PDA

View Full Version : Door Hangers / advertising ?

jrsimpson77
02-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Are door hangers worth the money. I had planned on maybe getting some door hangers and getting them out in the next month or so. We have at least the rest of February and March with snow and bad weather. If I use door hangers should I get them out in a month or wait til end of March or first April to get them out? I could see if you used them and got them out to early people would throw them out or just stuff them in a drawer. But maybe closer to the lawn mowing weather if they needed the service they would keep it and contract us. We also have a local service directory for lawn mowing business and everything else you can think of. I had good success with it for the snow removal part of the business so I will be putting the lawn mowing in there. New to the lawn mowing part of the business, just want to get our name out there. Many of our snow removal customers have signed up for lawn mowing so we already have some business but I would like to get more. Any advice and input would be great........Thanks

BestImpressions99
02-04-2012, 11:51 AM
If you're just starting out then door hangers for myself would be a good route. But the problem with leaving something on a door (even if it's right in the middle of the season) is that you're more likely to see that hanger wasted. I believe and always have that face to face contact will get you farther every time. Face to face as a sales pitch is always the way to go.

Not being smart alec (or meaning to be I should say) but think of it this way. How many car sales or electronics sales are done by door hanger/ad...

jrsimpson77
02-04-2012, 12:30 PM
No your fine, I 100% agree you with you there....Guess I was thinking of my self as a home owner. I hate it when people come knocking on my door, usually its after I worked 12 - 14 hours...lol Thought maybe the door hangers would give them a chance to look at it, read it, maybe, hopefully. And at there own time call when its a good time for them. I know a lot of people just throw them out but hope maybe I could get a little response from them.
Posted via Mobile Device

TheBetterDoorhanger
02-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Hi guys! Wanna way to keep your prospects from throwing out your your door hangers? Just make sure you have Stick-It attached to the back so that way the potential customer can take the door hanger right from the door to their fridge! When they stick it to their fridge your name & Co. info will always be in their view regardless of what time it is during the season. It's really a great way to get remembered. You can also add Band-It to really get noticed which securely fastens your door hanger to the handle. Take a look at our video, it will explain it better:
http://www.adeasprinting.com/Door-Hangers

Please feel free to call us, we like to think of ourselves as the door hanger experts & we have such great prices! Scroll down on the page I sent you to see our price breaks. Our specials are on the right side. :)

Robin Christopherson
A'DEAS Printing
Home of Band-It & Stick-It® Products
www.AdeasPrinting.com
robin@adeasprinting.com
(316) 269-2494 ext. 200
(866) 251-3181 fax
719 S. St. Francis
Wichita, KS 67211

OneLineAtATime
02-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Door hangers and flyers have worked better for me than top google listing mailers, C.List, etc. I'm starting to pass them out this week. 50 degrees with no snow insight, people are thinking spring time. In 45 days i'll hit the same neighbor hoods again. I like to use them to target areas i want, and customers are use to seeing our logo trucks in their area on the same day same time every week, so they call.

DA Quality Lawn & YS
02-05-2012, 04:26 PM
I did doorhangers a few times. A lot of walking time for little production. I went direct mail last year, got even a little better results, and did not spend any time walking, just doing estimates.

But, nothing wrong with hangers if you have the foot labor to hang them.