PDA

View Full Version : Need Advice of Lesco 36" Mower

joee0914
01-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Got a deal on a Lesco 36" hydro today. The mower has 250 hours and is in good condition. It also includes a sulky, electric start, and catcher. I got him down to $1300.. Sound like a good deal to you guys?

billythekid
01-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Just keep in mind they're hard to get parts for.

weaver
01-29-2012, 07:17 PM
I personally would jump on it. That price,hydro,sulky and the bagger, for sure. As far as hard to find parts, you can find anything on the net especially Ebay. Just my opinion.

joee0914
01-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Just keep in mind they're hard to get parts for.

Not 100% but i believe it comes with a bunch of spare parts as well..

lifetree
01-29-2012, 07:49 PM
I personally would jump on it. ...

I agree, it's a good price !!

Hansen's Lawn Care
01-30-2012, 12:26 AM
While it's true they are hard to get parts for, Lesco's (in my experience) are built like tanks, extremely tough. Sounds like a great price I'd probably jump on that offer. 36" great for the smaller fenced yards...

unkownfl
01-30-2012, 12:34 AM
Easy to get parts. Find a Cub dealer. It is also almost identical to a lot of 90's scags. It has a kawasaki engine. The pumps/wheel motors are hydro gear if I remember. The spindles are the same as a wright stander or scag. Belts can be bought from any rotary dealer and blades. J-thomas also has every part but it's an online store. John deere landscapes can get you anything too. Usually they have to order it though. 1300 is a good price. I've had 4 of those exact hydros and 5 36 belts.

stockie
01-30-2012, 12:39 AM
I have a 10 year old lesco 36 inch belt drive. Only about 300 hrs. I will say its awesome and built well. However just getting a belt for the blades puzzeled the guy at John Deer (who is now "servicing" Lesco.) And He wasnt able to get me blades. Being a hydro I would do some research first. Find out info on the hydros then call around to see if they are available and how much, cause you know they will go at some point. I just bought a Lesco leaf loader for 1300 over the summer. I called john deere first to see if they could get parts and wouldnt give me a straight answer. So I called back and asked how much the impeller fan was and they told me $700! Crazy. I found out later I could have one fabricated from a guy I know, so I bought it. A great deal is no deal if its gonna be a pile of scrap. And if it is such a great deal, is it because the owner cant find parts for it?

unkownfl
01-30-2012, 12:45 AM
I have a 10 year old lesco 36 inch belt drive. Only about 300 hrs. I will say its awesome and built well. However just getting a belt for the blades puzzeled the guy at John Deer (who is now "servicing" Lesco.) And He wasnt able to get me blades. Being a hydro I would do some research first. Find out info on the hydros then call around to see if they are available and how much, cause you know they will go at some point. I just bought a Lesco leaf loader for 1300 over the summer. I called john deere first to see if they could get parts and wouldnt give me a straight answer. So I called back and asked how much the impeller fan was and they told me $700! Crazy. I found out later I could have one fabricated from a guy I know, so I bought it. A great deal is no deal if its gonna be a pile of scrap. And if it is such a great deal, is it because the owner cant find parts for it?

WTF how hard is it to find 18 inch 5/8th hole blades? Almost any dealer should have any lift and probably 10 of each in stock. You can't measure a belt length with a standard tape measure? I guess you have to realize a lot of people in the "green industry" just aren't well ......

Here is the lesco and scag # for the hard to find deck belts.
Lesco:

Scag:

stockie
01-30-2012, 01:34 AM
The blade thing was weird. I went in to get the belt, and after he had a hard time with that, I said why dont I get a pair of blades too. He spent 15 min. measuring the blades I brought in and looking for a match. Then told me lesco discontinued the blades. So I said give me any thing that will fit. He went into a long song and dance about having to use the factory blade blah blah. So I went down the street and got an aftermarket pair. I guess what I was getting at was just be sure you can parts, specific parts. Otherwise 1300 is alot for scrap metal. John Deer is suppose to be taking care of them. But I think they are just trying to turn away all lesco service. They suck in my area

MacLawnAndGarden
01-30-2012, 05:21 AM
I guess you have to realize a lot of people in the "green industry" just aren't well ......

This is priceless. I think I found my new slogan. :clapping:

billythekid
01-30-2012, 10:55 PM
i also have a lesco 36 and they are solid machines and i have found that yes some scag parts transfer you just have to get creative. I was just making sure he was aware you USUALLY can't just run out and grab a part. your best bet is to keep a little list of cross reference numbers for scag parts and i get all my belts down at the hardware store i got screwed with an exmark belt this year and i won't do that again.

joee0914
02-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Picked up the Lesco the other day and gave it a real quick cleaning.. What do you guys think???

I also have a sulky and catcher but no pictures of them

The guy I bought it from also has 52" with no motor, includes everything else. He only wants $250 for it so I may go and pick that up as well. I could use it for spare parts or maybe ill just slap a motor on it and have another mower.

http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/joee0914/IMG_0534.jpg
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/joee0914/IMG_0536.jpg
http://i384.photobucket.com/albums/oo288/joee0914/IMG_0535.jpg

weaver
02-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Good find!!!!

orangemower
02-02-2012, 09:37 PM
You got a good deal. I'd grab up the other. You can find a engine to fit it and have another nice mower.