PDA

View Full Version : Employee Health Insurance

Pamcakes38
01-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Okay guys, If you offer employee health insurance what percentage do you pay or ask your employee to pay. What do you think is a fair percentage to ask your employee to pay?

barrettslawncare
01-30-2012, 10:02 PM
We pay half of the cost for our employees.

familylawncare
02-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Have been wanting to offer health insurance to our employees for some time, but have been unable to find carrier with reasonable rates. Do you have suggestions?
Also, since we are seasonal, how do you handle off-season premium payments?

maelawncare
02-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Have been wanting to offer health insurance to our employees for some time, but have been unable to find carrier with reasonable rates. Do you have suggestions?

I was just thinking the same thing. There is no easy or cheap way to go about it.

Pamcakes38
02-06-2012, 10:14 AM

When we where quoted we got the best rates on Blue Cross Blue Shield that was last Jan and this year when we came up for renewals we where shocked to find out our rates did not go up this year( what a great surprise). I have heard awesome things about qual choice insurance which is a company we are thinking about changing to if are rates go up with Blue cross. We are currently paying 100% of our employees insurance and we do not have a off season. we are in the weed control business so are off season is for 2 weeks which fall around Christmas.

cpllawncare
02-06-2012, 08:16 PM
When we where quoted we got the best rates on Blue Cross Blue Shield that was last Jan and this year when we came up for renewals we where shocked to find out our rates did not go up this year( what a great surprise). I have heard awesome things about qual choice insurance which is a company we are thinking about changing to if are rates go up with Blue cross. We are currently paying 100% of our employees insurance and we do not have a off season. we are in the weed control business so are off season is for 2 weeks which fall around Christmas.

WOW! That's almost unheard of for a small company, you guys must get some outragous low rates to be able to afford that, Shoot I worked for a huge automaker and they couldn't even afford that.

mkarps
02-08-2012, 12:37 AM
My employer paid my insurance 100% for over 10 years. Now that I'm taking over part of the company though no more free insurance for me. Any suggestions on insurance for a sole prop and his family??

cpllawncare
02-08-2012, 07:00 AM
My employer paid my insurance 100% for over 10 years. Now that I'm taking over part of the company though no more free insurance for me. Any suggestions on insurance for a sole prop and his family??

Expect it to be very very expensive.

maelawncare
02-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Expect it to be very very expensive.

My inlaws pay $1400 per month for themselves. I have mine through my wifes work.

Daily Lawn/Landscape
02-11-2012, 10:30 AM
Look for high deductible major medical plans to keep your premium down. Then open up an HSA (health savings account) to cover the little things with the tax free money.

James