PDA

View Full Version : 31 Kohler EFI in TT - anyone running?

pblc
02-01-2012, 09:26 PM
Is there anyone running the newer Kohler 31 EFI on the Scag Turf Tigers? Dealer made us a very good offer for a couple of these machines. I haven't been able to find very much feedback on this set-up so anything would be appreciated.

I'm assuming its the same engine Exmark is running, but I am not sure....

Thanks. :usflag:

pblc
02-02-2012, 11:28 AM
Looks like a big goose egg for the 31 Kohler EFI.....

djagusch
02-02-2012, 11:42 AM
I think they are a very low volume unit. Seems like the 29dfi and 35 Briggs are the most common sold.

SouthSide Cutter
02-02-2012, 04:06 PM
Is there anyone running the newer Kohler 31 EFI on the Scag Turf Tigers? Dealer made us a very good offer for a couple of these machines. I haven't been able to find very much feedback on this set-up so anything would be appreciated.

I'm assuming its the same engine Exmark is running, but I am not sure....

Thanks. :usflag:

Only 31 I have seen are DFI and they are as good as the 29 Kaw DFI according to the dealer and the guys around here running them. Plus they have more than the 2hp difference.

sven1277
02-02-2012, 06:15 PM
I have 2 tt's with that engine. Overall the engine is fine. One of the machines kept blowing the cpu. Kohler finally came out with a diode that needed to be installed. So far so good. They don't really like starting at 25 degrees and the tabs on the dust screen for the radiator need to be reinforced. I had to replace a starter motor under warranty. But otherwise no real problems. The 2 machines have 500hrs and 800hrs each. I bought the tt's the first year the engine came out. If it wasn't for Kohler offering a 3yr warranty on the engine, I would have passed.