PDA

View Full Version : Bids

ahelbert
01-30-2012, 11:59 AM
Small lawncare business that I bought came with a few accounts. How do I find new accounts and/or bids in my local area? I need help getting new accounts and I don't know where to start. Do I just call places and ask when they accept bids or is there a place where I can find open bids? Thanks.

GravelyWoman
01-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Small lawncare business that I bought came with a few accounts. How do I find new accounts and/or bids in my local area? I need help getting new accounts and I don't know where to start. Do I just call places and ask when they accept bids or is there a place where I can find open bids? Thanks.

Now you have my curiosity up....Have you even owned a lawncare business before? Employees?

ahelbert
01-31-2012, 08:01 PM
First time. I worked for this business, then bought it with only the existing accounts. How do I get more business other than, business cards, signs, etc.? Where do lawn care businesses find bids?

GravelyWoman
01-31-2012, 08:27 PM
First time. I worked for this business, then bought it with only the existing accounts. How do I get more business other than, business cards, signs, etc.? Where do lawn care businesses find bids?

The best way is to just start working the business and don't try to grow the business fast! Make yourself a goal of how many customers you need to add to meet your expenses. Word of mouth is the best form of advertising. Do a great job and other jobs will follow!

And research on this site what others have done! Good luck!

Gravely Woman!

turf hokie
01-31-2012, 08:30 PM
Why are you so concerned about bids? the only thing that a bid does is give the job to the low cost provider.

Sorry but you are in for a long haul. I am thinking that you should have had an inkling as to how to gain new work before you decided to buy out an existing business.

Hit the pavement my man, get out there....knowing where to find work is probably one of the easiest things in business. Gettting and keeping it is the challenge....

OneLineAtATime
02-01-2012, 12:06 AM
Mailers.....

FoghornLeghorn
02-01-2012, 12:56 AM
I'm still waiting for that door hanger guy to hijack this thread like he does every other one. 3...2....1...

TheBetterDoorhanger
02-01-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm still waiting for that door hanger guy to hijack this thread like he does every other one. 3...2....1...

LMAO

Touche' !

Robin Christopherson
A'DEAS Printing
Home of Band-It & Stick-It® Products
www.AdeasPrinting.com
robin@adeasprinting.com
(316) 269-2494 ext. 200
(866) 251-3181 fax
719 S. St. Francis
Wichita, KS 67211

FoghornLeghorn
02-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Hehehe. I'm just pulling your chain. We'll let you stay because you don't misspell any words when you type. Have you read any Meg-Mo posts???
Posted via Mobile Device

ahelbert
02-02-2012, 12:37 PM
I am doing the existing accounts. I have been doing them well. I am concerned about bids because if I do want more accounts, I just want someone to tell me how to do it. I agree with word of mouth. I mow several grocery stores, apartment complexes, attorney offices, and more. I would like someone to answer my orignal question of where to find when businesses are ready for mowing companies to place a bid? I would like to know when other grocery stores, apartment complexes and other businesses contracts run out.

OneLineAtATime
02-02-2012, 01:16 PM
I am doing the existing accounts. I have been doing them well. I am concerned about bids because if I do want more accounts, I just want someone to tell me how to do it. I agree with word of mouth. I mow several grocery stores, apartment complexes, attorney offices, and more. I would like someone to answer my orignal question of where to find when businesses are ready for mowing companies to place a bid? I would like to know when other grocery stores, apartment complexes and other businesses contracts run out.

U have to make contact with the business, once they will talk to you.. you asked them.. we are a dime a dozen. You have to stand out.
Posted via Mobile Device

grass-scapes
02-02-2012, 02:51 PM
each one is different. Walk in and introduce yourself. Give them a business card. Ask them to call you if they need anyone for exterior maintenance services. There isn't a universal calendar that has a specific date that all lawn care contracts magically come up for bid.

Get out and pound pavement.

ahelbert
02-02-2012, 03:37 PM
I know every company renews contracts at different times. I just didn't know if you can find bids on the internet (maybe Craig's list) or in the newspaper. Thanks for all the help.

turf hokie
02-02-2012, 04:47 PM

Contracts dont always run out at the same time. Some are 1, 2, 3 years, some end in March some end in November, I have seen some end in July.......

I stick with my original answer, hit the pavement...meaning knock on doors, ask your existing customers if they have other properties, contact management companies......its not rocket science, its called being aggressive...

Public bids are put in papers and internet but not all of them and not all the time.

Private entities will call people they know, get them to know you.....

How did the original owner come about the current client base? I am sure they didnt pick up the phone and call him with out some provocation....

TheBetterDoorhanger
02-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Hehehe. I'm just pulling your chain. We'll let you stay because you don't misspell any words when you type. Have you read any Meg-Mo posts???
Posted via Mobile Device

I know you are...no worries! :) It was pretty funny & literally made me LOL!
(Nope, haven't seen them)