PDA

View Full Version : Lawn care software

newton1207
01-29-2012, 11:15 AM
I need help trying to figure out what is a good lawn care software with a gentle price. I found a software called lawn pro and i am wondering if it is the best rout to go. Any help is much appreciated.

FLC2000
01-29-2012, 04:09 PM
try gopher. Its basic and easy on the wallet. Its a good software to start out with. It does scheduling and invoicing. Thats all someone needs to start out with.

newton1207
01-29-2012, 04:36 PM
try gopher. Its basic and easy on the wallet. Its a good software to start out with. It does scheduling and invoicing. Thats all someone needs to start out with.

Thankyou for the help the gopher software it will be.
Posted via Mobile Device

gardenkeeper88
01-29-2012, 11:33 PM
I like QXpress it's better than Gopher. New update coming out in about 6 weeks Gopher has not updated for years. Just for scheduleing "getJobber" is good too.

stockie
02-14-2012, 12:45 AM
Thankyou for the help the gopher software it will be.
Posted via Mobile Device

so how is gopher workin?

grass-scapes
02-14-2012, 06:57 AM
I like QXpress it's better than Gopher. New update coming out in about 6 weeks Gopher has not updated for years. Just for scheduleing "getJobber" is good too.

Where did you hear 6 weeks. I was told they were still taking recommendations on what to improve. They haven't updated in over a year and said it would be quite a while for a new update this year, if at all.

I called and asked.

newton1207
02-14-2012, 08:47 AM
so how is gopher workin?

It's not to bad I was using lawn pro but this is pretty neat for all I need it for thank y'all for the help.
Posted via Mobile Device

grassman177
02-14-2012, 10:02 AM
we were going to check out lawn pro. was hoping to get good reviews on that from you guys.gopher is out of the question, as well as clip and qxpress.

newton1207
02-14-2012, 10:22 AM
we were going to check out lawn pro. was hoping to get good reviews on that from you guys.gopher is out of the question, as well as clip and qxpress.

Honestly u might like it alot it just cost more than I wanted to spend but check out the free version it is pretty neat and user friendly
Posted via Mobile Device

Lefet
02-14-2012, 11:28 AM
As a long time user of Lawn Pro, I'd have to (finally) suggest otherwise. One thing I've noted over the years is anything needs to have good customer support. It's critical without it. We've recently updated to LP4, specifically for the multi computer use and remote access. I've had a few problems and I've had the most difficult time getting someone from LP to give me assistance. I've already begun the hunt for another program. We'll probably continue to suffer through LP for this season, but I'm sure we'll have something different next season. I've heard good things about:

http://www.customizedbusinesssoftware.com/

I'll post more about LP4 later.

grassman177
02-14-2012, 11:34 AM
that is what we want most , the 4 cmps and remote access. support is very imortant, but i think we will be ok most times without much. we are on everything else we use.,like qb

sbvfd592
02-14-2012, 06:36 PM
Im having major issues with LP4 right now and i have submitted 5 tickets have not yet goten a responce

Fritz0
02-14-2012, 06:39 PM
Im having major issues with LP4 right now and i have submitted 5 tickets have not yet goten a responce

Just google lawnpro 4 and you will find out that they have no support.
Posted via Mobile Device

mkarps
02-14-2012, 08:37 PM
Just trying out LP4 I didn't get any answers. Plus wasn't a fan of the layout.

grassman177
02-14-2012, 11:27 PM
man, and i was really looking forward to demoing this. i still will, but this makes it more scary

richardcog
02-15-2012, 01:52 AM
If you ever need help with something from LP forget it they don't help all they want is ur money

Ticolawnllc
02-15-2012, 11:15 AM

I want something to do my scheduling. I have QB for billing. How is gopher for scheduling? How many accounts can it handle and do they keep hitting you up with monthly charges?

I just don't want to pay every month. I feel like they have me by the balls. It takes forever to input information and if i want to switch I would have to start over. I like owning my stuff. That way on one can take it away with higher fees or B.S.

TMlawncare
02-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Where did you hear 6 weeks. I was told they were still taking recommendations on what to improve. They haven't updated in over a year and said it would be quite a while for a new update this year, if at all.

I called and asked.

