess! He was driving, but not much he could have done.