PDA

View Full Version : alot of flyers

williams lcm
02-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Man.....I have seen a ton of new flyers in the yards I do. Most say they will show up every week year round for cheap. In Florida the norm was bi-weekly in the winter, weekly in the growing season. Now with the newbies are trying to get new accounts and say they will show up weekly. I have never seen so many new lawn guys. I have seen cadillac escaldes pulling equipment and I did see a smart car with a little trailer. Are you serious?

Ric
02-07-2012, 10:12 AM

Williams

SO WHAT ELSE IS NEW???? Even in good times out of work newcomers try their luck at mowing. Each spring we see a rash of newbies. Some actually last but 99% are gone by August. Actually August to Thanksgiving is some of the best times to pick up accounts. I find the better accounts are those who who look for a service provider in the fall for year round service.

unkownfl
02-07-2012, 01:18 PM
I would agree with ric. Usually by late June early July their equipment is up for sale and they're just starting to stop showing up. If I sign a new client on a yearly they pay more for signing up in the dead middle of summer. Seems like they're the ones that tend to not want to pay when you show up every 2-3 weeks in the winter.