Well they just got my annual $355 keep it current payment. So now they have working capitol to make an update. What can they fix? There mapping system had never worked well. For they money I spent, it sucks. They still have no real mobile connection to there software. We have told them for the past several years to make it work with an iphone or android. No response. There is several things they could streamline but overall its still one of the best programs I have come across. It just needs a little updating!!!

grass-scapes
02-15-2012, 04:19 PM
Well they just got my annual $355 keep it current payment. So now they have working capitol to make an update. What can they fix? There mapping system had never worked well. For they money I spent, it sucks. They still have no real mobile connection to there software. We have told them for the past several years to make it work with an iphone or android. No response. There is several things they could streamline but overall its still one of the best programs I have come across. It just needs a little updating!!!

The problem with the mapping system is that it is based on Microsoft Mappoint. They (Microsoft) are slow to update. I wish it worked with google maps. I use mobile too. Let me tell you what I just bought to help with that.
There was a logistics company that went out of business and they listed their mobile devices on Craigslist. They wanted a fortune for them. No one bought them. On the last day before they shut their doors, they called me back and made me an offer I couldn't refuse. I bought 5 Psion TEklogix Workabout pros. Made for use in the field. 2 have barcode scanners. All have at least windows mobile 6 pro. I transferred my qx mobile to it. Bluetooth and wifi built in. I might be able to let one go without the barcode if you are interested.

mkarps
02-15-2012, 08:33 PM
I honestly don't why even more people don't give Service Autopilot a go. I don't think anything beats the scheduling they have.

Turfdude
02-15-2012, 08:52 PM
Service autopilot offers a lot. The more you want/need, the more you pay. It is cloud based only, a little concern to me. They do seem to have great customer service though.

grassman177
02-15-2012, 11:14 PM
I want something to do my scheduling. I have QB for billing. How is gopher for scheduling? How many accounts can it handle and do they keep hitting you up with monthly charges?

I just don't want to pay every month. I feel like they have me by the balls. It takes forever to input information and if i want to switch I would have to start over. I like owning my stuff. That way on one can take it away with higher fees or B.S.

dontknow, we dont have actual scheduling software:hammerhead: dont ask!!!

we use QB too for accounting, like so many do.

grassman177
02-15-2012, 11:15 PM
I honestly don't why even more people don't give Service Autopilot a go. I don't think anything beats the scheduling they have.

you know, you are right. what is the cost? we want the ability to put in on up to 4 comps as well, this i know is capable with LP. i only hear good things about service auto pilot though, so........

askarvelis
02-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Gopher is a complete joke. I just bought it and it has no help menus on my computer. Now I had to buy a new computer and I cant back up my files...it wont do it. I spent over 40hrs setting it up and now everything is lost. What a ******* waste of $200 bucks and my valuable time. I guess I will pay my accountant to set up my quickbooks and spend another 250.00 for software. Thanks Gopher!!!

askarvelis
02-16-2012, 08:58 AM
Dont use gopher...no backup and extremely slow support if any

Lefet
02-16-2012, 12:45 PM
I checked out Gopher way back in the beginning and ended up going with LP. Well it's now a few years later and I'm needing a change. I think it really boils down to if you're going to end up being serious about it, you're eventually going to have to spend the money. I appreciate the "entry level" software in the beginning, especially when you don't know what you have a need of. I think next season, we will be looking into billmasternow.
I've heard good things about them. Especially the fact that they can tailor fit it to YOUR needs. It's up there in price with the others but like I said, if you're going to get serious about it, the expenditures going to come one way or another.
Unless you want to use spreadsheets and shoe boxes that is.

http://www.customizedbusinesssoftware.com/Home_Page.php

normanm4
02-17-2012, 02:15 PM
There is a new developing software called lawn aid. You can find it at www.lawnaid.com . I've messed with it a little bit and its off to a decent start, not perfect, nothing is. Service Auto Pilot is seems pricey to me but looks very complete.

stockie
02-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Lawnaids website looked reel nice. I had a question and called the phone number several times with no answer. I sent two or three messages thru their website and almost a week later, still no reply. It looks real nice, but that means noticing when you need support

Fritz0
02-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Lawnaids website looked reel nice. I had a question and called the phone number several times with no answer. I sent two or three messages thru their website and almost a week later, still no reply. It looks real nice, but that means noticing when you need support

Lawnpro and lawnaid are the same company. Don't be sorry if you order this and you have no support. Google Lawnpro and Lawnaid and hopefully you will make the right decision.
Posted via Mobile Device

wildstarblazer
02-17-2012, 08:22 PM
quickbooks simple start is free for 20 customers and then you pay when you need more than 20. Not so expensive for basic. I don't know why anyone really needs scheduling software anyway. I just write down what I did each day on a planner and go back a week or 2 and see who's due again. Why spend all your time inputting data in a software? Then it rains and throws your whole schedule off and etc.. JMO..

