PDA

View Full Version : reliable 3-4 in chipper shredder

scottslawncareav
02-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Im looking for a reliable chipper to start cleaning up some mess i have acquired last year. Just looking to get rid of 3-4 inch branches, some leaves, and some shrubs anything about 4 in or bigger ill burn. anyone know of a real good smaller chipper i could use year after year? ;)

Az Gardener
02-03-2012, 11:25 AM
Ditto that. I have been looking for the same size to mount on by cab over dump trucks so I can make fewer dump runs.

scottslawncareav
02-06-2012, 11:45 AM
know body uses 3-4 in chippers or what?????

Jason Rose
02-06-2012, 12:40 PM
Something capable of chipping 3 to 4 inch diameter limbs, in any sort of timely manner, is going to be a trailer mounted, towable machine, diesel powered preferred.

Here's the Vermeer, smallest model they offer with a 27 hp kohler.

http://www2.vermeer.com/vermeer/NA/en/N/equipment/brush_chippers/bc600xl

You can find them used, often from rental companies, or larger ones from tree services that maybe went out of business for pretty cheap, compared to the cost of new. I'd love to have one if I had much to chip up!

Dr.NewEarth
02-06-2012, 01:45 PM
I have a BearCat Chipper. We hardly ever use it. A pickup truck load of branches takes an hour or more for one person to chip. It's slow going.

I usually call in a sub contractor with a tow behind chipper to do big clean-ups.

ralph02813
02-07-2012, 11:43 AM
I have a BearCat Chipper. We hardly ever use it. A pickup truck load of branches takes an hour or more for one person to chip. It's slow going.

I usually call in a sub contractor with a tow behind chipper to do big clean-ups.

I do the same!

scottslawncareav
02-07-2012, 12:12 PM
well thanks for the info i don't need anything real big though i don't mind taking the piles down little by little at least it will fill my days in the winter.