PDA

View Full Version : Need new truck tires

KS_Grasscutter
02-02-2012, 04:40 PM
Well in order to pass DOT inspection (as well as have a level of security while going down the road) I need a new set of tires on the mowing truck. It's a 2wd F250 with dump bed. I have kinda narrowed it down to a Firestone Transforce, in either a HT or AT. Any pros/cons to either? I don't really think I need an AT tire on it, the only time it's not on pavement is when I go dump grass at the landfill, which 90% of the time is packed dry dirt, the other 10 I would be better off with a 4x4 with MT's haha.

Anyone run the Transforce Tires? Any other tires I should look at? I've had Dayton Timberlines I was pretty happy with. I put BFG AT's on a different truck, was happy enough with those but they were expensive as hell. I'm gonna be in the $800 range with the Firestones.

R & R Yard Designs
02-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Look in to treadwight.com. great prices
Posted via Mobile Device

mmacsek
02-04-2012, 08:47 AM
Well in order to pass DOT inspection (as well as have a level of security while going down the road) I need a new set of tires on the mowing truck. It's a 2wd F250 with dump bed. I have kinda narrowed it down to a Firestone Transforce, in either a HT or AT. Any pros/cons to either? I don't really think I need an AT tire on it, the only time it's not on pavement is when I go dump grass at the landfill, which 90% of the time is packed dry dirt, the other 10 I would be better off with a 4x4 with MT's haha.

Anyone run the Transforce Tires? Any other tires I should look at? I've had Dayton Timberlines I was pretty happy with. I put BFG AT's on a different truck, was happy enough with those but they were expensive as hell. I'm gonna be in the $800 range with the Firestones.

I have a 96 F-250 2WD that I just replaced the front tires and they were transforce HT. I got 62,000 miles out of them and was very pleased. I have a mud/snow tire on the rear so they were never rotated. The only reason I didn't replace them with the same is I'm not sure how long I will keep the truck. It does have 220,000 miles on it. Matt

weapons of grass destruction
02-07-2012, 01:12 AM
check tire rack really good prices

NEW CITY LAWN CARE LLC
02-07-2012, 01:47 AM
Look in to treadwight.com. great prices
Posted via Mobile Device

How well do these re-treads last and hold up, etc..???

Valk
02-07-2012, 11:19 AM
check tire rack really good prices

I come prepared w/ Tirerack's webpage on my iPhone and simply show my local tire dealer the specific tire(s) and Tirerack's delivered price for a set of four. They match it EVERY time.

KS_Grasscutter
02-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Welp I went and got em put on today. $803 for the set, mounted, balanced, stems, tax, etc. I just hope I will be happy with the HT tires.

J&R Landscaping
02-07-2012, 06:40 PM
The HT's will be fine for a 2wd truck. You should be good for around 45,000 miles or so with rotations every 10k miles.

Bigred350
02-07-2012, 08:58 PM
Ive got the transforces on all 4 of my one ton dumps. very happy with them and I think you would to.