P.s. I had lawn pro software years ago and it was not user friendly or helpful, plus I think they put some kind of spyware in as well. My anti virus software would always flag it when I ran it.

grassman177
02-18-2012, 12:46 AM
quickbooks simple start is free for 20 customers and then you pay when you need more than 20. Not so expensive for basic. I don't know why anyone really needs scheduling software anyway. I just write down what I did each day on a planner and go back a week or 2 and see who's due again. Why spend all your time inputting data in a software? Then it rains and throws your whole schedule off and etc.. JMO..

P.s. I had lawn pro software years ago and it was not user friendly or helpful, plus I think they put some kind of spyware in as well. My anti virus software would always flag it when I ran it.

:laugh:i guess you dont have over 400 customers then:hammerhead:

Gecko Lawns
02-18-2012, 01:29 AM
I have been looking at Service Task.com anybody tried these guys. It doesn't look like you can invoice and the bit about deleting all information if you cancel is a bit of a worry. I really want something that takes time into consideration and gives an average time on every job. Not that easy to find. Open to suggestions

zturncutter
02-18-2012, 01:37 AM
Doesn't quickbooks track time for billing purposes ?

Gecko Lawns
02-18-2012, 02:17 AM
Yes for billing purposes only M.Y.O.B does that too but I want something that uses the information to show a start and finish time on a schedule. I always use a set job price not a time based price. I have something i have got an excel file that I have been using for the last ten years. It does that but its a bit labour intensive at times (you have to go in and work with formula's all this time). I have been looking so something similar but written in a more user friendly style.

wildstarblazer
02-18-2012, 09:46 AM
:laugh:i guess you dont have over 400 customers then:hammerhead:

Nope, but if I did I wouldn't be concerned with looking for the cheapest software either...

MJH
02-27-2012, 12:08 AM
Try www.route4me.com If all you need is to better organize your routes, this may be worth it. It is free for up to 10 lawns per route, but only $25/month for up to 50. You can set your schedules in the spring and cancel. Not much $ to check out.

I'm thinking about using www.theserviceprogram.com, but haven't seen any reviews of it here yet.

qualitybh
02-28-2012, 02:20 PM
Does anyone use quickbooks online? Im looking for scheduling software that works with it like Qxpress? They currently dont support it. Any other ideas or suggestions. Thanks.

Hoosier Mower75
02-28-2012, 09:31 PM
We have been using Lawn Aid and love it!

whiffyspark
03-04-2012, 11:33 AM
What do you guys use for credit card merchants on service autopilot?

Ghopper3345
03-04-2012, 07:42 PM
Hello grass scapes I have qxpress. How does the Workabout work. Does it scan off route sheets? Why is it better than using a htc cell phone. It looks like
It would be easier
Posted via Mobile Device

grass-scapes
03-04-2012, 09:21 PM
Hello grass scapes I have qxpress. How does the Workabout work. Does it scan off route sheets? Why is it better than using a htc cell phone. It looks like
It would be easier
Posted via Mobile Device

Its basically just a rugged pocket pc. I haven't figured out the barcode scanning yet. Its supposed to scan into whatever dialog box you have open, but I haven't gotten that to work yet.

Remember, you need qxmobile for it to work anyway. You won't need a route sheet if you use qxmobile. all services are on the mobile device. I use it mostly to keep track of time. The crew will click "start" when they arrive, and "stop" when done. When it syncs back up at the shop, it enters actual service times into qxpress. With that info alone, you can see if you are making money based on how much each employee is costing you, and any other info you have in qxpress.

Ghopper3345
03-04-2012, 09:28 PM
That sounds sweet I'm new to qx this year but have used clip for
13 years. We track every job. And I have the mobile. But the cell phone is so small. Is it fast to use?
Posted via Mobile Device

grass-scapes
03-05-2012, 07:27 AM
You aren't going to break any speed records. It helps with field work. Keeps your phone battery from dying. I just haven't found a windows mobile phone that I liked. I am hoping they will go to android soon, but a rugged tablet is going to be hard to come by. A pocket pc is relatively cheap and the workabouts I bought are rugged and have a long battery life, so all in all, it works ok.

