PDA

View Full Version : 203,000 SqFt pricing question!

417lawncare
01-30-2012, 09:17 PM
I am just getting into commercial accounts and am trying to bid on a church in my area, a BIG church. I used measurefromouterspace.com to get my SqFt measured, but after coming out to 203,000 and change, I will be measuring by foot tomorrow. So I want to charge by the sqft rather than hour on this property. Some other threads I have read say 10,000 sqft + they charge .002 per sqft thats $406.00 per mow. Since I am a residential mower that seems pretty high!

My question is, is that an reasonable price? I didnt figure in the weed whacking or blowing off the parking lot or sidewalks.

justanotherlawnguy
01-30-2012, 10:00 PM
Doesnt matter what you charge, the church is gonna complain about the price. It's like 5 acres, you figure it out. If you can't figure out a price, you probably shouldn't bid on the job.
Posted via Mobile Device

ReddensLawnCare
01-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Doesnt matter what you charge, the church is gonna complain about the price. It's like 5 acres, you figure it out. If you can't figure out a price, you probably shouldn't bid on the job.
Posted via Mobile Device

That is the most ignorant comment I have seen in a while on here. While some people do ask about way more than they are capable of, this may not be the case for this individual. Here's my thought: before we can help with price we need more info. How many feet Of edging, trimming, total areas to be blown off, what is to be done each visit. Then we need to know what equipment you have and how Many people will be there. Also, on small properties you can get by somewhat without really knowing your costs, but with commercial, it is vital. Look up procut and read his threads about commercial properties, very inciteful. Put up that info and then we can help you out.
Posted via Mobile Device

417lawncare
01-30-2012, 10:26 PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Lol i already said a price I was thinking about quoting, so I was just wondering if this was close to what other people would bid a job like this. I'm sorry if you cant find bids like this. So does anyone have any positive input to this thread.

417lawncare
01-30-2012, 10:29 PM
That is the most ignorant comment I have seen in a while on here. While some people do ask about way more than they are capable of, this may not be the case for this individual. Here's my thought: before we can help with price we need more info. How many feet Of edging, trimming, total areas to be blown off, what is to be done each visit. Then we need to know what equipment you have and how Many people will be there. Also, on small properties you can get by somewhat without really knowing your costs, but with commercial, it is vital. Look up procut and read his threads about commercial properties, very inciteful. Put up that info and then we can help you out.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thank you I will post my numbers in a few minutes. The only other service required than the mow blow and trim is trash pickup as needed.

417lawncare
01-30-2012, 10:49 PM
The total linear footage is 2300 ft to be trimmed with a weed eater. The blowing off part is harder id say very accurately it's 1550 sqft of sidewalk and entryway into the church. In my original estimate I came up with $405 per mow trim and blow. This will be done with one other person operating a trimmer and then a blower once trimming is done. I will be using my current zt which is a 52 in Scag. I might go ahead and purchase a 61 in scag cheetah if you think my current price is right or under bid just because I have enough residential accounts to profit off and live on that this would be considerable extra income and pay for the new mower this year.

justanotherlawnguy
01-31-2012, 02:29 AM
Lol i already said a price I was thinking about quoting, so I was just wondering if this was close to what other people would bid a job like this. I'm sorry if you cant find bids like this. So does anyone have any positive input to this thread.

Dont be sorry! I don't look for crummy jobs like this and you would never find me on here asking if my price is right either. I figured out long ago how to price jobs.
Posted via Mobile Device

417lawncare
01-31-2012, 09:38 AM
lol crumy jobs, cause im sure most of your jobs generate 1600 a month or more...

ncls
01-31-2012, 09:59 AM
Slightly under 5 acres. Should take you 2, 2.5 hours to mow. 4 hours total for one guy. Do you normally charge 100.00 per hour for your services? Are many of your other customers paying that much??

417lawncare
01-31-2012, 01:16 PM
Slightly under 5 acres. Should take you 2, 2.5 hours to mow. 4 hours total for one guy. Do you normally charge 100.00 per hour for your services? Are many of your other customers paying that much??

I have a bank paying me very close to that. Smaller lot though too.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
01-31-2012, 04:12 PM

4 hours seems about right as long as there isn't 100 trees to trim around, and NO cemetary. If you get $50-$60 per hour that's pretty good with a church (they have no money). So $250 would be a top end price for this IMO.

djagusch
01-31-2012, 06:18 PM
Your $400 dollar bid would be way high in all the areas I'm in. It's 5 acres, if it has not been bid low many times around $200 would be good. Guessing it will be around $150 if they get agressive bids.

With a 52" mower you are not set up to do the property profitably to the guy bidding with a 60" mower. If you your schedule is getting full and a 60" mower works on alot of your properties it might be good timing to buy a 60" and replace the 52" with a 48". The 60" mower will open up some time on your schedule for more work.

417lawncare
01-31-2012, 07:02 PM
ohh well maybe I wont get it, but I went ahead and submitted my bid at 375. If I do get it that would be awesome, I also offered free mulch service and flower bed "spruce up". I wont be upset if I dont get it cause this is my first commercial property bid of this size. If I do get it then Ill be at 12000 dollars more net profit for the year and will be buying a 61" scag cheetah specifically for this property and future use. either way ill be fine three out of three comercial bids I've placed so far this year have signed with me.

OrangeToys
02-03-2012, 04:07 PM
I am just getting into commercial accounts and am trying to bid on a church in my area, a BIG church. I used measurefromouterspace.com to get my SqFt measured, but after coming out to 203,000 and change, I will be measuring by foot tomorrow. So I want to charge by the sqft rather than hour on this property. Some other threads I have read say 10,000 sqft + they charge .002 per sqft thats $406.00 per mow. Since I am a residential mower that seems pretty high!

My question is, is that an reasonable price? I didnt figure in the weed whacking or blowing off the parking lot or sidewalks.

Whats the name of the church? Ill look it up online and see if I can help you out any. I don't bid on churches, so you don't have to worry about me under bidding you.