PDA

View Full Version : Good Opening Phrase for Flyer.

lawnsaspire
02-06-2012, 01:47 PM
I am trying to think of a good opening catch phrase or line to put at the top of my mowing flyer this year. In the past I have always had "I would love to mow your lawn" at the top of my flyers but I'd like to try something different this year. Any ideas?
Also, last year I spent a lot on full color flyers and didn't get anymore response than with my black and white flyers from previous years actually I got more response with the previous years flyers and most of my work last year came from referrals. Has anyone else had that experience? I can make up 3000 black and whites for $50 at the local copy center so I think I'll go with that this year.
Thanks for your help.

drenchedlawn
02-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Same here. It seems the message is far more important than color or not. I've seen this time after time.

THEGOLDPRO
02-06-2012, 01:59 PM
How about

"We mow cheap,We mow good,We mow fast,let us mow you cheap,good,fast."

lawnsaspire
02-06-2012, 02:06 PM
that sounds like something out of one of my sons Dr. suess books.

lawnsaspire
02-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Same here. It seems the message is far more important than color or not. I've seen this time after time.

That's a very, very nice website Drenched. Very simple, it gives some ideas for my flyer actually.

crazymike
02-06-2012, 03:07 PM
how about
-----
FREE SEX

now that I have your attention, I'd love to mow your lawn.

drenchedlawn
02-06-2012, 04:27 PM
That's a very, very nice website Drenched. Very simple, it gives some ideas for my flyer actually.

Why thank you. I like to keep everything as simple as possible :)

jlouki01
02-06-2012, 04:51 PM
As weird as it may seem when we did flyers many moons ago the type of paper made the most difference.

Slick glossy always got more calls.

However for the cost of slick glossy you can just have Rndsigns make you some door hangers and get away from "flyers" all together.

Remember.. you are trying to get them to spend money with you not promotor a Puff daddy concert.

lawnsaspire
02-06-2012, 05:51 PM
I just hesitate to use door hangers b/c I feel that they give the impression that it's some big company advertising, rather than a solo small business who will give better attention to customer satisfaction. Not that big companies can't do that but I feel that a flyer better represents a solo operator than a door hanger. If that makes any sense.

KrayzKajun
02-06-2012, 06:05 PM
how about
-----
FREE SEX

now that I have your attention, I'd love to mow your lawn.

I like it!
Posted via Mobile Device

Valk
02-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Single white mower
Seeking mature green lawns
For weekly encounters
Mmmmmmm.....

Wecutgrass
02-06-2012, 07:44 PM
what about "we go the extra mile on "yard" at a time" thats what i use..

TheBetterDoorhanger
02-06-2012, 08:03 PM
I just hesitate to use door hangers b/c I feel that they give the impression that it's some big company advertising, rather than a solo small business who will give better attention to customer satisfaction. Not that big companies can't do that but I feel that a flyer better represents a solo operator than a door hanger. If that makes any sense.

What about also stating that you are a small business somewhere in your ad?
You could say something like:
"We're a small business who gives big results. Let us mow your lawn!"

Door Hangers are actually used by alot of our small business owners & flyers are very popular too. We are a printer who specializes in door hangers, flyers & much more. We have tons of different options available at Adeas. Black/white, color, glossy, etc... Our prices are great!
We are also a small family owned business in Kansas & we can customize your order to fit your needs. The best part about ordering from us is that you can add our unique Stick-It and or Band-It products to your door hangers or flyers. Stick-It allows your customer to stick your ad to their fridge & Band-It keeps door hangers securely on the door even in high winds.
To learn more take a look at our video & please feel free to call us if
you have any questions on prices etc.
http://www.adeasprinting.com/Door-Hangers

Robin Christopherson
A'DEAS Printing
Home of Band-It & Stick-It® Products
www.AdeasPrinting.com
robin@adeasprinting.com
(316) 269-2494 ext. 200
(866) 251-3181 fax
719 S. St. Francis
Wichita, KS 67211

DUSTYCEDAR
02-06-2012, 08:11 PM
just getting your name out there is the trick nike just do it

f50lvr2
02-06-2012, 08:12 PM
I went with some really nice door hangers from Adea's last year. They looked awesome and I have no complaints about the company but I had my worst response in years. I'm going back to the simple black on yellow flyer this year to see how that works.

I put, "I will MOW YOUR YARD so you don't have to" with the words "Mow your yard" really big in the middle with "I will" really small above and "so you don't have to" really small below.

Then a small message about customer service, yada-yada-yada, and then the phone number really big at the bottom and the website below that.

In my experience the more simple and cheap looking the flyer the better the response.

Exact Rototilling
02-06-2012, 10:19 PM
It has been my suspicion that ridiculously simple basic looking flyers can be more effective than full throttle glossy professional designed hangers. Client might be thinking they will get a better deal.

I absolutely love the " stick it" concept. Wish I could get those for my print at home limited run flyers.
Posted via Mobile Device

Exact Rototilling
02-06-2012, 10:49 PM
Also based on what I have read here on LS over the years. I believe that a few Co do in fact have a incredible rate of return with their flyers and/or hangers campaigns. And they will keep those nuggets guarded.
Posted via Mobile Device

TTM42
02-06-2012, 10:55 PM
How about

"We mow cheap,We mow good,We mow fast,let us mow you cheap,good,fast."

That would head straight to the garbage can