PDA

View Full Version : Striper worth the money?

chesterg
01-31-2012, 11:29 AM
I was wondering if the striper was work the $422 the dealers charge to go on a Turf tiger or not? I've never used one and was thinking about buying 1 when I get my Tiger in next week. Does it help a lot more? or will the mower do pretty good it-self. How would you say the striping ability of the tiger is? 1 to 100, and how is it with the striper on the mower 1 to 100%? Thanks for the info. ya know 4 hundreds a few bucks to me, but if it's that much better I'll bite the bullet. Thanks for all replys or opinions.

lawnboylova
01-31-2012, 11:49 AM
you can make one for far less

Landrus2
01-31-2012, 12:03 PM
Do you like the scenario if yes you got pay the extra bucks :waving:

orangemower
01-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Make sure the deck is set up correctly and it should stripe fine without it. Does it help, sure. It will leave a bolder stripe but you'll also beat the crap out of it. You can't drive up a ramp with it on or jump a curb, go through dips in the lawn. It works great on flat property but is cumbersome and would have to be taken off and put on to get on the trailer each time. Yes, I have one and used it for a few properties but it got old quick putting it on and off each time. I use it on my own place now and that's about it.

orangemower
01-31-2012, 12:05 PM
That last pic is very nice. Wish you had a wider angle to see more.

Lefet
01-31-2012, 12:08 PM
$400.00 seems like an awful lot to part with for something I can make and will work just as well. Without the added frustrations as mentioned above.

Richard Martin
01-31-2012, 12:34 PM
It will leave a bolder stripe but you'll also beat the crap out of it. You can't drive up a ramp with it on or jump a curb, go through dips in the lawn. It works great on flat property but is cumbersome and would have to be taken off and put on to get on the trailer each time.

I don't see why you are having so much trouble? I leave mne down a lot of the time and don't tear it up or have problems at all. Are you using a chain striper or something? I have a Big League Lawns striper.

orangemower
01-31-2012, 12:38 PM
Richard, I have the OEM Scag Tiger striper kit. It's different from the Big League kit you have. It doesn't fold up very far. I'd say maybe 3in or so. Once it goes as far as it can, it binds up and the weight of the mower is on it. I don't have any pics of the kit on the mower or I'd post one.

torotorotoro
01-31-2012, 12:41 PM
strippers are always worth the money

shadrach
01-31-2012, 12:42 PM
anybody else misread that as "stripper" the first time?

Lefet
01-31-2012, 12:46 PM
anybody else misread that as "stripper" the first time?

No because for once it was spelled right!! :clapping:

torotorotoro
01-31-2012, 12:54 PM
think of the lap dance you could get for $422

dishboy
01-31-2012, 01:31 PM
Stripping is great for covering up mediocre QOC of most large mowers offered IMO. If my mower left terrible wheel tracks and did not follow the contour of a TRUE floating deck I would have a stripping roller also.
Putting a 1200 lb tank on turf with a long wheelbase and offset blades and expect it to leave a nice cut is insanity IMO.