PDA

View Full Version : Quote for Commercial Properties

Stephen05
02-01-2012, 09:08 AM
I was wondering if any of you may be able to give me your opinion on what you would charge for doing 125 properties (cutting, weedwacking, edging and blowing surfaces) in a 55+ development in New Jersey. The properties are no bigger then 2500 sq ft. In all honesty I dont have experience giving bids like this and would really appreciate some advice of where i should be for cutting these properties. I know if it were a regular house we start our pricing at 30 including everything but I know I will have to cut a break, being that all of these properties border one another and they do not have any fences. I was thinking around 20 a property? Any advice would be very helpful! Thank you!

CHRIS92789
02-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Where in Nj is a big factor... Theres a huge diff. between newark and rumson. lol how often are you cutting them? Why would you give a break of that much? 30.00 seems really cheap anyway!

Guzzo856
02-01-2012, 09:22 AM
whats the name of the community

Stephen05
02-01-2012, 09:25 AM
The Properties are located in Vineland.

orangemower
02-01-2012, 10:01 AM
I know you don't want to hear this but if you don't know how to bid on them you should pass. I wouldn't ask perfect strangers how to price MY work. Besides, how can anyone on here determine a price without seeing the properties? It can't be done without guessing. You need to price it to make money. I take it you know what your bottom dollar is right? So apply that to each property. Why would you lowball each one at $20? I can't see making money at that price.

32vld
02-01-2012, 10:57 AM
Questions you must answer:

How long to do each property?
How much does it cost you to run your business per hour?
How much profit do you need to clear per hour?

To make math easy.

50 prop's take 1/2 hr ea, 25 hours, about 3 days work.

Cost $20 hr.

You need to pay your self $160 a day $800 wk is your goal.
So $20 hr x 25 hr = $500 for 3 days work.

So you charge $40 hr.

Costs is just not gas, maintenance, repairs, replacement money set aside to buy new truck, trailer, mower, etc, as needed, insurance and license fees.

Then if you have employees..........

Mahoney3223
02-01-2012, 11:01 AM
You guys aren't very bright sometimes. No one on here would think twice about trying to swoop in and bid your job your talking about. Never post where the property is. Search the business management forum for "procut1". He has a really really good post on your question.

Stephen05
02-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Mahoney I appreciate your thoughts and concern but I'm quite sure majority of us consider who we would pass on a job location too. If any guy on here decides to "swoop" in and check out vineland area for a potential contract he has a better chance of getting pregnant.

Glenn Lawn Care
02-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Charge each property separately and then add everything up and there is you bid.

Mahoney3223
02-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Mahoney I appreciate your thoughts and concern but I'm quite sure majority of us consider who we would pass on a job location too. If any guy on here decides to "swoop" in and check out vineland area for a potential contract he has a better chance of getting pregnant.

Well there has been a pregnant man on t.v. so you better check your back!

CrimsonMaintenance
02-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Is that 2500 sq ft of grass or structure and grass? Does that include back yards? Gates? What size gates determines the mower you use and the extra time it takes to cut open grass. Cut one and see how long it takes then bid accordingly.

WildLake
02-03-2012, 01:42 PM
125 units @20 ea is $2500. I guarantee you are not even in the ballpark. Assuming there is little to no large areas of common ground, lots of sidewalks to edge, and lots of trees all over, a property like that would likely go for well under $1000 for just mowing and maybe as little as 400-500 depending. Those types of properties however usually add all services (mulch, apps, leaves, pruning, etc) total them up and divide the total into twelve payments. We don't make a fortune on the annual contracts but when they need extras like trees removed, a wall installed or whatever, we charge top dollar for those items and most always win those bids due to our relationship with the Board. The large HOAs are a totally different beast than normal residential.

417lawncare
02-03-2012, 02:46 PM
125 units @20 ea is $2500. I guarantee you are not even in the ballpark. Assuming there is little to no large areas of common ground, lots of sidewalks to edge, and lots of trees all over, a property like that would likely go for well under $1000 for just mowing and maybe as little as 400-500 depending. Those types of properties however usually add all services (mulch, apps, leaves, pruning, etc) total them up and divide the total into twelve payments. We don't make a fortune on the annual contracts but when they need extras like trees removed, a wall installed or whatever, we charge top dollar for those items and most always win those bids due to our relationship with the Board. The large HOAs are a totally different beast than normal residential.

Exactly, no way a 55+ comunity with 125 properties is gonna pay 10k a month for this. Id say at most 1600 a month. unless ur prunning trees, triming hedges etc. but even then ur not lokin at over 2000 a month. Another note I have several commercial properties which I charge 8 months of service over 12 payments, they will most likely prefer it this way, and you get paid even in the off season. So my 3 commercial properties i charge like that still revenue 2000 a month in the off season. 6000 for no work.

Guzzo856
02-03-2012, 04:10 PM
whats the name of the place, i will check it out on google maps their probably right. I have experiences with them but i stay clear of them do to that reason. I like dealing with Apartments jmo

WildLake
02-03-2012, 05:14 PM
whats the name of the place, i will check it out on google maps their probably right. I have experiences with them but i stay clear of them do to that reason. I like dealing with Apartments jmo

Ill give you the address of all my bids too!

Armadillolawncare
02-04-2012, 07:33 PM
I bid a larger property like this a few years back. It was 112 lots plus their common areas. I ended up being one of their higher bids. The yards were mostly yards I would charge $35 per cut for. I think I bid it at $25 per cut but still lost out to a large commercial company who bid it at $12 per cut.

ProtosLandscapingLLC
02-05-2012, 10:53 PM
yea okay GUZZO your company has exploded enough around glassboro, nj any relation to the guzzo landscaping up there? no wonder you want to know where this devlopement is guzzo stucco is all over vineland......and i doubt you just do apt complex's pshhh.....

PROCUT1
02-06-2012, 01:22 AM
Try this

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=341624

grassmasterswilson
02-06-2012, 07:20 AM
probably gonna have to bid $10-15 per property for mowing only. Just make sure you know your cost. With a property like this the gas, labor, and repairs could be more than the price per cut if you aren't careful.