PDA

View Full Version : 03 Walker 26 EFI surging

CircleC
01-28-2012, 01:44 AM
26 EFI is surging while idling. Didn't really notice while blades where engaged. Is the surging something I need to be concerned about. It may surge just a little while blades are engaged but not noticable. Is there a bigger problem in the future.
Posted via Mobile Device

CircleC
01-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Has anyone seen this problem....
Posted via Mobile Device

piston slapper
01-28-2012, 06:39 PM
Its probably something simple.
Governor arm might have slipped a little
Intake gasket might be leaking.
Could be a partially clogged injector causing a lean condition.
Did you sequence the ignition to check for ECU trouble codes?
Turn switch on and off 3 times quickly and count the blinks on the dash light.
Posted via Mobile Device

Landrus2
01-28-2012, 06:45 PM
how many hours on mower :waving::waving:

CircleC
01-28-2012, 08:00 PM
I will have to check it out for codes, I'm acually looking at buying this mower. Really good shape 785 hours,has regular wear you would expect, has All Seasons Hi Lift. It just has the surging that has me concerned. Guy asking $6800.

Should I be concerned with surging.
Posted via Mobile Device

piston slapper
01-28-2012, 08:24 PM
Yes. I would be concerned.
Walker mowers are labor intensive to get worked on.
Most engine work requires pulling the engine.
There are many things that can make an EFI engine surge, and a lot of them ain't cheap.
I would try to get the guy that owns it to fix it. Before you buy his problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

CircleC
01-29-2012, 12:57 AM
Thanks for the info...I will take another look and possibly get mechanic to take a look if I'm gunna buy. I'm still up in the air...
Posted via Mobile Device

ricky86
01-29-2012, 11:27 AM
I will have to check it out for codes, I'm acually looking at buying this mower. Really good shape 785 hours,has regular wear you would expect, has All Seasons Hi Lift. It just has the surging that has me concerned. Guy asking $6800.

Should I be concerned with surging.
Posted via Mobile Device

I'd walk away. (As Slapper stated)

MR-G
01-29-2012, 11:58 AM
surging is most likely dirt in fuel system....90% of the time....try and get codes then clear and run in open loop (no ecu) if it still surges clean ENTIRE fuel system and try again....good luck.

CircleC
01-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Well.....I guess before I buy I'll take it and get it checked out. Possibly get suging resolved before money changes hands...any other suggestions are welcome
Posted via Mobile Device

VegetiveSteam
02-01-2012, 02:54 PM
First thing I would check is fuel pressure. Should be 39 psi +/- 3 psi. If it's low it could be anything from a bad fuel pump or regulator to crap in the tank or fuel lines. The early units had issues with fuel pumps going bad. If the pressure is low find the fuel return line. For about a second with the engine running and your pressure gauge connected to the engine squeeze the return line almost shut. While doing this watch your gauge. If the pressure immediately spikes very high you have a bad pressure regulator and the pump is ok. If the pressure just goes up a little bit you have a bad fuel pump.

Like others have said also. Check for any blink codes other than 69.

CircleC
02-01-2012, 09:55 PM
Thanks guys for all the info...I didn't buy mower. I bought a 25 hp liquid cooled Walker. Runs like a champ...got a 42 inch deck, snow plow set up, extra blade, and a few extra parts. Now its just gotta get warm!
Posted via Mobile Device