PDA

View Full Version : How do you stop unwanted calls???

PLS-Tx
01-27-2012, 12:07 PM
Several years ago we ported our bus. line to a cell. This has worked out great, I carry the cell phone with me during the day. I no longer need to wait until the end of the day to check msg and return calls.

Problem is phone solicitors. :cry::cry::dizzy::dizzy:

I get several a day now.

Does anyone know how to stop them or at least slow them down???

Thanks

CLARK LAWN
01-27-2012, 12:17 PM
only thing i have found is if it is a repeat number i block it. its getting real annoying though, isn't it?

Dr.NewEarth
01-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Answer, and tell them to take you off their list or you will report them. Or tell them, you only do business with people phoning from your own country. In Canada we have a no call list. If you're on it and a solicitor calls you any-ways, they can get fined. Or, the originating business they are calling for will get fined as the business is usually in my country when I get a call like that.

Usually when you answer, it takes a couple seconds for the operator to come on the line. If I hear dead air, I hang up. The phone number is usually a giveaway too. Question: Why would that area code be calling me for business. (click)

If you listen to the background you can hear twenty other people in an outsourced call centre in India or Indonesia all doing their hard sell on people all over the world. I don't agree with outsourcing. There are so many people here who could use the jobs.

Exact Rototilling
01-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Several years ago we ported our bus. line to a cell. This has worked out great, I carry the cell phone with me during the day. I no longer need to wait until the end of the day to check msg and return calls.

Problem is phone solicitors. :cry::cry::dizzy::dizzy:

I get several a day now.

Does anyone know how to stop them or at least slow them down???

Thanks

I did the same thing. I ported my vanity hardline number to a cell and that forwards to my other cell.

If I see an out of area code caller 8 out of 10 times it's a solicitor. I will answer a few of these just to confirm it is one. I add them to my contacts under "spam" and set the option of send directly to voice mail when they call back. Also I have white pages caller ID on my phone and I can often see that it is another telemarketer. I then pull up that application select add to contacts and then set to direct voice mail.

MarkintheGarden
01-27-2012, 06:18 PM
In Missouri there is a no call list, you have your name put on that list and they cannot call it.
See if you have a no call list in your state.

PLS-Tx
01-28-2012, 01:58 AM
I found this.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

XYZLawnPros
02-01-2012, 02:42 PM
It is much more exciting to let the corporation calling you
hang themselves.

There are rules and laws in place they must follow. Do a little
Google searching and learn the ropes on how to handle these
issues. In the end you may end up getting a nice paycheck
from these horrendous individuals if you have the wherewithal
to follow through. I know I quite enjoy making a couple extra
G's a year from their incompetence.

If you have any other questions PLS-Tx, private message me
and I will point you in the right direction.