Ghopper3345
03-05-2012, 08:45 AM
But don't qx need windows mobile 6 I cant find a tablet anywhere. I o Lu see them with mobile 6.5. They told
Me they will have a app for iPhone soon but don't count on It
Posted via Mobile Device

grass-scapes
03-05-2012, 05:24 PM
Yes, qxmobile requires windows mobile. My old Pocket pc runs windows mobile 5 and the workabouts have wm 6 and some have 6.5 pro.

StBalor
03-07-2012, 10:27 PM
I have used Lawnpro for years and love it. does everything i need. I just upgraded to Lawnpro4, seems a bit more difficult to use, but so is any software you're not use to.
I am confident i will figure it out, just some things are not where they were in previous versions.

Jobber
03-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Any of you that are looking for business management software for your lawn care (or other Green Industry business), don't forget to check out Jobber! http://www.getjobber.com

There was a post earlier in the thread about us being a good option if you're just doing scheduling, but we do so much more than that, and are constantly adding functionality too.

Jobber provides fully integrated customer relationship management in a searchable form, with multi-property support, tagging, task management and more.

Our work flow system makes it really easy to deal with Quoting and Invoicing, providing automatically generated follow-up reminders, direct-to-customer e-mailing of PDFs, and sensible status tracking.

Job management and scheduling are obviously a top priority as well. Both map and grid based scheduling let you make smart and efficient decisions with all the available information.

A growing list of add-on functionality let you custom tailor the software to your specific needs as well: time tracking, chemical application tracking, QuickBooks integration, web forms, ePayments, and more to come!

Of course it's all hosted in the cloud, so you can access it from any computer or modern web enabled handheld device, including iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile, Blackberry, any tablet and more, and multiple people can access the system all at once, without having to worry about synchronizing anything at the end of the day. Your data is secure, backed up automatically, and you constantly have acces to the latest and greatest features we've been working on.

We pride ourselves on having created software that is easy to use, and doesn't require a lot of time to learn. We're constantly keeping that in mind as we improve on Jobber, and will very shortly be starting work on some user interface improvements that we think you'll like. We will also have some tutorial videos ready by the end of March.

There's no commitment necessary to try it out — just sign up and have a poke around free for 30 days. If you like I would also be more than happy to personally provide a free online demo to help you get familiar with the software. Just send me an e-mail at sam@getjobber.com to schedule something that works for both of us.

We've put a lot of work into Jobber, and spend a tonne of time listening to our customers. We're growing fast and moving fast, and we really just want to help you to do the same. Give us a try and get in touch with me or with the Help Desk from inside the application if you have any questions.

All of this information is available on the website as well, but it doesn't hurt to put it right in here as well. Jobber costs $29/month. You can add all of your employees to the system for scheduling at that price. If you would like your employees (or just a few key employees) to be able to log into the system as well in order to add and maintain information it's an additional $9/month per employee. Add-Ons are, and always will be, anywhere between Free and $5/month. This pricing allows our customers to custom fit the software to their needs, and ensures that you pay only for the features you need.

All the best to all of you,
Sam Pillar / President & Co-Founder of Jobber

cgaengineer
03-09-2012, 09:03 PM
Its basically just a rugged pocket pc. I haven't figured out the barcode scanning yet. Its supposed to scan into whatever dialog box you have open, but I haven't gotten that to work yet.

Remember, you need qxmobile for it to work anyway. You won't need a route sheet if you use qxmobile. all services are on the mobile device. I use it mostly to keep track of time. The crew will click "start" when they arrive, and "stop" when done. When it syncs back up at the shop, it enters actual service times into qxpress. With that info alone, you can see if you are making money based on how much each employee is costing you, and any other info you have in qxpress.

Is it a TDS recon data collector?
Posted via Mobile Device

gladi8r
03-11-2012, 10:24 PM
I've been using LawnPro for 4 years, and when trying to upgrade to version 4 last year, I had the same problems- features not working properly, data corruption on importing from version 3, etc. Tried to contact Patrick via support ticket, email, and phone, twice in a 2 weeks period. No response.

Tried again this year to upgrade after clean install. Not working. Again tried a service ticket, email, and phone call (his phone is now disconnected) with no response.

I've filed a BBB complaint against 'Patrick Cash.Com, LLC' with the Central Alabama BBB. Looks like more than a doze3n others have done the same, and some have had success with refunds. If he doesn't refund, I'm going to small claims in Gadsden. (I have relatives very closeby)

Warning: LawnPro USED to be decent, low priced LCO software. The new version is junk, yet it seems they are still taking money for it without any support.

!!!!! DO NOT BUY LAWNPRO 4. !!!!!!

