PDA

View Full Version : Xtreme trimmer rack

nola lawn maintenance
02-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Before I buy, any complaints or problems? It seems that most people like the Xtreme the most. It's a little pricey compared to others.

orangemower
02-06-2012, 03:56 PM
A quick search would have yielded 100's of posts for your reading pleasure on the subject. No wait, 1000's of posts......

Fencek
02-06-2012, 04:12 PM
Before I buy, any complaints or problems? It seems that most people like the Xtreme the most. It's a little pricey compared to others.

I have one (3 set) and love it. No issues at all and keeps your trimmers/edgers stable (will not flip/spin). Worth the price imho.

nola lawn maintenance
02-06-2012, 04:23 PM
Wow, thanks Orange, thats some awesome advice. If you would have read my original post you may have gotten that I have searched on here for any info saying "most people like the Xtreme" but a lot of the posts that I found were a little older. Just looking for some up to date info. Don't reply to my threads unless you have useful info.

orangemower
02-06-2012, 04:36 PM
I didn't see where you said you searched the forum for the subject. Why do you need a more up to date post from others when they already posted it before? I'll reply to whatever posts I want thank you very much.

bls47303
02-06-2012, 04:57 PM
I have 2 sets 1 two place and 1 three place i love them both. Mounted them the same distance apart so it dosnt matter what trailer the trimmer goes on. Also replaced the locks with new master locks keyed the same as all of my other pad locks 1 key dose it all.

Lefet
02-06-2012, 05:01 PM
We have em, I like em. I want to get the engine braces though. I don't like the heads bobbling.

nola lawn maintenance
02-06-2012, 05:13 PM
I didn't know they had engine braces? Are they listed on the Xtreme website?

djagusch
02-06-2012, 05:21 PM
I didn't know they had engine braces? Are they listed on the Xtreme website?

Yes, under accessories.
Posted via Mobile Device

Lefet
02-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Nope, they've moved them, (under trimmer racks) and I THINK raised the price.

http://www.trailerracks.com/enginesupport.html

nola lawn maintenance
02-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Found it, thanks.

Andrew & Ben's Lawn Care
02-06-2012, 06:09 PM
I have 2 sets 1 two place and 1 three place i love them both. Mounted them the same distance apart so it dosnt matter what trailer the trimmer goes on. Also replaced the locks with new master locks keyed the same as all of my other pad locks 1 key dose it all.

Great info. I've always wanted to have 1 key, how did you go about doing that? Also, the padlocks on the rack are enclosed, how did you change them out?

TNGrassCutter
02-06-2012, 07:08 PM
There is a bolt on the backside you unscrew and the lock comes out, it shows how to do it in the instructions if you have them.
Posted via Mobile Device

onlythebest
02-06-2012, 07:21 PM
i lost my keys to my 3 place rack. how do i get that lock out? and is it a special lock to replace? never used them yet just bought them cheap for future use and this year i would like to use them and cant find the keys

onlythebest
02-06-2012, 07:34 PM
aha never mind i just unscrewed that bolt on the back and it cam right off. kinda disappointing that that's how easy it is to unlock these things...

Lefet
02-06-2012, 07:39 PM
aha never mind i just unscrewed that bolt on the back and it cam right off. kinda disappointing that that's how easy it is to unlock these things...

But the lock would have to be unlocked correct? It's not THAT easy right?

onlythebest
02-06-2012, 07:47 PM
to be honest I'm not sure because my lock seems to have an issue aside from not having a key, it wont lock. but your right, it probably does need to be unlocked in order for you to remove the whole locking assembly from the rack.

Lefet
02-06-2012, 07:51 PM
to be honest I'm not sure because my lock seems to have an issue aside from not having a key, it wont lock. but your right, it probably does need to be unlocked in order for you to remove the whole locking assembly from the rack.

WHEW!! They're not cheap and that would be a MAJOR bummer!!

onlythebest
02-06-2012, 07:57 PM
aha yeah sorry for scaring you... looking forward to using them this year i have had them in my garage for about 16 months or so just sitting