PDA

View Full Version : need some help guys

Tizzy
02-03-2012, 05:44 PM
ok so first off little backround. im putting in a bid for a local school system. its going to have the biggest single property i have ever bid so i just want some input from people as to the numbers. im feeling like im way off. kinda just looking for some reasurance.

so first off it is 4 of 5 schools. HS is taken care of by school district.

they are going to be mowed by myself and 1 person. each school is bid individually. on a per mow basis as they are mowed as needed. i read procuts post so please dont kill me. lol

will be mowed with. 54" hustler xone, 72" hustler super Z, 60" JD 925

elementary school #1.
main area- 2 acres
back field- 1.65 acre
blowing 10 min
trimming-4670'
price= $150

elementary school #2
mowing- 5 acres
trimming- 5000'
blowing- 15 min
price=$220

elementary school #3
mowing- 6.5 acres
trimming- 7700'
blowing- 15 min
price= $275

Middle School
Mowing- 21.5 Acres
Trimming- 15000'
blowing- 30 min
price- $830

now my big question is the price on the middle school. i mean its litterally like 5 hrs worth of work. and is the biggest account ive ever bid on so i want your opinions on that mainly. but feel free to comment on the others.

and nobody ask where they are b/c im not going to say. and all schools will remain nameless. thank you for your advice. if you need more info just ask.

wbw
02-03-2012, 06:55 PM
I know that this is going to piss everyone off but...How much did they go for this year?

Tizzy
02-03-2012, 10:41 PM
couldnt tell you. they have building and grounds lumped together in the budget. so you cant tell what they spent on mowing alone. the only thing that is separted is contracted snow removal.

wbw
02-04-2012, 08:45 AM
If these are public shcolls and they had contracts last year then you are entitled to see them. Knowing these numbers will not tell you what to bid but it may tell you if you are wasting your time or not.