Mr Cash, if you are reading this, people end up in prison for things like this- it's called Fraud. "Use of interstate commerce for purpose of fraud or deceit". Look it up. Make the software work and get your phone connected and do business like an honest individual, or refund everyone who has purchased this non-functional garbage. Simple as that.

Weekend cut easymoney
03-13-2012, 07:05 PM
been using clip for about 8 years and had LOTS of issues this year...never quite able to use their paperless route sheets/data collection from smartphone.
-tried multiple times over last 3 years and their guys always have problems that they cannot solve
-the paperless/smartphone application always had issues and not very user friendly-worked 70-80percent of time until this year...not worked since January--
This year the program has become very buggy-
--also, they want to charge more to store all the program online, so when there is an issue, they can look at it without having to remotly access your computer to solve the problem-
-The basic scheduling program is very powerful, lots of great features
-Tech support is always responsive...just not able to always fix problems...
--the program is pretty easy to use most of the basic scheduling...this program made my life much easier for 200jobs per week, 3 crews--
they just seem to be having issues getting things smoothed out this year-

kirkmbrown2001
03-13-2012, 09:21 PM
Any of you that are looking for business management software for your lawn care (or other Green Industry business), don't forget to check out Jobber! http://www.getjobber.com

There was a post earlier in the thread about us being a good option if you're just doing scheduling, but we do so much more than that, and are constantly adding functionality too.

Jobber provides fully integrated customer relationship management in a searchable form, with multi-property support, tagging, task management and more.

Our work flow system makes it really easy to deal with Quoting and Invoicing, providing automatically generated follow-up reminders, direct-to-customer e-mailing of PDFs, and sensible status tracking.

Job management and scheduling are obviously a top priority as well. Both map and grid based scheduling let you make smart and efficient decisions with all the available information.

A growing list of add-on functionality let you custom tailor the software to your specific needs as well: time tracking, chemical application tracking, QuickBooks integration, web forms, ePayments, and more to come!

Of course it's all hosted in the cloud, so you can access it from any computer or modern web enabled handheld device, including iPhone, Android, Windows Mobile, Blackberry, any tablet and more, and multiple people can access the system all at once, without having to worry about synchronizing anything at the end of the day. Your data is secure, backed up automatically, and you constantly have acces to the latest and greatest features we've been working on.

We pride ourselves on having created software that is easy to use, and doesn't require a lot of time to learn. We're constantly keeping that in mind as we improve on Jobber, and will very shortly be starting work on some user interface improvements that we think you'll like. We will also have some tutorial videos ready by the end of March.

There's no commitment necessary to try it out — just sign up and have a poke around free for 30 days. If you like I would also be more than happy to personally provide a free online demo to help you get familiar with the software. Just send me an e-mail at sam@getjobber.com to schedule something that works for both of us.

We've put a lot of work into Jobber, and spend a tonne of time listening to our customers. We're growing fast and moving fast, and we really just want to help you to do the same. Give us a try and get in touch with me or with the Help Desk from inside the application if you have any questions.

All of this information is available on the website as well, but it doesn't hurt to put it right in here as well. Jobber costs $29/month. You can add all of your employees to the system for scheduling at that price. If you would like your employees (or just a few key employees) to be able to log into the system as well in order to add and maintain information it's an additional $9/month per employee. Add-Ons are, and always will be, anywhere between Free and $5/month. This pricing allows our customers to custom fit the software to their needs, and ensures that you pay only for the features you need.

All the best to all of you,
Sam Pillar / President & Co-Founder of Jobber

Take a look at Jobber's FREE trial. You WON'T be disappointed. I use it and LOVE it!

grass-scapes
03-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Is it a TDS recon data collector?
Posted via Mobile Device

Not sure what you mean?
It is a PSION Teklogix Workabout pro.

StBalor
03-23-2012, 01:18 PM
Being a long time user of LawnPro i have to say STAY AWAY FROM LAWNPRO4It just has to many bugs and does not work right.
Sent an email, no response yet.

Anyone know how to move LP3 from 1 laptop to a new laptop?

sysop
05-05-2012, 12:33 PM
I'm using the Lawn Pro 4 software for my lawn care business and having an extremely hard time using it. I'd love to be able to access the software from my work sites, but it will not let me create a MASTER to access. It tells me every time I try to use the replication settings it tells me "The current database is not a master. Replication settings do not apply" and I have to go back to my office and synchronize there. Any help from anyone would be greatly appreciated