PDA

View Full Version : Push mower

osmann_lawn
01-27-2012, 07:51 PM
I am looking for a 21' push mower for my lawn care business. What is the best brand for the money? I am looking for something durable & something that will last more than 2 years. Push mower or self propelled?

I am currently looking at:
Honda -HRX217VKA
Honda - HRC216PDA Commercial

Let me know what you guys think!

twobroslawns
01-27-2012, 09:29 PM
I think the HRX is enough for a 21 mower. It has done everything we have asked it too and its almost half the price of a hrc. I plan on getting a lot more than 2 years out of ours. Hope that helps!

osmann_lawn
01-28-2012, 02:15 AM
Yeah that is what i hear. Does it drive nice? I checked out your website looks really nice! I have a few Gravley dealers around me & that is what i want to upgrade to eventually. They are great mowers from what everyone told me! How much did your walk behind cost?

twobroslawns
01-28-2012, 09:11 AM
The Honda is smooth, fast, and pretty easy to handle. We payed $1600 for the gravely, and the only reason we didn't get another brand was because we needed a 32 inch deck, and this was the only one we could find. We actually got it from a guy in Alabama, and we're from Atlanta. It's had it's fair share of problems, and it is currently not operatae because the wheel fell off after we spent $300 on new tires and tune up and a few other things for it, so that makes me really mad. Honestly, I don't know If I'll buy another gravely. I think it really has to do with the dealer support, and our support leaves something to be desired...

Posted via Mobile Device

twobroslawns
01-28-2012, 09:16 AM
But if you have more than one dealer around, I would say go for it! And thanks for checking out the website! I looked at yours also, and it looks nice too!
Posted via Mobile Device

osmann_lawn
01-28-2012, 01:25 PM
Oh wow really? 1600 not bad at all. Did you pay cash for that? Yeah i think i will go with the honda mower i'll get it closer to season with tax money. Did you get the 699 at The Home Depot?

twobroslawns
01-28-2012, 10:55 PM
Yes and yes :)