PDA

View Full Version : Active Chinch Found!

abrightday
02-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Yup, Active chinch in Central Florida this week. Found then in Deltona, Cocoa and Lake Mary,,a one, two, and three, HERE WE GO AGAIN!! Whoo- Whoo! That's what keeps us in the Biz.
www.YourLandscapePro.com:dizzy:

PlantscapeSolutions
02-03-2012, 12:58 AM
I'd like to see a picture of them. We never have then here in central Texas until June at the earliest. Those SOB's are so heat & sun loving I wouldn't expect them to be active unless we had sustained temps in the upper 80's for at least a month.

jvanvliet
02-03-2012, 05:25 AM
Overun down here in SE Palm Beach County. People the browning out of their lawns is cold related.

Glad I got a good pest guy.

Florida's Suncoast Lawn Care
02-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Yup, Active chinch in Central Florida this week. Found then in Deltona, Cocoa and Lake Mary,,a one, two, and three, HERE WE GO AGAIN!! Whoo- Whoo! That's what keeps us in the Biz.
www.YourLandscapePro.com:dizzy:

www.YourLandscapePro.com
The back round color of your website is hard on the eyes. It also makes it hard to read the text. Just Google up some images of grass for the top and be done with the bad color scheme. :confused:

PlantscapeSolutions
02-03-2012, 12:03 PM
www.YourLandscapePro.com
The back round color of your website is hard on the eyes. It also makes it hard to read the text. Just Google up some images of grass for the top and be done with the bad color scheme. :confused:

I'm not saying my website is award winning but I agree it's hard on the eyes. Three shades of green text is a bit much. Some of the pictures load slowly as well. That one scanned page is hard on the eyes. Through places like web.com and others you can get your website hosted for $50 a month and improve the look. I really want to go to the custom level with my website but don't want to spend a bunch of money every month.

02-03-2012, 10:20 PM
I'm not saying my website is award winning but I agree it's hard on the eyes. Three shades of green text is a bit much. Some of the pictures load slowly as well. That one scanned page is hard on the eyes. Through places like web.com and others you can get your website hosted for $50 a month and improve the look. I really want to go to the custom level with my website but don't want to spend a bunch of money every month.

I went with Fatcow.com it's $44 for a year. $100 google ad credits, and $50 facebook ad credit. It's cool seeing my ad in facebook like the others. I have it setup for this area only in a 20 mile radius. Plus my phone number is on it. So they really don't even need to click it to see my number. It cost about 75 cents a click. I just started it 4 days ago and it's up to $12 of the credit so far.
Realistically I can open another fatcow account for $44 a year and get $150 in credits again if I want. Start a slew of different websites. :-)

PlantscapeSolutions
02-03-2012, 11:12 PM
I went with Fatcow.com it's $44 for a year. $100 google ad credits, and $50 facebook ad credit. It's cool seeing my ad in facebook like the others. I have it setup for this area only in a 20 mile radius. Plus my phone number is on it. So they really don't even need to click it to see my number. It cost about 75 cents a click. I just started it 4 days ago and it's up to $12 of the credit so far.
Realistically I can open another fatcow account for $44 a year and get $150 in credits again if I want. Start a slew of different websites. :-)

Let us know if your clicks create any leads or just bills. Stay away from CitySearch or CityScam as I think it should be called in my opinion. I had 276 clicks, a bill for about $400, and one phone call to show for it.

02-03-2012, 11:18 PM
Let us know if your clicks create any leads or just bills. Stay away from CitySearch or CityScam as I think it should be called in my opinion. I had 276 clicks, a bill for about $400, and one phone call to show for it.

Ya it's up to $13.24 now with over 9000 possible viewers seeing it so far. The click rate and viewers that it showed the ad to are climbing. I do like the slow click rate though for 9000 people 15 clicks isn't too much i don't think.

I'm really considering opening more fatcow accounts to get the ad credits.

Google sent me an email for $100 ad credit too. So I used that and now have $200 in google ad credits. Funny stuff. I used a different email to setup another Google account is how.

bug-guy
02-04-2012, 06:07 AM
as far as the chinch bugs go, what did we all expect with such a mild winter!!

Split Rock Superintendent
02-04-2012, 07:47 AM
Mr. Able,

I could not help noticing that you and your employee in the spraying in the photos of your website are not wearing the protective clothing that is required by law.

I am pretty sure that you are not spraying straight fertilizer but a mix of fungicides, insecticides, and herbicides.

Where are your protective eyewear, rubber gloves and long sleeved shirt?

abrightday
02-04-2012, 10:59 AM
Actually I was spraying cleated iron only, and my son, who works with me, was only spraying horticultural oils, soooo there!

abrightday
02-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Oh and I appreciate the feed back on our web site,,as a non computer type, who did it all by his lonesome on yahoo, it's ok for now,,but I'll see about changing the background,, I'm limited to what yahoo offers right now,, but as we grow and more money is available better things will come.
www.YourLandscapePro.com