PDA

View Full Version : Turf Tracer Conversion

turfsmart
01-30-2012, 03:41 AM
I'm trying to mount a fimco atv sprayer to my turf tracer. I have an idea as to how I am mounting everything, the problem is that it is a recoil start. Does anyone know of an online source where I could get an alternator batteries and any of the other components for a reasonable price??I'm trying to keep the install as cheap as possible...
Thanks -TS

Johnagain
01-30-2012, 07:30 AM
If you mower has an electric PTO for blade engagement then you won't need batteries. Just tie into the hot side of the wires coming to the blade switch and you'll have about 12-15 amps to run your sprayer. I don't think that you could run the blades and sprayer together.

turfsmart
01-30-2012, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the reply. My Turf Tracer is a 2000 it doesn't have a PTO switch. I am going to try to fabricate a mounting system for my Lazer. I have a Jrco spreader that mounts to the front and I think I can mount the tank on the back with a few pieces of angle iron. I found a 5 nozzle boom@TSC for $25. Now the question will be if the pump is powerful enough for the boom. I the one I have now is the HI FLOW Gold 2.1GPM.

BaxtersEssentialLawnCare
01-30-2012, 04:24 PM
I'm having the same issue with my wb, I have an extra batt so I'm just going to put it on the same mount as the sprayer and use it that way. I think it will be ok if your not doing alot of spraying and charge it after being used.

orangemower
01-30-2012, 07:01 PM
I would get a deep cycle battery and use it for the sprayer.

turfsmart
02-01-2012, 04:34 PM
I think Im just going to use my rider. Im going to try to use a piece of my boom assembly
as a single boom with a quick disconnect. I finally got the boom put together & it ended up being 333" total length! Way too heavy and too wide for my Lazer. The tank Im thinking of mounting on the roll bar ... although I might be too top heavy then ... 80-85lbs above the already top heavy coolant system

pugs
02-01-2012, 05:02 PM
If you mower has an electric PTO for blade engagement then you won't need batteries. Just tie into the hot side of the wires coming to the blade switch and you'll have about 12-15 amps to run your sprayer. I don't think that you could run the blades and sprayer together.

I would advise against that or check into it more. The systems for running a clutch without a battery are generally putting out more than 12 volts. Usually up around 25-30VDC on a Kawasaki. Not sure how a sprayer would handle that.

Your best bet honestly would be find a similar engine that has been junked and grab the stator/flywheel/regulator from it. Keep yours recoil start but with the charging system from an electric start machine. Hook that system up to a battery and you are set and it would be neatly packaged too.