PDA

View Full Version : 21" Commercial Grade Push Mowers

Oversizeturtle
02-06-2012, 12:40 PM
I'm looking for opinions from you guys on good, dependable, durable commercial grade 21" self propelled push mowers to use in our business.

Years ago we used Cub Cadet mowers for our business because we loved the 3 n 1 system but stopped using them because of the constant equipment break downs we had with the Cub Cadets. We've since bought a few John Deeres, Toros, & 1 Honda Commercial. We weren't thrilled by the Honda because of time lost constantly clearing the grass clogged rear, side discharge chute.

What mowers do you use in your business, which you avoid and what are your thoughts the mowers below. We like the two below because of the steel wheels and 3 n 1 system.

Snapper
http://www.mowersdirect.com/Snapper-7800772-Lawn-Mower/p6534.html

Toro
http://www.toro.com/en-us/professional-contractor/mowers/professional-21-walk-mower/Pages/Series.aspx?sid=Commercial-Mower

Thanks

Roger
02-06-2012, 03:13 PM
....durable commercial grade 21" self propelled push mowers ....

You've defined a paradoxical piece of equipment.

Do a search. There are hundreds of threads, even within a year old, that discuss this topic. Don't be surprised if there is little response to this thread because the topic has been beaten to death in other threads. People tire of repeating the same things over and over.

ralph02813
02-06-2012, 03:37 PM
You've defined a paradoxical piece of equipment.

Do a search. There are hundreds of threads, even within a year old, that discuss this topic. Don't be surprised if there is little response to this thread because the topic has been beaten to death in other threads. People tire of repeating the same things over and over.

I couldn't agree more. One of the huge seemingly big technical guestions is: drum roll please: what are you cutting, ie type of grass and where.

weeze
02-06-2012, 03:46 PM
cut grass when it's dry = no clogging

lawnspecialties
02-06-2012, 03:48 PM
I use the commercial Honda. The $1200 one. Its overkill but should last forever.

It was a piece of crap for the first few months because it cut so poorly. But after my constant complaining, my dealer upped the rpm's just a little and it made all the difference in the world.

Valk
02-06-2012, 05:50 PM
IFF you're planning to do a fair amount of side-discharging I'll urge you to consider the models that discharge out of the right side as compared to a rear chute that directs the clippings to the left.

Advantages of a true right-sided discharge mower:
*clippings will be better dispersed
*if mowing tall &/or wet grass while discharging outward (counter-clockwise) in a racetrack mowing pattern, you'll have vacuum where you need it most, namely, on the right side where the wheels push the turf down; the blade coming over it will vacuum the pushed down grass better than if mowing clockwise with a rear-chute while side-discharging to the left. Remember, on the right side the blade is coming toward you and is thusly going away from you on the left side.

*trucewhiteflag*

Merkava_4
02-07-2012, 03:48 AM
If you're gonna bag the grass, that Snapper HI-VAC is superb.

ralph02813
02-07-2012, 06:37 AM
If you're gonna bag the grass, that Snapper HI-VAC is superb.

Not in the morning on a heavy dew in southern new england, in maybe fine in CA, that is why I posed the question, what kind of grass where , this was also reiterated by Roger and Jason

K&L Landscaping
02-07-2012, 06:49 AM
I have only used eXmark Metro's and Toro Proline 21" mowers and they have been outstanding in all conditions. I'm sure the HRC216's are also excellent but I've had such good experiences with the Toro/eXmark mowers that I wouldn't change.

lawnboy dan
02-07-2012, 08:46 AM
toro toro toro!

KandMlawncare
02-07-2012, 11:06 PM
We run the Toro 21". Love it!