PDA

View Full Version : Remeber that crazy wife?

soloscaperman
01-30-2012, 05:36 PM
The one that complains my mower is too loud so she has to sit in the bathroom and talk, the time that I snow plowed and she wanted me to wipe off the skinny railings, the one that wants her grass scalped, etc. Well I am going to end the service because when the husband text me back so I can get my plowing money said not to come to late afternoon because THE DOG THEY GOT will go nuts. They are lazy customers that leave everything out and knowing them the dog crap will be sitting on the lawn forever. I charge him a good price since it's near my other lawns and in order to plow he has to come out and move his 4 vehicles and Camper!!! It takes a lot for me to drop a customer and it's gotten too far lol. Would you guys do the same thing?

tyler_mott85
01-30-2012, 05:54 PM
Mowers are loud. Just apologize and don't mind her. Wiping of railings? A little odd but would be good customer service since she requested it. No biggie. Scalping grass? Part of the job. Asking to mow at certain times of the day? Maybe if they prefer morning or afternoon I can work around but if they set a time like "don't come before 10 or after 1" I wouldn't be able to handle that.

And having to wait on them to move their vehicles is poor communication to them to have their driveway ready for service.

Sometimes the crazy ones are the best customers in the end because a lot of crazies don't now they're crazy but they know you work for them when dozens of others have quit.

Valk
01-30-2012, 06:34 PM
PEACE OF MIND = PRICELESS!!!
(How much of your time have you wasted/DONATED over the years?)

IFF you can afford to get rid of them, then you have to ask yourself, IS IT WORTH IT TO GET RID OF THEM? I've had some PITA customers. If they are comical (in a sense), then they are FAR better than the ones that pizz you off.
If they are the ones you complain about most, then.........:walking:

larryinalabama
01-30-2012, 07:09 PM
Mowers are loud. Just apologize and don't mind her. Wiping of railings? A little odd but would be good customer service since she requested it. No biggie. Scalping grass? Part of the job. Asking to mow at certain times of the day? Maybe if they prefer morning or afternoon I can work around but if they set a time like "don't come before 10 or after 1" I wouldn't be able to handle that.

And having to wait on them to move their vehicles is poor communication to them to have their driveway ready for service.

Sometimes the crazy ones are the best customers in the end because a lot of crazies don't now they're crazy but they know you work for them when dozens of others have quit.

He probaly has mor accounds than us.

One thing I have found in life in general as well as in business is that YOU CANNOT PLEASE EVERYONE

torotorotoro
01-30-2012, 09:49 PM

i dont think you are following all that this guy has put up with

4 seasons lawn&land
01-30-2012, 10:06 PM
Im sure that as a business owner you probably wouldnt take lightly, letting hard earned customers go. So if your thinking about it enough to post it here, then its probably time to get rid of them. I really hate to drop customers. My worst customer ever, I raised the price on so he would be worth it, or he would can me. He's mowing his own lawn now, and thats fine. I have another one that thinks I'm a superhero because I show up and work when no one else returns his calls or shows after the first time they meet him.

weeze
01-30-2012, 11:03 PM
just remember you dont' have to like the customer. as long as they pay you then no problem. if they start making rediculous demands or you go to work there and can't because things are in the way like 4 cars and a camper then it's probably best to drop them.

so the dog only goes nuts in the morning hours? if he does then he will in the afternoon as well. i don't get that one. :laugh:

fireman gus
01-31-2012, 10:04 AM
Doesn't matter what you make if the customer is a PITA it is not hard for to drop them. To me they are not worth the headache!

hammmerhead
01-31-2012, 12:20 PM
Just turn it back around on them! Tell the man of the house you will call ahead so he can have the vehicles moved before you show up to plow. If Dad can walk to the vehicles to move them, he can darn sure clean his own rail. HaHa! They are manipulating your work schedule around their DOG! The heck with that, tell them you are NOT changing your schedule for their Dog!

These people are out of touch with reality. Drop this crap while you are still capable of running YOUR business and never let your customer run it for you my friend!

CircleC
01-31-2012, 05:12 PM
Sometimes you have to take the good with the bad, if they pay on time and pay well....what can you do!? We can't always have high paying non-complaining customers. Having a PITA customer is just a part of business. No matter what kind of business you run, hard to deal with people are always around. Have a talk in the spring and work out ground rules on time and date. Its your job to stick to the time and date of mow/work.

Another thing is.....if your not going to do it someone else will! Someone else will make your money. Good paying customers are getting harder and harder to come by....good luck!
Posted via Mobile Device