PDA

View Full Version : Pine Bark Wholesalers

jkelton
11-27-2002, 02:40 PM
Does anyone know of a quality source of pine bark mulch (wholesale in tractor trailer load amounts)? I am located in Middle Tennessee. I think most of the pine bark in our area comes from Alabama. Anyone in Alabama who can point me to a good source would be greatly appreciated.

tony58
01-01-2003, 02:23 PM
I noticed you didn't receive any replys from your post in Nov.Did you ever find any in the Nashville area?I could use 8-10 yds per year for potting mix.
Thanks Tony 58

jkelton
01-01-2003, 03:41 PM
Yes, I did. Sims Bark Company in Alabama was the source that I found that had the best price for me. In addition to shredded pine bark mulch, they also have the pine fines that you probably would want. They actually supply several of the Lowe's in our area with bagged mulch. If I am not mistaken, they also deliver to Bates Nursery in Nashville. I like the pine fines from The Mulch Company, but they are too high for me (they have to buy from a supplier just like me) - they might be the same price as Bates though. The Mulch Company just came out with their 2003 price list - $25/yd for pine fines for landscapers.

goose
01-06-2003, 11:13 PM
jkelton what is the phone number and where are they located in Alabama. How mulch was there price? I see you are in Murf , Tn.My cousin owns a sports bar in Nash. I think its near 24 and Old Hickory. The name is "Ralphs".
Goose

jkelton
01-07-2003, 03:08 PM
Goose,
Their phone number is (800) 346-3216 and they are out of Muscle Shoals. The price per tractor trailer load (105 yards) was $13/yd. If you are closer to their site, you probably will get a better price.