PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Transfer Tank

bls47303
02-01-2012, 06:46 PM
Thinking about using a fuel transfer tank this year to cut down on stopping at the gas station every morning. Thoughts?

Landrus2
02-01-2012, 06:53 PM
Do you Need some kind permit to carry this cell?:waving:

TNGrassCutter
02-01-2012, 06:58 PM
I don't think many of them are intended for gasoline. Most people here use them for ORD.
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower
02-01-2012, 07:44 PM
Thinking about using a fuel transfer tank this year to cut down on stopping at the gas station every morning. Thoughts?

The way I see it, you'll still have to stop for fuel, but to me, you'll spend more time filling everything up plus the time it takes to fill the mowers from the transfer tank. I can only see it helping if you have to drive out of the way to fill up. Other then that, I think you're going to spend even more time dealing with fuel then you would if you just stop each morning.

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
02-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Gotta be careful. I don't know anyone that uses a transfer for gas.
Posted via Mobile Device

R & R Yard Designs
02-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Transfer flow is one of them that can work with gas
Posted via Mobile Device

bls47303
02-01-2012, 09:53 PM
ive got a tank that will work with gas. dont have to have a permit to carry it just has to be marked. my thoughts where i can fill up while everyone is getting to the shop and dont have 3 paid people setting in the trucks while filling everything up at the gas station. plus they will all have to go inside and get something to eat/drink and then we are burining time we could be out mowing.

bls47303
02-01-2012, 09:54 PM
filling from the transfer tank will actully be faster than the pump at the gas station because the pump on the tank is rated higher gpm then a standard pump at the station

DEPENDABLE LANDSCAPING
02-01-2012, 10:44 PM
Then so it. Sounds like you have thought it out and have a plan. Good luck to all.
Posted via Mobile Device

clc19chase
02-01-2012, 11:56 PM
I have a custom made 24 gallon tank on the tongue of my enclosed trailer. I keep (3) two and a half gallon cans for mix gas on top of my fender boxes in the trailer. When I need mixed gas, I can take a can(or 2 or 3) to the tongue, and gravity feed into the cans. Its much more convenient mixing mixing 22-24 gallons at a time than 2 or 5 gallons all the time.

crazymike
02-02-2012, 12:32 AM
ive got a tank that will work with gas. dont have to have a permit to carry it just has to be marked. my thoughts where i can fill up while everyone is getting to the shop and dont have 3 paid people setting in the trucks while filling everything up at the gas station. plus they will all have to go inside and get something to eat/drink and then we are burining time we could be out mowing.

This is key to a successful business.

Efficiency.

It might not seem like much, but say you have 3 guys, they spend 20 minutes a day getting fuel. That's an entire man hour PER DAY getting fuel. You're only fooling yourself if you say it takes them 5 minutes, it simply doesn't. One of them will run into bathroom, get coffee, lineups, lights to turn into a gas station, etc...

To each his own, but I hate paying people to sit around when it's preventable. I like the trucks to be full at the beginning of the day whenever possible.

bls47303
02-02-2012, 12:58 AM
I often mow a fiew in the evening after everyone elce is done for the day so the other thought i had was i can fill up on the way home then fill the other truck and mowers off of the tank so im not paying anyone to set at the gas station. id like to cut it down to where we stop 30 to 45 min for lunch and thats it. if you have to pee go find a tree someplace out of sight

Valk
02-02-2012, 01:14 AM
Tanks that are full overnight have less internal room for condensation...so topping off fuel tanks after the day's last job makes good sense.