PDA

View Full Version : Chevy truck problem used for lawn business

Rodney Johns
11-26-2002, 11:51 AM
Well I would tell you the whole story of the problems I recently had with my 2001 Chevy 3500 truck I had but that would take a year. If you are experiencing engine knock and or oil comsumption in a GM truck with a 6.0 L engine than please read on.
I just recently got my truck purchased back on a buy back. This took a year to get done and I had to get help from the BBB and the state attorney generals office.
My truck was in the shop a total of 5 months in the year and a half I owned it. It had one new engine put in it and it was just as bad as the one that that was in it before. This truck cost me $1000's of dollars to own and to get rid of it
If you need information or help in getting your truck bought back I am willing to tell you how I was able to get this done.
Rodney
573-288-5296

HarryD
11-26-2002, 12:05 PM
whether it be Chevy or Ford sometimes you get a lemon . my old boss bought a ford F250 back in 89 and he had nothing but trouble with it . his partner got one at the same time same truck and never had a lick of probloms . Ford finaly replaced it after it spent much of the first year in the shop

Rodney Johns
11-26-2002, 06:05 PM
I was told that potentially 10,000 other trucks/engines may have this problem by the Service manager at the dealership. I have in writing that they not only know there is no cure for the problem but they are not even working to correct the defect.

greenman
11-26-2002, 10:21 PM
Next time you will know to get a Ford!:D

Brickman
11-27-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by greenman
Next time you will know to get a Ford!:D

Some people learn slower than others. :dizzy: :dizzy: :dizzy: :D

ksland
11-30-2002, 09:28 PM
I also have a 2001 3500 with a 6.0L. Have been in the shop twice with it. Gobbles about 3-4 qts oil between changes and makes a tick for 30 seconds on startup. Have been through the wringer and bottom line they offer me a extended warranty no charge. I now have 28,000 on it and plan on putting it in the shop for the winter. I want the noise gone, not an extended warranty which is no good since they won't honor the existing warranty. Any info you could give me greatly appreciated. Maybe AOL IM, or email. I can't see the phone working well we quite a distance apart. feel free to contact me please ksland@adelphia.net and AOL IM ksland:cry:

Mowingman
11-30-2002, 10:27 PM
Just curious, what is a 6.0 liter engine? Gas or diesel/ What size is it in cubic inches? I have not really kept up with chevy engine info.:confused:

angus
12-01-2002, 02:07 AM
The 6.0 is a gas engine ,i think it replaces the 350 5.7 gas.
The problem Sounds like the piston slap ford ,chevy , toyota have been haveing in some of their gas engine's .
The ford gas 5.4 and the chevy 6.0 gas engine both are causeing a lot of owners to pull all their hair out.
I have not heard much about dodge piston slap in their gas engines like the chevy and ford gas engines.

Rodney Johns
12-02-2002, 10:16 AM
This is the gas engine that replaced the 350.
The dealership has told me that the have a defective piston or something which causes excessive carbon build up in the engine. That admit the defect but until more people complain or get there vehicles bought back they will not recall them. It's like the Firestone tires. Until someone gets hurt or dies it is cheaper to fight a consumer than it is to admit a problem.

Rodney Johns
12-17-2002, 03:06 PM
Some friends of mine have found an attorney that is taking on several cases against GM
If you find yourself at a deadend and are still having problems in regards to that motor. I will be happy to provide his name and number.
They have a Tahoe that shuts down running 65 down the highway. Once it locked the steering and put them into a ditch.

Nebraska
12-17-2002, 03:22 PM
Why did they ruin a good thing and replace the 350?

Brickman
12-18-2002, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Nebraska
Why did they ruin a good thing and replace the 350?

Because in spite of what Odin says they are :dizzy: :dizzy:

pottstim
12-19-2002, 02:08 AM
The reason the 350, 305, and 454 have disappeared is because they would not meet goverment emissions regulations. Therefore, we have the new generation small blocks and big block. Yes, they are having problems with piston slap on them, but more so on the 6.0. It's no different than what Ford is going through with their engines, only i hear they have also been having head gasket problems and oil leaks. I have also heard some reports of spark plugs blowing out of the engines. Anyone can read this by going to F150online.com. This problem is NOT exclusive to GM as some on this board would like you to believe, but it does not give GM any excuse for it either.

GraZZmaZter
12-19-2002, 11:02 AM
Sorry to hear about your problems with your Chevy. I have owned mostley Chevys, and have neveer had a major problem that was not regular maintenance.

Nebraska
12-19-2002, 12:28 PM
So the EPA or Congress is to blame?? I Have a 98 and 2001 (1st half style)Chevy both with the 350's...as well as a 2001 Dodge (another story).....No problems at all and they take a beating...

I have a Brother that has the 8.0 Chevy gas....it's been in the shop 8 times...all transmission problems...Allison transmission.

scottt
12-19-2002, 02:56 PM
To add a positive note to this thread, I have a 2001 2500HD with a 6.0 and have had zero problems with it. A little noise for a few seconds when it starts cold, but nothing else. It has 50,000 miles now and not one repair. It feels like a new truck. I couldn't be happier.