PDA

View Full Version : Business Name??

JHill321
01-27-2012, 02:48 PM
:wall So I been searching around online for info on how to name my Lawn Care business. So far everything I have found says you shouldnt use your last name? My last name is "Hill" and I kinda thought "HillSide Lawn Care" would be a good one. My services will only include Mowing, Brush Removal, Sod Removal & Pressure Washing (NOT commercial) Anyone have any imput, ideas or resources that may help? Seems everytime I think up something good I do a search with the state and its taken :wall any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Thanksman
01-27-2012, 03:20 PM
:wall So I been searching around online for info on how to name my Lawn Care business. So far everything I have found says you shouldnt use your last name? My last name is "Hill" and I kinda thought "HillSide Lawn Care" would be a good one. My services will only include Mowing, Brush Removal, Sod Removal & Pressure Washing (NOT commercial) Anyone have any imput, ideas or resources that may help? Seems everytime I think up something good I do a search with the state and its taken :wall any and all help is greatly appreciated. Maybe use your last name in a slogan for a business name. We will climb hills to get your business9(example). but not in your name.
Or the economy is very hilly but your yard does not have to be...etc.etc good luck.

clydebusa
01-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Not sure if it matters. The one thing is if you use you name you won't be sued for using a registered name from someone else.

starry night
01-27-2012, 03:33 PM
I don't know why anyone shouldn't use their own name, at least their last name.
Maybe first names would be somewhat amateurish such as Bill's Landscaping.
(sorry Bill).

If you build a good reputation, what could be better than your last name.
People know you; they know your business.

JHill321
01-27-2012, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the imput guys. I dont think it would hurt either, Just seen ALOT of folks say that I shouldnt. Using my last name will help me come up with a name ALOT easier to. Thanks again. :weightlifter:

ringahding
01-27-2012, 04:40 PM
Works great for us, we continually grow every year and the city knows who we are now. This will be our 10th season using my last name.

How about "Titus Lawn Care" ?...since you're from Titusville?:)

JHill321
01-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Works great for us, we continually grow every year and the city knows who we are now. This will be our 10th season using my last name.

Thats great you guys must be kickin booty out there :weightlifter:

Thats not a bad idea either :drinkup: Im going to put it on my list. Thanks for the idea and imput.

Thanksman
01-27-2012, 04:55 PM

Thats cool, I like it

JHill321
01-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Reminds me of the old TV show "Titus" to haha http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WtElFN74Y4 :gmctruck:

ringahding
01-27-2012, 05:19 PM
I remember that show, dang I'm getting old..haha
At the very least it won't be a name you could forget, right?

biodale
01-27-2012, 05:20 PM
Hill is your last name not "Hillside". By the way, I do use my last name and I kinda wish I would have used another name for the company. I see lots of good names and I wish I had something like that. But people are familiar with my name and I don't think it has hurt anything.

JHill321
01-27-2012, 05:33 PM
I remember that show, dang I'm getting old..haha
At the very least it won't be a name you could forget, right?

Thats forsure.

Landscape Poet
01-27-2012, 07:34 PM
The name of your business is what you make of it. No matter what you end up using the results you offer is what is going to make it a well known sought after name in the business of not. Whoever said not to use your name is silly...ever hear of Villa and Son? How about Brickman? I am betting those guys are glad they did not listen to whoever told you this.

JHill321
01-27-2012, 07:54 PM
Appreciate all the advice and imput.

JHill321
01-28-2012, 11:43 AM
Well..... Ive decided to go with "Titus Lawn Care" Makes alot of sence being that I live in Titusville. Plus I did a search with the state and it seems thats the only name thats not taken, haha. ringahding thanks for the idea.

ringahding
01-28-2012, 01:43 PM
The name of your business is what you make of it. No matter what you end up using the results you offer is what is going to make it a well known sought after name in the business of not. Whoever said not to use your name is silly...ever hear of Villa and Son? How about Brickman? I am betting those guys are glad they did not listen to whoever told you this.

Exactly! Choose name and Promote it, Brand it, Make It YOU!

Titus Lawn Care
01-28-2012, 02:07 PM
TITUS it is, I was doing club promotions and promoting artist not to long ago, So doing the promo work and branding the name shouldnt be to hard, Although it is two diff types of business but I do have some marketing experiance. After I register the business name how would I go about being able to advertise "Licensed & Insured" ??

mkarps
01-28-2012, 07:44 PM
TITUS it is, I was doing club promotions and promoting artist not to long ago, So doing the promo work and branding the name shouldnt be to hard, Although it is two diff types of business but I do have some marketing experiance. After I register the business name how would I go about being able to advertise "Licensed & Insured" ??

Go get licensed, and insured. :laugh:

ringahding
02-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Well..... Ive decided to go with "Titus Lawn Care" Makes alot of sence being that I live in Titusville. Plus I did a search with the state and it seems thats the only name thats not taken, haha. ringahding thanks for the idea.

Glad to help! I think it will serve you well, now get out there BRAND and promote it!

Daily Lawn/Landscape
02-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Been using my last name for 10 yrs now. Works for me!

James

jbell36
02-01-2012, 11:57 PM
how about "IMPUT" lawns, inc.?

haha, just bustin' balls...