PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a great 36 inch walkbehind mower

Rick13
01-31-2012, 08:12 PM
Hi, I'm new to Lawnsite website....and I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas on a great 36 inch walkbehind mower. I am looking at a Lesco WL90B walkbehind mower. 36 inch deck, 15 hp kawasaki gas engine, with hydrostatic drive. I would like to keep it around $3000.00-ish.
Thanks for your help.

Rick13
01-31-2012, 11:18 PM
Anyone have any ideas? I have a scag dealer in Rfk, IL...but their mower would be belt drive...not hyrdo. I like my Exmark z-turn...but I'm not to sure how good their walkbehinds are. I used to have a John Deere 54" walk behind mower...that was great....but I sold it to buy My Exmark 60" mower.

Any ideas? Or experence with Lesco???

unkownfl
01-31-2012, 11:47 PM
That's a really good deal for that mower. I wouldn't hesitate on running Lesco walk behinds. As long as you run the green ones they're great and made them for ever. Kawasaki engine hydro gear pumps and parker wheel motors. That's all the same stuff that's on the Scags and Toro/exmarks. The mower you're looking at is the exact mower that Gravely had a year ago. Now I think Gravely only has floating decks.

Rick13
02-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Thanks unknowfl! Do you think a Gravely would be close in price? The Lesco is a fixed deck. And everything I cut now is flat....and the areas that I will target for new yards is pretty flat. It would be nice to have a floating deck....and we have a Gravely dealer in Loves Park (which is close to Rockford). Thanks again for your help.

unkownfl
02-01-2012, 01:39 PM
the hydro gravely is close to 5k. the fixed deck in 36 is fine.

Rick13
02-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Thanks unknowfl. I read in a different thread I read, some guys were talking about the new Toro 30" Time Saver walk behind. It just started showning up at some Home Depot stores and its around $1000.00. Not quite commercial but maybe a good cheap mower if the rear yard isn't too overgrown.

unkownfl
02-01-2012, 10:06 PM
I would seriously consider a used belt drive for 800 or less rather than buying that throw away mower. Chances are anything that breaks on the timemaster will cost about what it's worth to fix. If you're not going to use a sulky its not worth buying a hydro. I don't have any walk behind hydros only gear drives(belt) units. I use to use hydros but I've replaced them with non-walkbehind mowers as the cost is similar.

Rick13
02-01-2012, 10:17 PM
So you think maybe a Scag 36" walkbehind? The price is about the same as the Lesco hydro. The Scag is belt driven. A lot of people say Scags cut tall, long, wet grass very good. Plus I would be buying from a local dealer...the dealer selling the Lesco is about 70 miles away...and I won't go there for any service. Plus belt driven mower are cheaper to operate...right?

ralph02813
02-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Hi, I'm new to Lawnsite website....and I was wondering if anyone has any good ideas on a great 36 inch walkbehind mower. I am looking at a Lesco WL90B walkbehind mower. 36 inch deck, 15 hp kawasaki gas engine, with hydrostatic drive. I would like to keep it around $3000.00-ish.
Thanks for your help.

Ferris 36 hydro, I love mine! Give a really nice cut.

unkownfl
02-02-2012, 12:03 PM
If the Lesco and Scag are the same price being the Lesco is a hydro I would make the drive for the lesco hands down. Once you get the mower I have a feeling you're going to want a Velke for it too. The Lesco is a copy of the scag deck from the 90's or they might have bought the rights to it. I have had those lescos with over 2000 hours on them with never even cracking into the hydros. I wouldn't buy a new belt drive. I feel they're well over priced and would take my chances on buying a really low hour unit for 1200 bucks instead of paying 3500 for a new one. Then again I could fix anything that could possible go wrong with it too. They're very simple machines. When you get into the hydro stuff then you start to need more specialized tools. The ferris is a nice machine but if it's the single hydro system it sucks. Also, the timed deck can cause some complications too, but they cut really good.

FellowLandscaper
02-03-2012, 04:33 AM
Thanks for your help.

Hello, I am Brian owner of a local landscaping company in Cary/Crystal Lake, IL. area. I currently have the following up for sale that you might be interested in.

2009 Great Dane 36" Hydro walk behind mower with a grass catcher and scamper 17 hp Kawasaki Engine, non flat front tires. under 450 hours and it just needs to be power washed down. I am getting out of the business and selling all equipment, and Customer contracts to a fellow landscaper that is interested in buying me out or just buying out certain things from me.

let me know if you are interested!! Call me 847-366-1899 if you want to take a look at it and or have me send you pictures.

Rick13
02-05-2012, 12:50 PM
Thanks Brian / FellowLandscaper for the help. I might spend a bit more and go with a Scag from my local dealer. I need to make two more payments and or get my taxes turned in, and then order a 36" Pro-V Walk-behind with 16 hp Kawasaki engine.

The belt version of the Scag is less...so for more than $600 to $800 I can move up to hydro, better deck, and better spindles. Granted I will have a payment, but then I will also have a warranty too.

Do you happen to have a trailer that you might be selling? If so, I might be interested in upgrading to a newer trailer. Send some pictures if so to, BestRockfordYards@gmail.com

Thanks,

Rick

Jhartman
02-05-2012, 01:40 PM
I just ended up with a Lesco 48" WB in hydro from my local dealer for about $2200 got it yesterday!

ralph02813
02-05-2012, 01:41 PM
I just ended up with a Lesco 48" WB in hydro from my local dealer for about $2200 got it yesterday!

I'll give you $24:cool2::cool2::cool2:

daves306
02-07-2012, 03:28 PM
Do yourself a favor and take a look at the Hustler Turf Trimstar 36". Not sure what current pricing is on them, but that H-bar steering is slick.

yourlawnguy1
02-07-2012, 04:05 PM
Toro 36" is where it's at. T BAR control is really nice!

JayD
02-12-2012, 08:16 PM
I have some nice things for sale as I am getting out....

Look in "Free Equipment & Parts Marketplace" post= "Getting out, take a look"