PDA

View Full Version : hope this is not a sign of how this year will be

vaacutabove
01-27-2012, 07:19 PM
So far i have bid on three hardscape jobs and two bed installations. And im a big 0 for 5 hope things turn around
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin
01-28-2012, 05:42 AM
I'm hopeing to break out of the ZERO growth slump I've been in. There may be parts of the country where the economy is getting better but it sure isn't here.

vaacutabove
01-28-2012, 06:59 AM
Last year was a great year i added apps. But i know i have had some go into nursing homes and 2 died so will be taking on more mowing for the first time in 2 years
Posted via Mobile Device

Richard Martin
01-28-2012, 07:12 AM
In an attempt to gain more business I did a couple of things last year. I did Google ads. That netted me 1 call. I also changed up from door hangers to flyers and that got me nothing. My new customers (more like replacement customers) all came from word of mouth. My customer count is down but my AGI is the same.

I'm going back to door hangers. I'm going to have A'deas ( a Lawnsite sponsor) make up some door hangers for me and I'll see how it goes. I'm going to partner with another local business here, I'm taking the front and he's going to be on the back, so I can get twice the coverage for the same money. As a strictly mowing/ hedge trimming operation I really don't have enough info to take both sides of the hanger. I like my advertising to be to the point.

Here's the link to the A'Deas website:

http://www.adeasprinting.com/?q=door-hangers-old&gclid=CMr9rsjX8q0CFSleTAod03X_uQ

vaacutabove
01-28-2012, 09:46 AM
I have sat down and started to look at things i have never done any advertising before but looks lime i may have to start
Posted via Mobile Device

TriCityLawnCareLLC
01-28-2012, 09:50 AM
I love using Adeas...

Mikegyver
01-28-2012, 11:53 AM
So far i have bid on three hardscape jobs and two bed installations. And im a big 0 for 5 hope things turn around
Posted via Mobile Device
Yep...its been happening to me. Out of about 4-5 I bid on in the last several months I have 1 bid pending...the rest were no's.
Mike

lawn care St. Cloud, MN
01-28-2012, 06:18 PM
How much do the door hangers run at the adeas website?????

Let me know

LawnXperts (http://www.saintcloudlawncare.com) St. Cloud, MN

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Last year was a great year i added apps. But i know i have had some go into nursing homes and 2 died so will be taking on more mowing for the first time in 2 years
Posted via Mobile Device

When you lose old people to the Home or death, it does hurt cause they are so loyal. I hate losing those types of customers.

Richard Martin
01-28-2012, 08:08 PM
How much do the door hangers run at the adeas website?????

Let me know

It all depends on what you get. Click the link and find out.

TheBetterDoorhanger
02-01-2012, 09:41 PM
It all depends on what you get. Click the link and find out.

Hey guys, thanks for the really kind words! Just want to throw a couple of our specials out there because we have some great deals right now. Get 1,000 Band-It/Stick-It combo door hangers for 119.00 or 2,500 for 219.00. Come visit our site & feel free to give us a call for more info. We'd love to hear from ya!

Robin Christopherson
A'DEAS Printing
Home of Band-It & Stick-It® Products
www.AdeasPrinting.com
robin@adeasprinting.com
(316) 269-2494 ext. 200
(866) 251-3181 fax
719 S. St. Francis
Wichita, KS 67211

ReddensLawnCare
02-01-2012, 10:25 PM
I was so slow from the end of December until about two weeks ago. Then out of no where, I picked up a little work, and with the warm temps, I decided to go talk to a few of my current customers neighbors. I am glad I did! Out of the three i talked to, all three signed on for a squirt and fert program, and one singed a maintenance contract. I also am now backed up for about two weeks with jobs ranging from full landscape installs, pine needle install, lighting work, and a ton a shrub trimming. I am hoping to finish up around Feb. 15, as that is when I start my Pre-Em, and will hopefully gain a few more squirt and ferts. I hope it gets better for you guys who are on tough spots