PDA

View Full Version : What to look for in a trailer

Derrick G
01-31-2012, 02:36 PM
Due to health reason my brother will no longer be able to maintain his property and my Mom's property. I am going to start maintaining it and need a trailer. It will have to carry a full size ZTR, pushmower, trimmer, and blower. I am figuring on a 6x12. From searching old threads I know I need a 3500lb axle, v-mounted tongue, and a wood deck. Is there anything else I need to look for in a trailer? Any brands to avoid? I want something that's going to last.

Lefet
01-31-2012, 02:55 PM
Honestly if you're just going to be using it for that, get what you want. You don't need to spend a ton of money on a trailer to run to your family's house. It wouldn't need any racks or anything, (throw those in the back of the truck). You'll maintain it, cover it in the winter, should last forever!

mowerbrad
01-31-2012, 06:52 PM
You seem to have hit most of the major things on a trailer and you know what size you want. I would just start going to a couple trailer dealers near you and see what they have. Take a look at them and see which ones are built decent, are priced reasonable and that you actually like.