PDA

View Full Version : Finnally hiring a new employee out side my group of friends "NEED HELP HERE"

AdvLandscapeLLC
01-31-2012, 06:24 PM
So i'm finally giving in and soliciting a position for a new employee, For the last 2 years it has been myself and a close friend of mine but the work load has doubled and time to do it has not, I put an ad on craigslist and within 8 hours have 10 hits. Any tips or pointers in hiring people you do not know already? I plan on requiring applications to be sent in prior to the interview so I have time to review it and ask any questions in regards to the application at the time we meet. I have had a few send resumes at the first glimpse of the ad. I dont know how to handle a few of them one of them is this guy who has more qualifications for a graphic design\ animation career than pixar but he is looking for a $9-$15 an hour part time landscape job?? How do you handle that one? Then another guy has had 6 jobs in 5 years all of which lasting less than 1 year, could this indicate a troublesome employee? someone who hasnt found there niche? etc..

Then comes the question of what kind of contracts do you lock your part timers into? no compete, confidentiality etc..

:usflag:

JCinNJ
02-08-2012, 01:15 PM
craigslist was a nightmare for me so I started using a temp agency. I am now looking for someone outside the temp agency to save more money.

As laborers, power washing, soft washing and roof cleaning is much easier than what you lawn guys do and I have a hard time finding someone to drag a hose around a house.