Hi Guys,
Can anyone give me opinions on Bobcat fast cat pro 52"

Bundy014
02-03-2012, 05:04 PM
Bump
To the top

hawaii
02-03-2012, 07:07 PM
Ya im interested too, trying to decide between the fast cat and the pro cat.

Bundy014
02-03-2012, 10:22 PM
I am trying to decide between the Fast cat 52 or Gravely ZT 52....

hgh623
02-03-2012, 11:30 PM
I bought one last summer. I really like the mower,plenty of power , great cut better warranty .
I was also thinking about a Gravely! Chose the Fast Cat Pro. FX Kawasaki, heavier deck after test driving both I liked the way the Bob Cat handled.

Bundy014
02-04-2012, 01:34 PM
So, I am looking at a 2011 Fast Cat 52". Got the guy down to $4k...
The cat has less than 50 hrs on it...
What does everyone think of the price?

pugs
02-04-2012, 03:39 PM
Ya im interested too, trying to decide between the fast cat and the pro cat.

What do you plan to do with it? If its just for your property and you dont have huge acreage the fastcat would be fine. If you plan to use it for lots of acreage or lots of hours commercially I would step up to the procat.

B&M
02-04-2012, 09:17 PM
Bobcat makes very solid equipment built like a tank. We have been running a zt220 52in (pro cat with older stickers on it) for the last two years. One word of caution do not buy a bobcat with a briggs engine. The governor gear went out in ours with around 100 hrs on the clock. The engine had to be short blocked because of the loss of the governor gear. This was not the fault bobcat other than the fact that they put a terrible briggs engine on a great piece of equipment.

Bundy014
02-04-2012, 10:18 PM
Thanks B&M for the info. I am still waiting on info from the guy. He said he thought it was a 26hp Kawi KR. What is the difference in the motors again??? KX is the best one correct???

pugs
02-05-2012, 12:56 PM
Thanks B&M for the info. I am still waiting on info from the guy. He said he thought it was a 26hp Kawi KR. What is the difference in the motors again??? KX is the best one correct???

FX is the top model. The fastcat pro comes with an FX.

Now the low end fascat RZ models come with briggs or now they come with Kawasaki FR. FS is the middle line. FR is the residential line. They all use the same block. The difference is in carbs, blower housings, starters, air filters. I think the RZ models also have a bit cheaper transaxles.

Honestly the Briggs engine on the old ZT218ES or other Procat machines isnt a bad thing. Its for people that wanted a good machine at a cheap price. The cheap price = not so great of an engine. Kawasaki = not as good of a price.

B&M
02-05-2012, 09:27 PM
FX is the top model. The fastcat pro comes with an FX.

Now the low end fascat RZ models come with briggs or now they come with Kawasaki FR. FS is the middle line. FR is the residential line. They all use the same block. The difference is in carbs, blower housings, starters, air filters. I think the RZ models also have a bit cheaper transaxles.

Honestly the Briggs engine on the old ZT218ES or other Procat machines isnt a bad thing. Its for people that wanted a good machine at a cheap price. The cheap price = not so great of an engine. Kawasaki = not as good of a price.

We bought our cat as a holdover model that set on the dealer floor for several years, when we got it the "new procats" had been out for about a year. I do know for a fact that I will never buy another briggs product big block engine or otherwise.

As for the original question about the bobcat models:

fastcat Rz - residential machine with trans-axles think homeowner

Fastcat pro - entry level Pro machine also a very compact machine

Procat - mid grade pro machine

Predator-Pro - top of the line 61-72in decks and hp in excess 30hp

Hope the helps