PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only LCO in CT that did a Mulch job in late JAN?

soloscaperman
02-02-2012, 06:25 PM
I removed a lot of brush and the customers wanted me to lay down mulch. I kind of needed the money but tried to push it till late March or early April. I had a neighbor standing out of his front door looking at me unloading it from my truck. What an awkward moment lol. Hey if spring wants to come early then do your spring work ;-)

Lefet
02-02-2012, 06:27 PM
I would LOVE to get out there!! We've got a few jobs that are waiting....... just waiting........

soloscaperman
02-02-2012, 06:46 PM
This winter I only plowed twice the first was in October near Halloween. I only did a few since it melted quickly. I have done about 6 side jobs this winter from brush removal, tree work, and mulch.

Lefet
02-02-2012, 06:57 PM
Plow? What's a plow???? :laugh:

hackitdown
02-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Plow? What's a plow???? :laugh:

It is a big yellow blade that scrapes money off the ground.

ALEX'S LANDSCAPING
02-02-2012, 09:24 PM
I blew leaves today.
NOT a lie!

Kelly's Landscaping
02-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Don't ask the guys online this if they were working they wouldn't see the post. If you really did want to know I think the mulch supplier could tell you when you went to the yard and ask so you selling much mulch these days? My guess is your the only one I once finished my fall clean ups on Feb 1st but we had gotten interrupted with snow like 5 times that season I think that was 2006.

Lefet
02-03-2012, 01:00 PM
It is a big yellow blade that scrapes money off the ground.

And how much "money" have YOU seen laying around lately????

soloscaperman
02-03-2012, 01:01 PM
Don't ask the guys online this if they were working they wouldn't see the post. If you really did want to know I think the mulch supplier could tell you when you went to the yard and ask so you selling much mulch these days? My guess is your the only one I once finished my fall clean ups on Feb 1st but we had gotten interrupted with snow like 5 times that season I think that was 2006.

My town has free mulch. The customer wanted it for the back yard on a cliff near the woods. I don't like using the towns mulch to begin with.

weeze
02-03-2012, 01:05 PM
i do all the mulch jobs in the fall around november/december during the same time i do leaf cleanups. it's too hot in the spring here to do that kind of thing plus mowing is going full swing in the spring.

KS_Grasscutter
02-03-2012, 01:20 PM
I did my first spring cleanup the other day lol. We had our first thunderstorm last night, its still kinda raining, will end up with around 2 inches. The lawns have already started greening up. Hopefully be an early start to make up for the lack of snow this winter.
Posted via Mobile Device

orangemower
02-03-2012, 01:37 PM
I did my first spring cleanup the other day lol. We had our first thunderstorm last night, its still kinda raining, will end up with around 2 inches. The lawns have already started greening up. Hopefully be an early start to make up for the lack of snow this winter.
Posted via Mobile Device

What scares me is the fact that there hasn't been any snow. Does that mean it's going to be a even dryer summer or will all the moisture come during the summer? This is the warmest winter around here in a long time. We got a good 10" storm way back in Oct and the next day it was almost 60 out! Something fishy is going on with the weather.

weeze
02-03-2012, 06:10 PM
it's been raining here like crazy all winter and temps are unusually warm. it basically floods every week. temps in the 60's in jan/feb which is nuts. the yards are greening up here already. weeds are starting to grow. i think the only thing holding the grass back is at night the temps go down to 30's and 40's.

soloscaperman
02-04-2012, 08:45 AM
Posted via Mobile Device

With only being in business for about 3-4 years I notice things always even out at the end. No doubt we will have erratic weather this year from a lot of rain to hot temps and no rain for weeks.