PDA

View Full Version : Snapper Pro SW30 pistol grips

K&L Landscaping
02-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Of all the pistol grip mowers out there what do you think of the new Snapper Pro's controls? I've had Scag and John Deere hydro walkbehinds with the pistol grips and those controls were crippling after just a few hours.

unkownfl
02-03-2012, 04:54 PM
I wouldn't buy a machine with transaxles to be honest.

93Chevy
02-03-2012, 04:59 PM
I like the Snapper Pro/ Ferris DD pistol grips more than any other control out there, including Exmark ECS.

K&L Landscaping
02-03-2012, 05:02 PM
I like the Snapper Pro/ Ferris DD pistol grips more than any other control out there, including Exmark ECS.

I agree but my number one guy hates the SW30 controls. That's kinda why I asked the question to other users to see what the general consensus is.

93Chevy
02-03-2012, 05:06 PM
They seem to be really easy pressure compared to any other grip I've ever used.

K&L Landscaping
02-03-2012, 05:18 PM
I need to add another walkbehind this season and I'm kinda leaving it up to him since it will pretty much be "his" mower. He's in love with the Scag Pro V but I'm just kind of luke warm on it myself.

93Chevy
02-03-2012, 05:28 PM
I think the Velocity deck is a better deck, in my opinion, but I like pistol grips on walk behinds for better leverage on hills.

That's great to hear you buying the machine your guy wants. How long has he been with you?

K&L Landscaping
02-03-2012, 05:42 PM
I think the Velocity deck is a better deck, in my opinion, but I like pistol grips on walk behinds for better leverage on hills.

That's great to hear you buying the machine your guy wants. How long has he been with you?

He's been with me for 8 years and has not missed ONE day! Never complains, never slacks off just puts his head down and goes to work. I'm as loyal to him as he is to me, definitely a rare find these days.

ed2hess
02-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Snapper pro pistols are no problem at all. They seems to be less force than any unit I have run. We have it in the 36" and the mower seems to be a winner. The unit ran 3 years of heavy use.

jiggz
02-04-2012, 02:37 PM
my scag hydro was the worst pistols Ive ever used..Ive never used snapper for work.. but i always play with the one when im in the dealer.. there verry comfortable for me.. almost feel just like my bobcats which i can use all day with no probs..Have you ever looked at Toros T-bar?..often I find myself mowing with the back of two fingers on one hand, and that machines a 62". its cake after a day of use.. And there's still cross bars in case you need to strong arm it

Fwilamosky
02-04-2012, 02:43 PM
i added a new snapper pro 48in SW30 last year and i absolutely love it. the controls are the easiest on the market and the most fairly priced machine as well. the mower also leaves a great stripe as well. the controls are simple and the whole layout of the machine is user friendly and easy to work with.