PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Make Your Routes

Wright48
02-01-2012, 04:47 PM
Just wondering how everyone makes there routes for there crews to follow each year ? Im having trouble finding a good system to use

grass-scapes
02-01-2012, 04:54 PM
Please do a search.

I use Qxpress with the mapping option. Some use Google, some use Realgreen with mapping.

Search.

weeze
02-01-2012, 05:25 PM
i'm solo but i guess i'm lucky in this aspect. i live in the middle of a V. two roads. one goes to one city and one goes to the other. i can also go the other way and get to another small town. so i can get to any of them in the same amount of time. i do jobs in one city altogether and jobs in the other altogether and so on. obviously i spend more than one day in each city. you can use maps to figure it out i guess if you cover a very large area but if you have a tight route and know your city or cities pretty well then just figure out how many yards can be done in a day and send a crew to that specific area of the city and another crew to another area, etc. etc.

sven1277
02-01-2012, 05:40 PM
I figured out the route years ago based on geography with the higher end area being cut on Friday and all commercial on Monday. It just gets tweaked each year as customers come and go.