PDA

View Full Version : Pics of Enclosed Trailer interior

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-02-2012, 01:10 AM
Do any of you guys that run enclosed's have a few pics you can post of your custom trailer interiors? I just picked up a 7x14 and want some ideas on storage customization. More specifically, interested in homemade shelving/storage areas for gas cans, tools, small handhelds, etc. I do have Xtreme racks I will be taking off my landscape trailer and installing in the enclosed.

Thanks!

professional
02-02-2012, 08:57 AM
I'll get a couple of pics in a little bit. You'll have to excuse the mess, this time of year the trailer is used more for storage than anything. Everything that I can think of is from Home Depot. Simple and rugged.

blk90s13
02-02-2012, 09:43 AM
this is not mine but its a great video for reference

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQD9lTxFrto&feature=bf_next&list=HL1328190040&lf=mh_lolz

Lefet
02-02-2012, 11:11 AM
DA no pics of then new trailer???????

professional
02-02-2012, 02:52 PM
Here they are. The orange coated hooks are called tornado from Home Depot and Lowes. I use an eye screwed in to attach a bungie just to keep things from bouncing loose. Never had anything come out. Rack at front of trailer is from Home Depot, cost about $100 on sale. Last pic shows the fence rail holder that I used to secure the rack to the front of the trailer.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-02-2012, 03:30 PM
DA no pics of then new trailer???????

Don't have it yet, supposed to get in a few weeks.

Also, Professional, those are great pics thanks.
Gives me a few ideas.
Can I ask, when you put your hooks/fasteners up, did you tap into the aluminum/steel frame members or just screw into the sidewall plywood?

DA

Lefet
02-02-2012, 08:28 PM
Gotcha DA.

Professional, is that a spring loaded clip holding that Redmax trimmer?

professional
02-02-2012, 10:29 PM
I do not go into the framing. I ordered the trailer with 3/4" plywood. The screws that come with the tornado hooks are about that long. Everything I put in is no longer than 1". If you go into the steel, movement and vibration will work it loose anyway. The screws in the hooks are hollow so they kind of compress as they are screwed in. This keeps them from backing out. The red max has a bungee that just loops over and under to keep it from bouncing out of the hook while in transit. All I have to do to get it out is unhook one end and the tool or machine is available to be removed. All of the tools and machines are held in place this way. I have never had any tool or machine come out when in transit.

GravelyGuy
02-02-2012, 10:50 PM
Self tapping screws are your friend with an enclosed trailer.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-02-2012, 11:19 PM
Self tapping screws are your friend with an enclosed trailer.

Meaning you must tap into the frame for some fasteners, correct?
Otherwise if you were just going into wood, would just use wood screws.

GravelyGuy
02-03-2012, 12:39 AM
Meaning you must tap into the frame for some fasteners, correct?
Otherwise if you were just going into wood, would just use wood screws.

Yes, anything you hang needs to go into metal. Wood screws will not hold up.

Fritz0
02-03-2012, 01:27 AM
[QUOTE=DA Quality Lawn & YS;4294914]Do any of you guys that run enclosed's have a few pics you can post of your custom trailer interiors? I just picked up a 7x14 and want some ideas on storage customization. More specifically, interested in homemade shelving/storage areas for gas cans, tools, small handhelds, etc. I do have Xtreme racks I will be taking off my landscape trailer and installing in the enclosed.

Maybe this will help.
Check out this video on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ricpLKmlGG0&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Posted via Mobile Device

appalachianoutdoors
02-05-2012, 10:15 AM
here are a few of one of my trailers. works well for most of my everyday mowing needs. I used a shower rack i found at a yard sale to make a small can/bottle rack. I used a trailer spring holder to make a lock down to help protect my hedge trimmer from being grabbed. The Xtreme rack locks down most all of the other trimmers and such.:usflag:

Lefet
02-05-2012, 11:29 AM
I like the grease gun right there!!

appalachianoutdoors
02-05-2012, 12:08 PM
I like the grease gun right there!!

Grainger.com has a made in the usa grease gun holder for like $8. Has helped to keep from getting grease everywhere.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lefet
02-05-2012, 12:16 PM
I didn't realize it had a special holder too. I just liked the idea of it being right there, hard to forget, no reason why they shouldn't be maintained!

appalachianoutdoors
02-05-2012, 12:37 PM
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/LINCOLN-Grease-Gun-Holder-6Y855?Pid=search
There is the link to grainger.

appalachianoutdoors
02-05-2012, 12:42 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=366765

Lefet
02-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Pretty slick, kind of like a fire extinguisher holder. Nice job on the trimmer lock too.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-05-2012, 05:36 PM
This is all really good guys, thanks!

Also, does anyone recommend using E-Track on trailer walls as opposed to just individual hooks/fasteners, etc?

GravelyGuy
02-05-2012, 05:46 PM
I have Etrack on the walls and floor. It's good stuff.