PDA

View Full Version : trucking company to pick up a z-sprayer

lazyike
01-29-2012, 02:41 PM
Does anyone know of a shipping company that would pick up a z-sprayer from a private sale and ship it to me I would like to buy one but it is over 800 miles away so I would not be able to get it on a pallet and load it onto a truck. Is there a company that offer this sort of service.... If not I think that would be a good business to start.

orangemower
01-29-2012, 02:49 PM
That's what makes the world go around. What do you think all the trucks on the road are doing? You'll have to call one of the "over the road" companies to arrange shipping. Also the owner of whatever it is you're buying will need to prep it for shipping. Then all you have to do is call and schedule them to pick it up.

lazyike
01-29-2012, 02:55 PM
That's what makes the world go around. What do you think all the trucks on the road are doing? You'll have to call one of the "over the road" companies to arrange shipping. Also the owner of whatever it is you're buying will need to prep it for shipping. Then all you have to do is call and schedule them to pick it up.

Thats what I am saying the owner of the machine will not be able to "prep" the sprayer or load it. I need a company that will show up wrap it and load it on the truck themselves.

sweetland
01-29-2012, 02:55 PM
Does anyone know of a shipping company that would pick up a z-sprayer from a private sale and ship it to me I would like to buy one but it is over 800 miles away so I would not be able to get it on a pallet and load it onto a truck. Is there a company that offer this sort of service.... If not I think that would be a good business to start.

www.uship.com

SDLandscapes VT
01-29-2012, 02:57 PM
Lakeville Motor Express/Reliance network

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
01-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Yeah Uship.com for sure, awesome prices, insurance....

lazyike
01-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Thank you guys I am looking at uship that will work:cool2:

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
01-29-2012, 03:30 PM
Thank you guys I am looking at uship that will work:cool2:

It works like Ebay, you list your items to ship, to and from location, etc. it will need to be strapped down to a pallet, and let them bid it and take either the lowest price or the bidder with highest feedback rating and lowest price....

PK Mows
01-29-2012, 07:59 PM
STI has a terminal right there in Roseville, as do some other LtL carriers. They'll cost a little more but they are the best in the business at what you need. I had a truck leased on with them for a couple years and they're the only lift-gate carrier I'd use.

http://www.stidelivers.com/Distribution.aspx