PDA

View Full Version : YANAMAR tractor ??

Currier
11-27-2002, 12:19 AM
Does anybody know anything about Yanamar utility tractors? Here is the ad:

YANAMAR YM155D tractor w/front loader. 4x4 perfect cond. 15 hp diesel with 256 hours. 4' rear blade kubota mower deck $5600.00.

What I am looking for: A small utility tractor used mainly for moving mulch and some rock. Needs to fit in smaller gated areas, and needs to be able to manuver without tearing up grass. I will also use this tool to light grade and backfill trenches from sprinkler installations. At this point skidsteers seem a little much, and I'm wanting something that can fit on my trailer and basically let me throw away the shovel and wheelbarrow.

Does this YANAMAR fit the bill?

hosejockey2002
11-28-2002, 01:41 PM
The Yanmar 155D is a great little tractor. It is probably about 20 years old. Yanmar built most of John Deere's compacts and the quality of Yanmar is equal to or better than Kubota, John Deere or anything else available during that time period. I have a grey market (imported used from Japan) model similar to the 169D which is a little bigger than the 155, and it is extremely reliable and well built. For more info, go to tractorbynet.com , scroll down to the Yanmar group and either do a search on the 155D or post your question. The price seems pretty good.

Currier
11-28-2002, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the info! I will be looking at it on Saturday. I'll let you know...

Currier
11-29-2002, 10:48 PM
Well I did it. I had just about talked myself out of spending$$ then I saw the tractor and how it worked. What a great little tractor. I could have used this tractor tons this last summer. Lord willing I am buying a 5 acre property in the near future and this liuttle machine will be just perfect!

As soon as I got it home I started moving 2" cobble (landscaping before i sell:)) It really seem to do a nice job and it has definately opened up some the possibility for new business opportunities

saktate
12-06-2002, 07:37 AM
Currier, I own the same Yanmar 155D for more than 20 years now. This continues to be the most dependable piece of equipment on the property. Maintenance is the key of course and you will find it easy. BTW, I wouldn't sell mine for less than $6000. Well done!

Currier
12-06-2002, 11:30 PM
Thanks for the info saktate! I have used it several times in the last week and am very happy about this purchase. The for wheel drive and diesel engine really make this a versatile little machine.

After using it a few times I am quite happy with the purchase price.