PDA

View Full Version : New website

TTM42
01-28-2012, 08:42 PM
Just got a website put up, was wondering what you guys think of it. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, positive or negative.
thompsonturf.com

smallstripesnc
01-28-2012, 09:06 PM
I'm using WIX as well but have upgraded to remove the ads.

Your site looks nice!

On your "our services" page under grounds "commercial packages" is spelled wrong. You spelled "commercial" wrong.

TTM42
01-28-2012, 09:09 PM
I noticed that earlier today as well, the misspelled word. Thanks for the input, keep them coming please :)

kgflyboy
01-28-2012, 10:43 PM
I think it looks great! Very professional.

mowerbrad
01-28-2012, 10:53 PM
Easy to navigate, easy on the eyes and makes your company look very professional.

Turf Management
01-28-2012, 11:23 PM
I like it. My only recommendation would be to remove the ads.

On a separate note, I noticed you had an incredibly well-written mission statement. Have you read EntreLeadership?

atasteofnature
01-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Looking Good!

TTM42
01-28-2012, 11:57 PM
I cant take credit for the mission statement on the site, our marketing guy came up with that and I dont know whether he read that book or not. I do appreciate the input and the feedback though.

greg8872
01-29-2012, 04:04 AM
Nice looking site, about the only thing I would change visually is to give a little more space between the lines on the paragraphs to help them be easier to read.

BUT, on the technical side, the free version not only has ads, has no SEO value for your site, it is adding for Wix.

So updating to a paid version definitely is worth it. As the second poster mentioned they use the paid version, you can compare the difference. Go to this site, http://www.seo-browser.com and enter their URL (use the "SIMPLE" button) You will see on their site you see information about their site. Now enter yours, There is nothing there but a message about frames and a link to "Enter the site". You click that link, and you end up at the actual URL WIX feeds people, and as you see, to search engines, it is just advertising WIX.

I would check with the second poster to see what level of "premium" account they have to make sure you get the SEO benefits (they list premium accounts get unlimited bandwidth, yet when you check the details, only one type actually gets that, so best to make sure you get the right account to get the SEO benefits.

-Greg

TTM42
01-29-2012, 04:11 AM
Thanks for the heads up :)