PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone every converted from pistol grips?

whoopassonthebluegrass
02-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Just curious whether anybody has ever converted a pistol grip mower to some other control system?

knox gsl
02-03-2012, 05:30 PM
Not sure how on most machines but exmarks older TTs with pistols can be changed over to ECS if you have all the parts.

whoopassonthebluegrass
02-03-2012, 05:41 PM
Not sure how on most machines but exmarks older TTs with pistols can be changed over to ECS if you have all the parts.

That just so happens to be the very mower I am wishful thinking about. Alas, I have no spare ECS unit to toy with. At present, I was contemplating fabricating an old T-Bar system onto it...

mowerman90
02-03-2012, 07:54 PM
I used to have an older Exmark and switched over to the ECS system.
Exmark offered it as a complete kit and if memory serves it was kinda expensive, around $200 - $250 I believe. However, it worked flawlessly once installed. Check with your dealer.

whoopassonthebluegrass
02-03-2012, 09:23 PM
I used to have an older Exmark and switched over to the ECS system.
Exmark offered it as a complete kit and if memory serves it was kinda expensive, around $200 - $250 I believe. However, it worked flawlessly once installed. Check with your dealer.

I'll have to do some long distance communicating, as I have no dealers... I'll see what I can find. $250 seems like a steal to dump those friggin' pistol grips.

larryinalabama
02-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Just buy a BOP Duelly

whoopassonthebluegrass
02-03-2012, 10:11 PM
Just buy a BOP Duelly

Hahahahahahaha! That's the funniest thing I've heard today. We're not competitors, so why are you trying to do me in?

larryinalabama
02-03-2012, 10:16 PM
Hahahahahahaha! That's the funniest thing I've heard today. We're not competitors, so why are you trying to do me in?

Good to see ya, how are you and Tamer doing? other than the BOP

knox gsl
02-04-2012, 12:09 AM
$250 would be a great deal to dump the pistol grips.

whoopassonthebluegrass
02-04-2012, 12:37 AM
Good to see ya, how are you and Tamer doing? other than the BOP

Just keepin' on keepin' on. Spent this past year planning to abandon ship and go back to school... but then the realities of being responsible for a family of 7 hit and I realized I'm stuck doing what I'm doing. So now I'm trying to reengage my lost interest and passion.

larryinalabama
02-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Just keepin' on keepin' on. Spent this past year planning to abandon ship and go back to school... but then the realities of being responsible for a family of 7 hit and I realized I'm stuck doing what I'm doing. So now I'm trying to reengage my lost interest and passion.

I guess Life hits all of us as nothing stays the same. My passion for the outdoors and taking care of peoples properties is acutually getting stronger even thought at 47 the body is getting weaker. Hang in there.. "The Grass isnt alaways Greener on the other side"

Good to see ys posting again.

deereequipment
02-05-2012, 09:22 AM
I didn't convert, but I sold them and bought a new Deere with the new style controls.
VERY comfortable to operate!!
I dont' use the mower, so am selling it with only 5 hours on it, still 1 year warranty, but love the way it handles!!!