PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a new trailer...need opinions and suggestions...

stuffdeer
01-31-2012, 06:07 PM
Hey everyone...

I'm in the market for a 7x16ft open trailer. I don't want some cheap angle iron trailer, but more so a heavy duty trailer that I wont have problems with.

There is a dealer that sells Sure-Trac trailers that I really like the look of. Not angle iron at all, all boxed steel.

Any other brands I should be looking at?

Thanks guys.

BTW, I'm from Michigan, but don't mind traveling to OH or IN.

CRQualityMowing
02-03-2012, 11:22 AM
I found a trailer in your area while searching for a 6.5x16 for myself. As far as the quality I'm not for sure on. It does have used tires, but brand new trailer. The price is good at $1,300. If it is close to you and you have the chance to stop by and take a look at one please let me know. Thanks.

Here is the link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/16ft-LANDSCAPE-EQUIPMENT-TRAILER-W-DROP-RAMP-GATE-MOTORCYCLE-ATV-/230726982639?pt=Trailers&hash=item35b8665bef

stuffdeer
02-03-2012, 11:47 AM
I've looked at their trailers before. They aren't horrible. But the sides are made of nothing buy angle iron. I was always taught a good way to test strength is by pushing on either of the front corners, and watching flex. There is quite a bit on these.

And that trailer isn't legal for commercial use in Michigan. You need brakes on both axles. I don't know the laws for OH

CRQualityMowing
02-03-2012, 01:55 PM
Are the sides strong enough to hold two weedeaters on a trimmer rack? I was just looking at the trailer as a possibility for a backup.

madskier1986
02-03-2012, 09:58 PM
I've looked at their trailers before. They aren't horrible. But the sides are made of nothing buy angle iron. I was always taught a good way to test strength is by pushing on either of the front corners, and watching flex. There is quite a bit on these.

And that trailer isn't legal for commercial use in Michigan. You need brakes on both axles. I don't know the laws for OH

I could be wrong, but I though that we can get away with brakes on one axle in the mitten. I am also looking for a new trailer and was thinking of finding a sure-trac dealer, as they have the tube trailers i think your looking for.

martinlawn29
02-04-2012, 01:12 AM
I am from Michigan and i have 3 trailers for sale ...2 trailers 18x7.5 and and integerty 20 foot viper trailer 20 x 7 let me know on here or pvt mesg me.

we here in michigan have to have brakes on at least one tire on each axle and suposed to have our dot numbers on the trailer let me know on these guys

stuffdeer
02-04-2012, 09:34 AM
Are the sides strong enough to hold two weedeaters on a trimmer rack? I was just looking at the trailer as a possibility for a backup.

Yeah def. I know quite a few guys that use these trailers. They aren't horrible, just not what I'm looking for.

ecurbthims
02-04-2012, 12:33 PM
definately a box tube trailer could be stronger than an angle iron one ,but they could also be weaker depending on the thickness of the metal tube .Also ,if crap gets inside the tube and starts holding moisture ,they can rot from the inside without you even knowing it's rotted right through .

bls47303
02-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Sure Trac trailers are made about 45 min from me. I have toured there facility they are really nice trailers. My dad purchased a 6.5X12 tube frame, led lights, electric brakes and it is built like a tank. My next trailer will come from there. I really like the high side trailers they have and im thinking to have one custom built with 5k axles instead of the 3500 lb axles.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-04-2012, 10:42 PM
I have heard good things about sure trac as well.